Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
zen_path

What did you learn in 2012 from your twin flame relationship?

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread on lessons learned. A few days ago I wrote down a list of the things that I learned in 2012. Even I was surprised at my list!

Even though it's been a challenging process... and I mean really tough and painful at times, I can easily see that it's been the most amazing year for personal growth in my entire life. It's all synched to connecting with my TF a little over a year ago.

I think it's like going through a pregnancy and giving birth - it's a long process and there is lots of waiting, and growth, and expectations, and unknowns. You can't get through it without pain that sometimes seems intolerable. But it's an incredible process that leads to a completely changed life and overwhelming love.

Here's my list, I would love to see your thoughts as well.

By the way, all of these were learned through direct, hands-on, felt at my core experience, not just reading about it. So I truly feel I've had the crash course to end all crash courses. I'm not saying I'm perfect at all of these...I have plenty of learning and practicing to do in 2013.

Zen_Path's Lessons Learned in 2012
* to love unconditionally
* to tap into and radiate that love to others
* to be thankful all the time to God/the Universe for this amazing opportunity I've been given
* to extend forgiveness to all (including myself)
* to let go of the need to control things which I can't control, and the anxiety and stress that comes with that
* to be happy on my own, not requiring anyone else to 'make' me happy
* that seemingly random coincidences are not necessarily random, it's up to you to be awake and aware of what's going on and spot those connections, and up to you to find the purpose within those events
* that the Universe will help you - you need to figure out what you want, make your requests with only the purest of intentions, and truly have faith that everything will work out for the best
* everything and anything is possible with love
* that your little voice of heart and intuition is always present, but so quiet that it takes a still mind to be able to hear it. So calm yourself down and listen - everyday
* that you need to know yourself, be brutally honest with yourself, forgive, love and accept yourself
* that surrender IS an option, when you are surrendering to a divine force greater than your own
* that many of my personal belief systems were flawed, based on other's expectations of what I *should* do, or based on ideas that no longer resonate with me. So I'm building a new set of beliefs.
* the timing of God/the Universe is not dictated by me, so be patient
* that you can recognize when it's your ego (or someone else's ego) talking by words like 'I should', 'how could you?', 'everyone does', 'I'm scared of', "I hate that", "that's right", "that's wrong". The heart speaks in softer words, like "I found", "do you feel?", "I love", "we can", "it depends", "I trust"
* that the ego is a great tool - it can help you set and meet goals, take action. But it's a tool that should be led by the heart.

Have a Happy New Year!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Knower

OK, I'll play.

* It's a futile exercise to subdivide soul connections into twin flames, twin souls, karmic connections etc. Whatever you're on is challenging enough.

* Mental constructs can not capture what the soul connection experience is about, the connection is not about the mind, it is about energy. Thus, all the classifying, explaining and sheer word count on the subject will essentially fail you in the end. The way through this is to surrender to the energetic level.

* The romantic, physical universe level part of the relationship is the tip of the iceberg. The soul connection is often about much more than you and your connection, it has far reaching implications that can affect everyone around you. This is an archetypal relationship and therefore your previous archetypal relationships (Mother, Father, siblings and other major influences) will have great bearing on the soul connection.

* Unfortunately when two people in a connection part ways because one or both parties are not ready for a relationship, it gives way to pain that is also essentially archetypal. The source of this pain isn't the soul connection, although the connection is triggering the pain at its source. The source of the pain is unconscious. In a real soul connection this pain does not go away on its own, because the triggering comes from the connection on an energetic level.

* Before we get to a stage where we can heal this pain, we have to surrender to the soul connection as an energetic level experience, which means abandoning the need to understand it through mental constructs. If talking or thinking about the experience worked, most of us would have resolved this a long time ago. One should have gotten a lot of clues about how to achieve this, the synchronicities and weird events should make it quite clear that part of this is on a fate or destiny level, the same level as the energetic experience. In many ways this is about the mysteries of faith, you have opened up to a level of perception that the mental body doesnt reach up to. Thus the need for surrender.

* Once a person accepts the connection for the energetic, trans-ego experience that it is, one can usually heal the major pain and trauma from it very, very quickly by way of a good healer. I can not stress how dramatic this change is, those of you who like awake at night and feel like your are being pulled out through your chakras on a daily basis, who feel like the bereavement-level grief of it will never end, will be surprised to find out how quickly one can STOP this. No, this doesn't mean you won't be sad or miss your connection, but it does mean the worst it will go away quickly. If I learned ONE thing about ALL of this, it's that you can heal the pain.

* Clearing up buried emotional wounds and trauma, the stuff that is causing such agony through the connection, not only stops the pain, but it opens an entirely new world up. Once you surrender the mental constructs of it and heal, you know the connection is there, in fact you might find yourself hitting your head and going duh, why I didn't see that before.

