Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Knower

Dream of floating down a staircase leading to a scary opening

I had this dream two nights ago and it was so vivid and frightening enough that it woke me up.

I was in what seemed an old house, white wood plank walls and with stairs, and I was at the top of these stairs that led down. I started down the stairs but I was immediately floating about a foot above them, and floated down fairly fast. I remember a turn in the stair case about halfway down, as I was floating down I could feel my body being guided down and turning by unseen forces as I was floated-gliding down. As I continued down the stairs I was facing the end of the stairs and there in front of me was a square opening in the wall about 3 feet by 3 feet. And it was a very dark, frightening looking, like a black fireplace with trash and junk, a very dark hole that I didn't want to be heading into! It startled me awake, I guess it was a nightmare, I have had these kinds of dreams before where they end suddenly because of something scary suddenly, this was like that.

I did a sketch to try and illustrate it. I have no idea what it all means if anything. I have had floating dreams, and flying dreams before, but never anything with stairs involved. I am open to any thoughts what it seems to suggest to anyone, thanks.

Tried to embed this on the page but it refuses to show up: Sketch of dream.
Old 25-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Master

i had an almost identical dream to this once no differences worth mentioning
i felt that the place at the end, is this life here on earth
Old 25-11-2019, 03:21 AM
Yaoughta

This could be a simple anxiety dream or it might involve something a little heavier, like depression. As the dreamer, you should always follow your own feelings to the meaning. Since the dream was frightening for you, it tends to indicate something unpleasant. This could be your beliefs about something or something you're currently facing. However, it could also represent the unknown and the fear of exploring and knowing yourself on all levels even if that includes facing all of your demons. An old house can indicate an old way of living, like returning to your past or exploring that more in depth. Floating is generally an indication of effortlessness. You're able to move with little effort. It also indicates subconscious exploration and possibly out of body experiences/explorations.

Last edited by Yaoughta : 25-11-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Old 26-11-2019, 02:07 AM
Knower

Thank you davidmartin and Yaoughta.
I had the same thought that this was a place in this life in some way. The old house seemed like where I grew up although there were no stairs there.
I am still puzzled over it. Your thoughts on it were very helpful Yaoughta. Just lately I seem to be remembering my dreams more than usual.
Old 26-11-2019, 02:29 AM
Suspended

Morning

thanks much
Old 26-11-2019, 02:35 AM
Suspended

Morning

thanks too much
Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Seeker

The lower basement represents your subconscious. There are certain things there that should be left alone. They are like old "junk" that is ready for the furnace. Possibly things that you have overcome, or have almost overcome. But you have the ability to easily float down there. I think your dream is telling you that they are not worthy of your fascination.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Knower

Thank you ReQuestor
That is very helpful I like your view that it represents the subconscious. The old junk ready for the furnace could be my works. I have (and continue to) burned-destroyed a lot (all) of my art and personal writings all through life. Maybe this is alluding to that. Not worthy of my attention, maybe it is good they were destroyed as that was not my true path. Not sure. The fact that I was floated down there almost seems like I am supposed to wonder about the junk that was burned up, as in "why was it important to destroy it?". The opening did seem very much like a fireplace, but one that opens into some boundless space of darkness and ashes.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:35 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparkes
Thank you ReQuestor
That is very helpful I like your view that it represents the subconscious. The old junk ready for the furnace could be my works. I have (and continue to) burned-destroyed a lot (all) of my art and personal writings all through life. Maybe this is alluding to that. Not worthy of my attention, maybe it is good they were destroyed as that was not my true path. Not sure. The fact that I was floated down there almost seems like I am supposed to wonder about the junk that was burned up, as in "why was it important to destroy it?". The opening did seem very much like a fireplace, but one that opens into some boundless space of darkness and ashes.

I don't know that just my impression. Sometimes it's easier for me to interpret other people's dreams than my own. But I have no idea if it's correct.