Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 29-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Members are also advised to be polite to other members at all times. Aggression, disrespect, baiting, flaming, homophobia , racism , name calling (this includes calling people trolls or accusing them of trolling.), belittling, sarcasm, bullying, gossiping, are all unacceptable behaviour and will, if persistent despite reminders and warnings, result in Disciplinary Action. If, however, the breach of the above rule is considered too severe, Staff may at their discretion forego both the reminder and warning and resort immediately to Disciplinary Action. Adversarial and aggressive posts deter people who would like to contribute to discussions from participation in these boards.
Old 30-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Knower
I'm wondering from a Hebrew pov if something that is pagan in origin has crept into what ever Judaism this is, is allowed to be called as such.

What are you talking about? Do you even know what Judaism is? From what I'm getting from your postings, you sound like one of those crazy people I see standing on street corners in NYC preaching that you are the only "true Israelites." I'm not saying that you are one of those, but that is sure what your speech is sounding like.

We certainly have a lot of material to work with here. So if its not allowed what would the breach be in telling the truth so the people know who their enemy is so they can make an informed decision on their spiritual journey and are not misled.

Who are you calling "the enemy"? The Jewish people? Who are you to talk about "telling the truth" and not misleading people? You've been politely asked by more than one person in this thread to cite your sources for at least one of the offensively ignorant claims that you make about the Jewish people, and you have failed to do so.

True I will cut back on what is termed as 'rude' by a certain member. I'm just laughing to myself btw thinking about "that dude doesn't know what rude is".

I know what hate speech is. And, besides the previous, name-calling post that you made to me (which I see the Mods have deleted), I've seen some of your other hate posted on these forums. Btw, I'm not a dude.

Lol Truth is Truth warts and all.

I think that you are confused and maybe a little disturbed and you don't know what Truth is. I expect I'll get in trouble with the Mods for posting this, but I am not going to remain silent when confronted with hate such as yours.
Old 13-04-2018, 03:09 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
I'm wondering from a Hebrew pov if something that is pagan in origin has crept into what ever Judaism this is, is allowed to be called as such. We certainly have a lot of material to work with here. So if its not allowed what would the breach be in telling the truth so the people know who their enemy is so they can make an informed decision on their spiritual journey and are not misled. True I will cut back on what is termed as 'rude' by a certain member. I'm just laughing to myself btw thinking about "that dude doesn't know what rude is". Lol Truth is Truth warts and all.

I am reciting one of SFs rules as a reminder to be respectful to each other especially as young and senior members alike can read what is being written. all our entitled to there opinion regardless of what it is and Im sure both members in question can at the least agree to disagree in moderation.

I am of no authority on the subjects in question so cannot respond in a way expected of me while in a position to administer.

many blessings

Heart
Old 13-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

I have done an edit here and I would like to bring us back to the topic of the first post. If anyone has issues with any SF Member including SF Staff bring it to me direct and it will be discussed by "all staff". I do not want to see "moderating done by members.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 13-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Administrator
Being told I'm jewish, is there some basis in tradition /litterature?

Hi,

This is a question long under ways, and it is merely our of curioustity.

Through my childhood and young adult life, it happened many times that I was treated as kin, by aquaintances, strangers and parents of friends for example. People of jewish decent and faith. (Please, what is the term to use, I heard somewhere that Jew was derogatory, but it is still on wikipedia with no mention of it. Please, enlighten me, if you can.)

That is one thing, I have a biblical name (Rakel) and I'm very dark for ascandinavian.

But today I was reminded of a man who told me that I was actually jewish; I explained where my mother was from and father and their parents in turn. I would have loved to be jewish, for sure! The welcoming I got was very warm and caring and a little mysterious, also. Anyway, this man insisted, I don't remember his argument. I just was.

And later it happened another time, with a very old jewish man who said sth like you cannot always count your parents as your parents... He too stated that I was jewish.

I never followed through with examining it because, I felt like a fraud, I didn't want to trespass.

Years ago I saw a film with Jeff Goldblum where something similar happened to him, can't remember anything but the fact that I was somehow relieved I was not the only one this had happened to.

So, my question is; is this 'a thing' in judaism? Is there some basis in tradition or literature for jewish people being born in non-jewish families, needing to 'find home', or something like that?

The man who first talked to me about it, I heard of him today for the first time in 20 years, and my sister reminded me that he had talked even to her about it back then; telling her to ask me to take it seriously. I didn't know that back then, she felt intimidated by the idea that I would not be family, and never conveyed it to me.

And I simply realized today, hat I have always wondered if there could be any truth to it somehow. If there was/is some 'magic' that I've closed the door on.

Very, very curious to hear if anyone has any insights to it!

Thank you! / Mi
Old 19-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
Hi,

This is a question long under ways, and it is merely our of curioustity.

Through my childhood and young adult life, it happened many times that I was treated as kin, by aquaintances, strangers and parents of friends for example. People of jewish decent and faith. (Please, what is the term to use, I heard somewhere that Jew was derogatory, but it is still on wikipedia with no mention of it. Please, enlighten me, if you can.)

That is one thing, I have a biblical name (Rakel) and I'm very dark for ascandinavian.

But today I was reminded of a man who told me that I was actually jewish; I explained where my mother was from and father and their parents in turn. I would have loved to be jewish, for sure! The welcoming I got was very warm and caring and a little mysterious, also. Anyway, this man insisted, I don't remember his argument. I just was.

And later it happened another time, with a very old jewish man who said sth like you cannot always count your parents as your parents... He too stated that I was jewish.

I never followed through with examining it because, I felt like a fraud, I didn't want to trespass.

Years ago I saw a film with Jeff Goldblum where something similar happened to him, can't remember anything but the fact that I was somehow relieved I was not the only one this had happened to.

So, my question is; is this 'a thing' in judaism? Is there some basis in tradition or literature for jewish people being born in non-jewish families, needing to 'find home', or something like that?

The man who first talked to me about it, I heard of him today for the first time in 20 years, and my sister reminded me that he had talked even to her about it back then; telling her to ask me to take it seriously. I didn't know that back then, she felt intimidated by the idea that I would not be family, and never conveyed it to me.

And I simply realized today, hat I have always wondered if there could be any truth to it somehow. If there was/is some 'magic' that I've closed the door on.

Very, very curious to hear if anyone has any insights to it!

Thank you! / Mi
Yeah according to so called scripture there are many places where it says that the Ibreet/Hebrew will be scattered into all nations and just by looking at them it will be hard to tell them apart from a gentile and if you look into the book of Daniel you will see that a certain entity went out to stamp out the residue. They didnt stop there they even have some impostors posing as Ibreet and hindering the dispersed among the nations from returning, and there is a warning against them for hindering but most of them will turn around from their evil ways and actually help. There are those that are too stubborn to turn around just as stubborn as those Ibreet that were dispersed before they were dispersed. Now there are Ibreet that also hinder the way for the dispersed to return and their reward has already been created and they know it.
So here's something to ponder, the house of Yaakubah/Jacob was in slavery in Egypt, they were promised freedom and taken directly to the mountain and given the eternal covenant of freedom which Moses could only fit into one of his hands. Although in that covenant of freedom speaks of seven days there's also an eighth day where the all that is unnecessary will be cut(symbolically) away. Be aware of the interpretations of that covenant and be aware of what has already been taught you and seek diligently and you will find all things that are already in you to know, generally speaking.