Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 19-07-2015, 11:59 PM
payomayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
You could join the Gorsedd of Bards. I think it's free. Either that or you're invited to join. You'd be in good company; the Queen, Rowan Williams and the late, great Ray Gravell - Druids!

Only the Druid rank has to be invited in. Well, not so much invited in as nominated. However, the only way to join (that I know of) is to actually be in Wales and take an exam in Welsh. I can't seem to find any different information online.

OP, perhaps you could check out DruidNetwork. They have a lot of resources. They also have a list of organizations, courses, etc. I believe they have their own free course as well.

You might also try looking for the Grove of Dana from DruidCircle. It's a free Druid "college" with all three levels of study (Bardic, Ovate, and Druid). It's completely online.

Black Mountain Druid Order also offers a free online Dedicant Path course.
Old 20-07-2015, 05:07 AM
Experiencer
That's the answer then Payomayo; if you want to be a real Druid, learn their lovely, ancient, magical language first.
Old 20-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes, learning Welsh could make you feel closer to the original Druids, but saying you need to learn Welsh to be a real Druid is like saying one needs to learn Hebrew to be a real Christian. Just because the faith has roots in one language doesn't mean people who speak different languages are any less real than those who were fortunate enough to know the original one.

If you've forgotten, we're all a pretty far cry from the original Druids. What we know about them is gained through old texts, testimonials of ancient peoples, archaeology, folklore and songs, and so on. Nobody alive today knows what they were like first-hand. If you consider someone who doesn't know Welsh as a fake Druid, then none of us are real Druids.
Old 21-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Knower

And why Welsh? Don't forget the Irish Draoithe!
Old 21-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Experiencer
Or the Welsh Druids!
Old 22-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Pathfinder
new to druidry

Hi all druids
I started my reading on druidry with 'Encyclopaedia of celtic wisdom' A celtic shaman sourcebook by Caitlin & john matthews.
How do members on this forum rate this book?
Old 23-07-2015, 02:55 AM
CelestialOz

Re new to druidry

Hiya, I came from a Celtic Druid background, it was passed down to me from my grandfather, who sadly passed, there are a lot of books out there, but have mixed information, Moderately of Druidry is sacred and most learning are keep quiet. So a lot information is hard to come by, you could look for a local Grove that might suit your needs, O.B.O.D isn't the only way to access information, I agree learning should be open to everyone wishing to follow the path, Most of my Learning's have came from my own solidary path and information passed from my grandfather to me as a child.

The internet has information, most library's have little or no information, I think best option for you is to see if their are any local groves, and understand the basics and then the rest will flow.

Best of wishes, Many Blessings
Old 24-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have found a local grove that meets once or twice a month and I am going to check it out. :)