Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Do some proper research and then come back.
I'm surprised why you still haven't informed scientists about your "proper research".
Old 17-10-2011, 08:24 AM
glenos

Debunk materialisations. Study the Scole experiment/report. That's just for starters. Need any more I'm sure I can find a few examples, others too.
Old 17-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Nightmare

Why do you think I dont believe? I just dont consider I "know everything", and dont trust those who consider they do.
Old 17-10-2011, 08:39 AM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
Why do you think I dont believe? I just dont consider I "know everything", and dont trust those who consider they do.

Do some research like I said, and come back then
Old 17-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Do some research like I said, and come back then
You prove my theory. Thanks.

Your try to deny facts is the undoubted proof of your knowledge.
Your "politeness" is the undoubted proof of your spirituality.

Last edited by Nightmare : 17-10-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 17-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracotta
Probably one of the biggest problems for me when I try to linger in spiritual communities, is what I perceive to be arrogance.

That is my perception, but are they arrogant or is it my perception or lack of understanding. I try to look behind the mask as much as possible. The mask of what I perceive as arrogance may have something entirely different behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracotta
The belief that because one can, say, see auras or recall parts of a past life, they are now an enlightened being when, in fact, it's the macaroni pictures of the metaphysical and I am not putting it on my fridge.

The belief that because someone has taken on a spiritual path or has spiritual abilities, they are more enlightened and developed than their peers and possibly even of a separate crowd.

The belief that the one and only way to reach a form of enlightenment, understanding, and goodness is to be spiritual or embark on a spiritual path.

I've become disillusioned, I guess. I'd wager that any actual enlightened being would have no such air of loftiness about them or distaste for the skeptics and the disbelievers of their path, and so my doubt is always centered around the communities and these behaviors. It leaves me feeling rather alone at the end of a day checking forums.

Belief is a good thing until humans get their hands on it. After that, mixed with everything else that humans have it becomes quite a heady potion. Even the enlightened, it seems have trouble letting go of much of the human in them and here it would include ego if they think they are more enlightened than someone else. If they were enlightened as they would like to portray, perhaps then they would see the validity of of the 'lesser being's' Path. If not, that does the 'lesser beings' a disHonour and reflects the Spirituality of those so-called enlightened ones.

Within all of that though, there are perspectives - yours, theirs...... It's like Spiritual brain-storming. Pick a subject, get a number of people from a wide range of backgrounds and ask them to take a look at something. A says this, B says that and C says something else. Put them all together in a melting pot and see what concoctions you can make from it all. Feeling as though you are alone is a part of this process, because you are able to stand back from the herd and not subscribe to modes of thought you don't agree with. Although it can be a lonely Path there is Honour in walking your own. When you can stand alone on the vast empty plain and put your arms out without touching another Soul to shout "I Am", that's empowering. And in what many would call the illusion of individuality you can really begin to see the interaction between "I Am" and "We Are One". That brings its own understanding and wisdom.