Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Seeker

Question What is this mental condition called?

I was hearing an audio book and it went like “are you a habitual waiter. Do you like waiting in lines...” and mind threw a thought at me like i was waiting in a ATM line to take out cash and a guy breaks the line and steps in front of me. I confront him and he acts rough and punches me in the face. I was totally caught up in the thought. Completely drawn. My palms started sweating, heart started racing. I got up from bed and started pacing my room rubbing fingers of my hands against each other. I lost track of the audio book and realised only after 3-4 minutes. This happens to me a lot. I hear or see something and my mind puts me in an imaginative negative situation. What is this condition called? I have this since last 4 years. Is this called Anxiety? Is there a pill for it?
Btw i have been practicing presence since august last year but this keeps happening to me. Pls help.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
I was hearing an audio book and it went like “are you a habitual waiter. Do you like waiting in lines...” and mind threw a thought at me like i was waiting in a ATM line to take out cash and a guy breaks the line and steps in front of me. I confront him and he acts rough and punches me in the face. I was totally caught up in the thought. Completely drawn. My palms started sweating, heart started racing. I got up from bed and started pacing my room rubbing fingers of my hands against each other. I lost track of the audio book and realised only after 3-4 minutes. This happens to me a lot. I hear or see something and my mind puts me in an imaginative negative situation. What is this condition called? I have this since last 4 years. Is this called Anxiety? Is there a pill for it?
Btw i have been practicing presence since august last year but this keeps happening to me. Pls help.

Brother i think you need to trust the biggest pharmacy in the world, i.e your brain. It is capable of manifesting anything you want. Dont try to supress your thoughts BUT observe as they enter your mind. We all humans do have this capability of losing out on our thoughts and think the way you think. Its completely normal and if it is not, dont even think of it as a disease of some sort. Just think. If you can go in negative states, you can go in positive states also.

Meditate, think you are healthy, act as if you are healthy and surrender the rest to this Universe.

Peace.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Seeker

I see. So you say most ppl go thru such emotions everyday. Do you know what is it called? I mean medical term. Is it anxiety? Or paranoia? I have it for the last four years. I didn’t have it before or I didn’t notice it.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Master
I had a quick look to your threads.
Propably you have traumas,and your subconsious mind had created a pattern.And that pattern is your self victimized.

On the other hand,it could be something like a parasite,triggering these memories of yours,in order to feed.
In this case,you experience traumatic memories almost instantly and out of nowhere,like someone else is doing it.
Usually some seconds before the trigering,you feel terror,anxiety,pains in the chest,and the feeling that something ''evil'' is coming for you.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Seeker

No pains whatsoever. It’s just being drawn into some negative imagination. None of these thoughts are real. They didn’t happen to me.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Master
I don't know.These symptoms are the surface of the iceberg.We have to find the main trigger of all this.
Do you have a drug history?
Old 11-06-2019, 12:02 PM
Seeker

No. Just prescription sedatives
Old 11-06-2019, 02:14 PM
Master
Nightmares?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Seeker

Yes, sometimes.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Master

I think it was Mark Twain who said

My life has been filled with terrible things, some of which actually happened.

Maybe you are having panic attacks or anxiety attacks. A quick search online defines these as:

A panic attack is the abrupt onset of intense fear or discomfort that reaches a peak within minutes and includes at least four of the following symptoms: Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate. Sweating. Trembling or shaking. Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering. A panic attack may be in response to an event or may come out of the blue.

An anxiety attack usually involves a fear of some specific occurrence or problem that could happen. Symptoms include worry, restlessness, and possibly physical symptoms, such as changes in heart rate. Anxiety is different from a panic attack, but it can occur as part of an anxiety or panic disorder. An anxiety attack is usually less severe than a panic attack.

I suspect that such attacks indicate suppressed fears which may be triggered by any real or imagined event. Sedatives may ease the symptoms and make it easier to function, but if you do have suppressed fears then these need to be released to resolve the problem.

Perhaps a good hypnotherapist could help you get to the root of it all.

Peace.