Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
vivid dreamer

Developing psychic/medium abilities?

I understand that a lot of people are either born with psychic/medium abilities or that it is just something that suddenly comes to them naturally during early age, or any age I guess. I also have heard that everyone has the potential to have those abilities but it is something that have to develop and work on for themselves.

I would like to try and develop my abilities but I don't have much natural ability, at least that I am aware of. I have vivid dreams, deja vu once in a while, have been able to sense spirit somewhat, and I guess that is the extent of it. I signed up for a spiritual mediumship/psychic development support circle that I am going to attend tonight. I am guessing THIS would be a good starting point to learn how to develop abilities because otherwise I am a little clueless. What course of action would you suggest for trying to develop and enhance these abilities?

Also, another thing I wanted to ask is have any of you been in my situation where you didn't have much natural abilities but then were able to develop them? If so would you please share your experience with me? Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Hey Vivid dreamer.

I was born with my abilities so i know no other way.but you are doing the right thing by going to a development circle as they will be able to teach you,how to connect and how to open up and close down,

Namaste
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Henri77

I can relate.

While I was pretty sensitive, empathic, not till joining a spiritualist church
(at 35) did I consciously open up psychically or learn mediumship, through a weekly development circle.

A friend evidently sensed my potential and brought me there. I was quite interested in eastern spirituality but not especially psychic or mediumistic stuff... though I'd had prior experiences with my wife who spontaniously channeled at times.
Also I seemed to have an intuitive healing ability, that was greatly enhanced through church healing services.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Glen

Vivid Dreamer -

you are doing the right thing. A spiritualist church is a good safe place to start. They are non judgmental, nurturing and usually no nonsense. Everyone has some ability and without exploring, how will you know what your particular gift is. Many people have said to me that they had no ability but I assure you that everyone does. Most people ignore or shut it off because it requires being "not normal". I am very confident that you will find that it will be your new normal. Have fun, relax. Most of all be yourself. It all comes in good time. (never fast enough, as we can all attest to)

love and light

Glen
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Henri77

Trust yourself... you'll be led to resources useful to you,
patience is key, as is love
Old 04-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Trust yourself... you'll be led to resources useful to you,
patience is key, as is love

Those 2 are the key for sure - Everyone starting out is worried that they will make mistakes. Trust what you get, and be patient with yourself. My teacher costantaly told me to "get out of my head" and get into my heart.

Glen
Old 04-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Those 2 are the key for sure - Everyone starting out is worried that they will make mistakes. Trust what you get, and be patient with yourself. My teacher costantaly told me to "get out of my head" and get into my heart.

Glen

Yeah , I remember well, the first few times in front of the "congregation" doing readings. When I graduated to that level, beyond class circles.

For someone long terrified of public speaking, it was a baptism of fire to trust in spirit. The confidence to stand in front of 30-40 members took some time to achieve but was a huge gift.

One things for certain, if one is "serving" another through a reading or healing, it's enhanced when one finally forgets ones self, and wholly trusts the source.

"My teacher costantaly told me to "get out of my head" and get into my heart."
(lovely way of expressing it) I'd never heard this specifically, but only recently understood how important it is for meditation, healing especially, and any sort of spirit-soul communication

My minister referred to any form of spiritual development, that love was the key.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Henri77

Oh yeah,
If you don't journal, it can be a great way to allow communication to flow, from subconscious , your heart, or whatever guidance is around one.

I did this for years before studying spiritually and found it helpful to clear out the mental cobwebs.

Meditation is also very useful, to still the mind.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 AM
LadyImpreza1111

You know, I actually learned yesterday that spirits have been around me over a decade before I even fully became aware of my abilities-not just as a medium, but my other ones. I didn't expect to develop mine. They gradually got stronger with time.

I guess if I can give you one piece of advice, it would be to trust your instincts at all times. That was what I had to learn to do before my abilities got stronger. I think if you do that and you have the honest desire to develop those kind of abilities and cultivate them, you really can't go wrong.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I guess if I can give you one piece of advice, it would be to trust your instincts at all times. That was what I had to learn to do before my abilities got stronger. I think if you do that and you have the honest desire to develop those kind of abilities and cultivate them, you really can't go wrong.

There's an Empath site-forum I posted at a while back,
And it seems many there, who do any sort of healing or inspired messages were self "taught" , by simply paying attention to feelings and yes, trusting intuition.
a small but supportive community http://community.empathzone.com/