Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedmelody
can we just agree that im stupid and leave it there.
No!

You are NOT stupid!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Man
The most profound lies are those we tell ourselves...

Mel... From my own experience, I absolutely and 100% agree with those words of Spacey's!

Can I suggest that you ponder his words... don't come up with a quick answer... or response... but spend some time with them on your own...

No-one's got a hidden agenda here... and no-one thinks you're stupid - he cares about you, and I do to....

You're a beautiful, lovely, smart person... with a huge amount to offer - we want you to see that in yourself.... for yourself!

:)

Last edited by Poppies : 12-02-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:25 PM
jadedmelody

[EDIT: I've deleted this post in light of the fact that the issues were resolved and it doesnt need to be here any more, it only creates bad feeling]

Last edited by jadedmelody : 17-02-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Poppies

Mel....

You're not stupid!

I've PM'd you...
Old 14-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Space_Man

[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]To everyone who is reading through this thread for the first time: [size=1]Note that there was a recent

Last edited by Space_Man : 14-02-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 17-02-2006, 06:18 PM
jadedmelody

Ok so I deleted pretty much all of the posts I've made in this thread because this thread is supposed to be helping people to heal and the negativity isnt helping anything. What was there was not healing for anyone, not me or anyone coming here to heal.

The reason I think that this thread became negative and for me overwhelming is a mixture of things. I don't think this forum is really the right place for a thread about the kind of discussion that began here, i think if anyone with an ED who wants spiritual help and support and wants to talk about it, then i think thats great, but thats not what it became.

It didnt help that I have not actually been diagnosed with an ED, am not trying to recover from one I might or might not have and was also the only current "sufferer" who participated in the thread. Nor that there was a lot of misconception amongst the non-sufferers about EDs and a lack of understanding of the nature of EDs as serious psychiatric diseases.

So, let's get this thread back on track?
Old 18-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedmelody
Nor that there was a lot of misconception amongst the non-sufferers about EDs and a lack of understanding of the nature of EDs as serious psychiatric diseases.
I'm sorry, I have to clarify something here.

Whilst I accept what you say about ED's being psychiatric diseases.... the reasons for them starting are many. And for some people they start as a form of self-harm. This was, I believe, part of the reasoning behind comments/questions that were posed in this thread.

I speak from personal experience here. I have a twin sister. We have both been warned that we are in danger of developing an eating disorder because of our erratic eating habits, and these are directly linked with our self injury.

And to clarify, the person who warned me was my psychiatrist.

For me, when I'm struggling, one of the ways that I seek to 'hurt' myself is by not eating. I know this. My sister knows this from her experience. My psychiatrist knows this.

I do not have an eating disorder. I have never been diagnosed with an eating disorder. But I have been warned that if I'm not 'careful' I could develop one.

That is not my desire or intention. I do know, however, know that self-neglect is, in a way, another method of hurting ourselves. Maybe I should call it "self-abuse" rather than "self-injury".

Quote:
So, let's get this thread back on track?
I agree. But I felt that point needed clarifying.

I will also say that any self-diagnosis is inadvisable. Psychiatric illness, as well as physical illness, is more 'safely' made with a medical diagnosis.

Last edited by Poppies : 18-02-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 18-02-2006, 10:39 AM
jadedmelody

I have not diagnosed myself and i never said that I had or it would be a good idea. Im not going to get into a debate about the rest of it. Im just going to leave this thread be now and people can use it as they want.
Old 21-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Space_Man

[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]Gosh
Old 20-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Nachtmusik

I have not been diagnosed with an ED, but doctors have seen eating problems in me. I was underfed the first three years of my life and learned in school age years how to eat well, but I eat too much and too much of what's bad for me. Also, it's hard to differentiate for me between the good and bad. For example, I have lots of fresh fruit that I could eat for breakfast, but instead I chose a gooey cinnamon roll from the tray of about eight of them. Mom and I were just talking about this a while ago. She says I should just throw it away if it's calling to me and it's bad, but she's the one who bought it in the first place and there were like five or six of them left after the past few days of the family eating them. My philosophy is get rid of it through eating it so it doesn't go to waste and there's no guilt, at least about throwing it in the garbage, but there is when it's there and it's unhealthy and it's been eaten. I'm glad I'm not extreme. I'm not a midnight snacker and I don't fill up until I'm sick (unless it's at parties, did it in 2005 at a Super Bowl party) and I don't starve myself or anything. I just have disordered thinking about the food I choose to eat.
Old 24-03-2006, 04:35 PM
sennacharib

Sending you all love and light xxxxxxxxxxx
Closed Thread