Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Pathfinder

did shamanism workshop this w-e... wonderful... wanted to share

I feel that this may be a quantum leap in my spiritual journey

Do you have experience of this realm?
How often do you explore it, and what are the benefits you receive from your trips for your everyday life?
... I'm trying to figure out how I can include it in my dayly routine.

Any practice thoughts about it?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alba_noctua

I feel that this may be a quantum leap in my spiritual journey

Do you have experience of this realm?
How often do you explore it, and what are the benefits you receive from your trips for your everyday life?
... I'm trying to figure out how I can include it in my dayly routine.

Any practice thoughts about it?

Thanks

Hedge Striding/Veil walking is part of my path and shamanic practices are at the core and have been for millennia. My "travelling" is via portals which are natural to the environment and the purpose is to seek advice/guidance from the ancestral spirits. As the "journey" gets easier, the "return" gets more difficult - something for you to be aware of. There are certain days, the thin days, when the veil is thinner than normal and one very special day, Samhain, when according to Celtic belief the doorways stand open. On that day, it is essential to have someone to act as an anchor for your spirit to return to.
The main benefit I have noticed is the ability to "see" the world as it actually is and to be one with the Earth at a deeper level.
It is exciting, is it not !
Old 10-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Pathfinder

Yes, exciting indeed! and Thanks for your advice!
I'm also aware that you become more and more open to signs and feeling/thoughts (sometimes from other peaple)... at least this is my experience...
If you can relate, Norseman, do you have tips to 'protect' you when you don't want to be disrupted by thoughts and I don't want to 'connect'?
For the moment, I'm calling a totem animal by my side, but I have to 'reactivate' it constantly.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Master
A major part of my "opening" ritual is Transcendental Meditation to achieve a quiet, focused mind which is the first stage. The other stages are strong will power and a strong intent on the purpose. My path is a combination of shamanism and traditional British "Witchcraft", so my protections come from the Craft side. I think that everyone has there individual way of doing this. I am convinced that the "key" lies on the other side and that co-operation is needed from the Spirit Realm.
Your totem animal is the equivalent of my amulets and sigils I suspect.
Your mention of totem animal suggests that you are following North American native traditions while my path belongs to European Shamanism.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Pathfinder

Yes, the worshop I did was leaded by an indian american 'shawoman'
Old 10-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Pathfinder

... (continued)
I guess I have still to find my way of doing it, probably with meditation (I do kundalini meditation which I find powerfull)...
so thank you very much, you gave me hints to start a ritual of my own..
I appreciate that :)
Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Pathfinder

I whish you all the best in your journey
Old 10-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Master
Meant to tell you that there are other "travellers" in SF. Perhaps others will tell you about their experiences too. My journey has been over 30 years so far, so best of luck with yours. Gaia's Blessings