Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Astralent

Bunny What can you get out of talking to dream chararcters?

I was wondering of what type of information you can get out of doing this this, since i haven't really been succcessful in doing so.
What are some questions i can ask ?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Experiencer

What kind of info are you hoping to obtain? I never thought of it but talking to DCs is probably a good way to interact with your subconscious. I find that what dream characters say in lucid dreams is usually pretty cryptic. They always answer me in indirect, confusing ways.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
sahaja

I tried, without much success. We were taught that we are made up of elements, aspects, (like multiple personalities, with the strongest, dominant one in charge), so it seemed to me a great opportunity to gain more knowledge of the subconscious, since you're rather 'in it'. When i tried to question them as to what they were, who they were, they seemed to get very nervous, even frightened and ran away.

Has anyone created a dream person to interact with?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaja
When i tried to question them as to what they were, who they were, they seemed to get very nervous, even frightened and ran away.
Interesting, dream characters are usually scared of me too. DCs of people I know aren't though. When you walk up to a random person on the street and ask them an unusual question, they're usually cynical and scared of you though so its not that strange that DCs respond this way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaja
Has anyone created a dream person to interact with?
I haven't learned how to manifest things directly yet. It happens indirectly though so if I think about something persistently, then when I stop thinking about it and focus on something else, that thing will subtly appear in the dream. One dream I had, I tried to make a spoon appear in my hand but it wouldn't work so I went off and start doing something else. Then I realised I had a spoon in my hand. This tells you a lot about how the brain/reality works. Its like our attention is what prevents changes from happening, once our attention is somewhere else, the change makes its way into your life without you realising it happened. I noticed this principle when i was younger. When I'd wish for something and ask God to help me with it, it wouldn't happen so I'd give up on the idea and forget all about it. At some point down the line, I remember that I had wIshed for a change and realise that things are now the way I wanted them.

Lucid dreams teach you a whole lot about how the mind/brain/reality works.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 PM
sahaja

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnacle:
08-03-2012, 06:42 AM Post #2

Interesting, dream characters are usually scared of me too. DCs of people I know aren't though. When you walk up to a random person on the street and ask them an unusual question, they're usually cynical and scared of you though so its not that strange that DCs respond this way too.

Dream people were only frightened when i was questioning them directly about what they were. "Asking them an unusual question? What would be considered unusual in a dream? And true, I might not walk up to a stranger on the street and ask them, "What are you?" But I've been asked just that, often enough, by people who know me. Here's another version,"You're not like other people." Could just be that dream people don't know the answer either, but i never found questions or statements like that frightening.
"Who are you?" might be a good question to ask in a dream. There's always the possibility it could be another entity.

While lucid and intentionally creating the dream people they appeared to reflect the mood i was in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I noticed in normal dreams that thought preceded action or at that point just as thought arises we create the dream scenario. Lucid dreams are being awake in a dream, being aware that you are dreaming. But it's still a dream. I started toying with the illusion of it.

I would put my hand through walls, and going through people became my typical response to them appearing. The dream would disappear and i would be bodiless in white light. This would also happen if i went through windows, openings, up stairs, or flew.

Now this might be a yogic goal but it doesn't work well with exploring dreams. I eventually learned how to get back into a lucid dream state from it. Lots of lucid dreams tended to be sparse. Sometimes like a vast empty room and i could create an image, a person, a scene. But i think it would be easier and more interesting to do this during a lucid dream with a idea in mind before you get there of what you want to create. Or before even sleeping, which is another way. Or try to create one within a lucid dream state by remembering you created it all anyway, change the dream or add and subtract from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle:
08-04-2012, 07:59 AM Post #4
Its like our attention is what prevents changes from happening, once our attention is somewhere else, the change makes its way into your life without you realising it happened. I noticed this principle when i was younger. When I'd wish for something and ask God to help me with it, it wouldn't happen so I'd give up on the idea and forget all about it. At some point down the line, I remember that I had wIshed for a change and realise that things are now the way I wanted them.

Lucid dreams teach you a whole lot about how the mind/brain/reality works.

I agree with this. There so many ways it applies and for many reasons. That said...... Now where is that pickup truck i've been wishing for?
Old 07-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralent
I was wondering of what type of information you can get out of doing this this, since i haven't really been succcessful in doing so.

The real information comes from within and if you ask the dream characters, and they answer well, that is also you from within. As is from the ancient teachings Man (or Woman) know thyself and as the good bard said "To thine own self be true!"
Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralent

I would think this depends on what kind of answers you are looking for and who the dream characters are ?

just curious, who or what are dream characters ? people who are actually in your dreams or people that you make up ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Astralent

Today during my lucid dream i remebered to ask a DC if i was dreaming and they said no then i said "How come i am lucid dreaming right now ?" and the DC was laughing nervously and walked away . This was weird haha
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Lonelydude

This is very interesting.

I never even thought that DC's would react this way, yet I don't think it is the question itself that is making them nervous. I think what makes them nervous is something else - I think they are nervous because they know you exist yet they don't, or maybe they sense something from you and become afraid? When I get 'round to LD'ing I'll try this out with a few DC's.
Old 30-12-2012, 05:22 AM
InFurs

Whenever I lucid dream I like to do things with DC's. I would usually ask them to do the activities with me, for example I once asked a DC "hey lets go visit a past life of mine, together" or "lets fly up together". They would usually avoid it and be like "err...later".
All my DC's are "avoiders", they avoid questions, they avoid long conversations. It's like they don't like revealing themselves, I don't know. Maybe I'm not experiences in LD'ing yet but I'm taking baby steps.