Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
The Raven

I have just mentioned this in another thread. I used self hypnosis in pregnancy and labour and it was fantastic! Having already have been through labour and knowing how it feels I did not understand how it was going to help me while I was practising in pregnancy but it made me relax well and sleep soundly so I carried on.

I worked so well in labour I have decided to study to become a practitioner :)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I recently went to an information session on hypnosis and they confirmed my thoughts that it's really just guided meditation. I've meditated for so many years so I don't think I need to pay someone to guide me when I can do it myself. If I want to go really deep I implant a suggestion just before I go to bed and sleep on it. If I don't get a rush of intuition about it first thing on waking, I do it again the next night, and the next... It usually takes three nights in a row unless my mind is really fixed on studying the topic just before sleep, in which case I dream the answer or get it first thing the next morning on the first try. Works every time.

I am curious about my past lives and life between lives to get a stronger idea of my life purposes. I've had many psychics read for me and there are always discrepancies. I'd rather figure out how to access my personal history myself. Any tips on this? I know this is a more specialized type of hypnosis training.
That must have been an information session given by a guided meditation teacher who want to rope in people who thought of working with hypnosis.

Hypnosis is not just guided meditation.
Guided meditation is different to meditation.

Guided mean that there is 2nd person involved in the process and systems theory would tell you that this makes a substantial difference.