Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Guide

I think we retain our personality after we pass, but we also can understand all that transpired during that lifetime. We can see the affects of what we did, understand the 'other person's' point of view. This understanding most likely shifts our personality somewhat, making us, in effect, better souls.

I'm inclined to think (no proof of it, naturally) that the essence of our personality remains somewhat consistant throughout our lives. A fun-loving, carefree sort of person likely has always been prone to making the best of things, etc.

When we pass over, I think it likely that we remember all of our personal "history" -all our past lives, all the events and plans and goals we've ever had - in other words I think we find that we are just one soul living multiple lives in an attempt to grow and learn and finally graduate to whatever comes next.

I don't think we suddenly know everything about everything in the Universe upon passing. If we did, what would be the purpose of coming to this dismal planet in the first place? I believe that after passing we have access to whatever we are willing to make the effort to learn, but it isn't all just miraculously there in our minds.

Intriguing questions, Winter.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:44 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
I'm inclined to think (no proof of it, naturally) that the essence of our personality remains somewhat consistant throughout our lives. A fun-loving, carefree sort of person likely has always been prone to making the best of things, etc.

I've meet a couple of people in my lifetime who were born exceptionally humble ...
So much so, I wonder how they can extend themself to greater masses w/the greatest of love, patience & compassion ...
I tend to believe, since there appears to be so few of them, that they have evolved over many life times to have achieved selflessness ...
What I've also come to notice is their companion seems to be their protector/advisor from the evil they are blinded to ...
This continues to be a curiosity ...
Old 12-03-2014, 04:13 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter
Hello. I just got finished reading a book called "The Afterliffe Unveiled" by Stafford Betty. It is a collection of documented channelings...and based on these dcoments, the author sums of life on the "other side". Great book, highly recommended.

Anyway, the book is pretty accurate, based on everything I have researched on the subject, except for one theme. I have been struggling with this inconsistancy for a while now, and look for more knowledgeable people to help me with this. The author states that when die, our spirits maintain all of the quirks and habits that we had as humans. In other words, we do not transform into more knowledgeable beings as spirits. If we were ignorant and selfish as humans, then we remain ignorant and selfish as spirits, until we further develop ourselves. Where we leave off as humans right up to the point of death, is where we pick things up as spirits. An alcoholic human for example, will still be an alcoholic as a spirit and will wander around its old drinking spots.

The problem with this theory in my opinion, is that it is in conflict with the theme of reincarnation, and the veil of forgetfulness. Why would I remain the same as my last human life, as a spirit, when I have lived countless lives? I would be more knowledgeable as a spirit, because I have lived countless lives, and already am familiar with life on the other side. I wouldnt just pick up right where I left offf right? We are ignorant as humans because before we are born, our memories are wiped clean and we begin our lives. But upon death, that veil of forgetfulness is lifted.

The author also states that there are many kids in the 4th density. Human kids that have died, and remain kids as spirits. I find this also contrary to all the other research I have done on the topic. Why would a kid remain a kid when he has lived numerous lives? It doesn't make sense.

Thoughts?

I do not agree with any of the above. Each of us is essentially two beings in one. The body and the soul. The body is of the earth and temporary. The soul resides in spirit only, almost eternal. The personality is a product of the physical brain, genetic configuration and conditioning through life experiences. The soul is nothing to do with the body. It is only connected to it. It's natural realm is the mental plane. Nothing that the personality can do can have any negative effect on the soul. The soul is tasked to learn what the earth can teach and to synthesize all this into wisdom which it will use in it's growth and new objectives in the distant future. To do this it projects itself into more than one thousand physical lives on earth oer thousands of years. Each of these is a unique personality. After a man dies the memories of the lifetime just past goes to the soul where it is assimilated. Souls live in groups. Each helps the other in this. In this way all souls are assisted in determining what sort of body and lifetime to have next based on what most needs to be learned. All souls are as adults in consciousness. There are no child souls. Souls are pure mental energy. They remember lifetimes but do not continue any single life into the spirit world. On a practical level the soul on it's own plane may adopt the appearance and manner of a favorite lifetime but this is for convenience only.

Here's how it works... Each soul lives a life in every type of body/personality that the earth has to offer. So before the soul is finished with the earth it will have experienced being fat, skinny, stupid, smart, gay, straight, short, tall, male, female, healthy, sick, black, white, rich, poor, ugly, pretty, deformed, blind, deaf, dumb, asian and every other possibility. All souls will have a turn at being born only to die as an infant too. This is were learning and wisdom comes from. Each body type has lessons to be experienced.

The most common error we humans make is to view ourselves in terms of our personalities. We identify with our present bodies. This is a big mistake because what and who we are today is only one little tiny bit of what our soul is. Thinking this way we tend to wonder and say things like, "what will I be in my next lifetime". The truth is that the "I" that we speak of is not eternal but earthbound and it dissolves after death. The personality is NOT eternal.

The high purpose of meditation and high yoga (not hatha or tantric which are very low yogas) is to become aware of our souls. When this happens we begin to identify with two beings. We develop the capability to channel our own souls. Beware though of being fooled. Before the soul can be connected to we must learn to overcome the pull, the glamour of the astral with is not mental but emotional. The soul is often channeled but most often the channeler is tricked by the astral correspondence. Experience cures this.

A bit more about channeling. Most of us channel the thoughts of others who are active in the astral. None of this is of much value. The Astral is a wonderful place but learn to ignore it and aim higher, much higher for true growth. This is why serious teachers practice silence and humility. Only in this way can the astral be bypassed. It is the mental plane which we must connect to if any good work is to be done.

Whatever I post is the result of personal experience.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
I've meet a couple of people in my lifetime who were born exceptionally humble ...
So much so, I wonder how they can extend themself to greater masses w/the greatest of love, patience & compassion ...
I tend to believe, since there appears to be so few of them, that they have evolved over many life times to have achieved selflessness ...
What I've also come to notice is their companion seems to be their protector/advisor from the evil they are blinded to ...
This continues to be a curiosity ...

There are other ways to do the work besides being outgoing in the world. Those who go about their lives quietly often are busy purifying all the negative energy in the earth. This also must be done before the planet can come into the Kingdom of God as the Christians call it. We all serve in our ways.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:22 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Hi Michelle,

I am pretty sure I've read that book. I think I quit when I was almost done. Anyway, he says, as you quoted, "the 'newly dead' are thoroughly themselves when they pass." So I am thinking that shedding the personality that we wear on earth and getting to the core of who we really are is a process. I really don't know if I have that right and welcome any comments on what I've said.

You are correct. When we leave the earth we leave our personalities with it but it is not a sudden process. It's kind of slow. We have to remerge with and re-identify with our soul after death but until this is complete we hang on to our earthly identities.