Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Master
Love: Where were you then, first?

I wished to open a discussion about love and where it may originate from.
My thought is that love couldn't of just happened, to appear out of nowhere for no reason. It has to exist because of something.
Was it an emotion, or a choice?
When I think about it, loneliness comes to mind first. And if that be the case, then that would make love 'an emotion' from the beginning........and not 'a choice'. And although a choice can be made concerning whether to love or not, I don't see the first instance of love being a choice.

When I say 'the first instance of love', I am speaking of the origin of it.......the very beginning.
But then I wonder, is love just confined to physicality?
My feeling is such that it cannot be. And this is what has led me to a bigger wonder! How.......and why then?
As is assumed, nothing can come from nothing. And even if magic or miracle should be involved, there must at the very least be a moment before love comes into existence. What is supposed that this moment may be?
My own thought this very moment is that it was loneliness.
But how may that have come to be?
How in all of creation does love come to exist?

As I am certain that God, the Universe, the All, the Great Spirit, the Supreme Being, and anything else that one may wish to call that will enter this topic.......please understand that this discussion is not about who's who, but about 'Love'.
No matter any of that, LOVE as it was and is, has a beginning. And I wish to explore everyone's thoughts on this..........
Old 28-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Master
I find no surprise that there has been no response to this post, and that's o.k.

Its very deep in subject. And when you question these things, all of a sudden, other things have to be considered as well.
It opens other doors that some may not be ready to open, I know.
When a heart and mind is set on how a thing is, opening up to something new or different can be difficult.

Maybe more time and thought is needed to expand on this.......... :)
Old 31-07-2014, 05:23 PM
lonelysweetheart

Hello,

Like you have mentioned "Love is an emotion first and then a choice". True.
Love is always a emotion... can't be a choice at all. But having that emotion in oneself, choosing to continue or not is a definitely a choice.

However, There are different types of love and the reason for each one is surely not loneliness. So coming back to the type of love you and I were speaking about, Well ! Loneliness is the reason most of the times but not always. Not everyone who falls in love is lonely in their life. Some may have very good family, very good parents, very good friends, even very good spouses. Still they fall in love..."true" love. Love is not confined to physicality always. One may fall in love with a person who he/she wouldn't have liked physically..but when he/she falls in love, that same person is the most beautiful person on this earth. So love is beyond being physically attractive.