Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
zen_path

Number checking - 11's, and 1's, and 2's, and 3's....

I used to kind of pooh-pooh the comments from others about seeing repeating numbers everywhere, like the 11's, and other double and triple numbers. But since my 'letting go' ... (tangent - about 4 weeks here, woo hoo, need to give myself CAKE to celebrate)... anyway, since then the number thing has been absolutely ridiculous. I feel like I'm in some comedy where the person walks through life and literally every sign, license plate, etc. that they see is carrying a message. I had three days in a row where I picked up my phone at exactly 11:11.

I wondered... is it really happening? I know that it could very well be an 'attention' thing - since I notice the repeating numbers now, perhaps I'm just imagining it's happening more frequently. What if that's not the case?

So I decided to test it. I'm quite scientifically minded (ex-geek) so I figured... why not record the times and check to see if there really is something statistically relevant going on. If not, then it's my imagination playing tricks on me.

So.. there are 6 minutes every hour with double numbers 1:00, 1:11, 1:22, etc.. then I included 10:10 and 12:12 as repeating numbers. so that's 148 minutes out of 1440 minutes (10.3%) that I could record one of my 'hit' numbers. I'm ignoring triples as they are included in the doubles.

First day - while at work - I wrote down the time on the lockscreen of my iphone every time I picked it up to check the time or to use the phone or other functions after not having not used it for a while.

First day, weekday, 5 'hits' out of 19 times. 26.3%. Hmm. More than double the the expected hit rate, but not enough to really sway my thinking.

Second day, weekend, 12 hits out of 23 times. 52%.

Now the REALLY interesting part was that for the first part of the day I was 6 for 7. 86%. (and the one that was off, was 1 minute off). I started laughing whenever I turned on my iphone.

After that, the next set I was 3 for 11. 27%
Then, I was 3 for 5. 80%.

Then I looked at the times and realized that if I split these into times when my TF was awake and asleep (vastly different time zones), I was 9/12 when he was awake, and 3/11 when he was asleep.

Might only be interesting to me, but I thought I'd share.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Yes i like that cake comment!!!! You people are slowly listening to me;)
Old 04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
I also did this. But I often do double numbers and tf's number 52
Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Guide
Very interesting indeed! I pay a lot of attention to numbers, and I really honestly do feel they pack messages. For me it's often triple numbers, 222, 333 and 444 the most. Not just on clocks though, in very random places. I always try to chalk it up a coincidence, but the messages always seem very clear.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Messages come in ways that we pay attention to. Otherwise, what's the point in trying to communicate with us, only for it to fall on deaf ears. So, I think that's why some people don't have number coincidences like others do. Once you acknowledge the messages and assign meaning to them, however, they can come at you like crazy on a regular basis. And they relate in ways that simply can't be broken down to mere coincidence.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Master
Yes, I've noticed an uptick in this as well. I don't put a lot of stock in it, but (if I notice) I have started waiting for it to pass before I post things, and I STILL have an amazing number of posts that fall on 11:11 or 1:11. Weird.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda27
Very interesting indeed! I pay a lot of attention to numbers, and I really honestly do feel they pack messages. For me it's often triple numbers, 222, 333 and 444 the most. Not just on clocks though, in very random places. I always try to chalk it up a coincidence, but the messages always seem very clear.

Funny you say that.
Since i'm trying to let go i see constantly 222, 234, 333 in this order.
Again, just an hour ago.