I hope to learn a lot more in 2013 :)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Master
I was thinking that there is no way for me to type it all out, but you've done a nice job here. I'd add that I also learned that I can't act based on what others may think, but I need to pray and go on what I know and feel is the right path. Because, unfortunately people often see what *they* want to see, not what really *is*... I've even come to use that as a tool to discover the true nature/beliefs of people.

Good post, great list. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
sesheta

Great thread idea Here's mine - and, yes, I'm still on the learning curve - not sure if I will ever truly master these, lolol!

- Learning how to be patient, have faith & trust in the connection.

- Learning that looking in the mirror held up by my TF is not always pretty!

- Learning to let go - let go of past hurts; let go of ego; let go of expectations; let go of the need to control....

- Learning to be open to whatever happens, and trusting that the reasons behind things will all be revealed in time...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Shawnee

Talking

The BEST thing I've learned in 2012 is that I'm not crazy & that you all can relate to this "delicious torment" that my TF & I refer to this situation as...!

It is incredibly helpful & healing to know when I talk about the intoxicating, overwhelming, divine/eternal bond he & I share that you don't think I'm nuts or wonder why I just can't "get over it & forget him" like my friends who haven't experienced it. If they only understood my life is forever changed, whether I wanted it to or not! :p
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Pathfinder

What I have learned? The main thing that I have learned is that labeling and analyzing from a fear based mind thinking is a way for ego to control the situation, and doesn't really help. All solutions brought up by the mind are more or less dualistic based and often misses the multidimensional aspect of the 'phenomena' which is not limited by time and space.
The way intellect works on it is different, this thinking which is more active in me in a more settled consciousness is frictionless and has its source in a multidimensional realm. Consciousness is actually observing an independent thinking from deep within. I would like to know from others if they experience this difference in thinking also at times (or all the time). The understanding experienced by higher thinking are so more profound, that words cannot describe. I have learned there is so much to learn on the twin soul phenomena that my mind can easily conclude that I know nothing at all. The experience I have with my supposed twin soul, twin flame or soul mate or whatever makes me speechless without understanding from a mind perspective. I have no solid ground under my feet anymore to rely on a construct of reality. At the same time, the twin soul experience, as I still call it, gradually expands to all my relationships. My 'basic' core feeling of self has changed or disappeared, old connections with work and relationships that doesn't resonate are gone, changing my physical life as well.
If this is supposed to happen after meeting 'her' as my self and then experiencing the same with others where does it bring me? The physical, external world becomes a full inner experience of self. It has always been of course but I become aware of it.
I couldn't guess this when I met her, fell in love and became romantically involved. And yet, I still cannot attribute this to meeting my ts solely. This would be causal, dualistic thinking. All the changes didn't happen because of meeting my ts. Meeting my ts is part of all the changes that happen within me. Within consciousness itself. As I stated above, the experience of physical world is a manifestion of self.
For those who are focussing on the reunion of their supposed twin, this is an important aspect to understand. The other will not bring changes to your life. Change your consciousness and your life changes; naturally your twin soul comes if this is supposed to happen.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Buttercup

This year, I have learned:

- That 'being together' is really not the 'happy ending'... but where the real work begins. We've started a little venture together and when we work on it, it gets completely inundated with busyness, so we need to apply ourselves to something because that's obviously what this connection is meant to acheive...

- That I still have a lot of healing to do, and so does he... but that's ok, we can do it together

- That if we can get through the past couple of years, we can get through anything

- That the Universe really will provide. There have been scary moments with finances and stuff but instead of freaking out, I have let go and trusted, and I have always come out the other side with breathing room to spare. Without TS, that release and that trust wouldn't have existed.

Here's to a better and brighter 2013 to us all xx
Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 AM
zen_path

All - these are great, thank you! You are all reminding me of the things I forgot to put on my list... such an amazing process. And @Duset Daram, you are right, while meeting my tf was like hitting an accelerator pedal in a race car, the spiritual learning (baby steps) did start years beforehand and set me on the right path.

@Perseid and @Duset Daram - you make me realize this is only the start... at least having learned (finally) how to let go & trust that all will be okay... I feel ready for the next steps.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Raven Poet

Hello, everyone. Thank you zen_path for starting this fun thread.

I've learned:
- (and I'm a little bashful to include this one in a way but what the heck) that although I am "plain" in appearance to most people, to my Twin Flame, I am gorgeous ( )
- the one above translates into self esteem - to cherish (keep working at) myself as my Twin Flame does
- that I must really work at releasing negative thoughts (about my worth) as they are preventing/delaying our reunion (we are not together in physical life...) and
- that I do not know if we will reunite in this incarnation or not ... and I am okay with that - I am enjoying (for the most part) our rel'ship as is in the spiritual/metaphysical realm

Phew! Cheers to 2013!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Raven Poet

One of the Aboriginal Elders in my circle sez: "We know nothing and understand even less." I roll this statement over in my head like a mental caramel. It really describes my comprehension of the whole Twin Soul/Flame thing. But what a way to surrender!