Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Master
I'm not so sure beliefs are much different than limitations. Both maybe help make us feel comfortable, or safe. Some are more ingrained in us than others, unconsciously inherited from our parents or early childhood days. Conditioned in there, and hard to change. Others more like trying on clothes, choosing the ones that look good on us, or feel like the best fit.

Then experience comes a long and smashes everything to pieces, forcing us to reconfigure our reality map on it all. Or maybe our map leads us down the path to certain experiences, like a self fullfilling prophecy. The labyrinth.
Old 15-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
I'm not so sure beliefs are much different than limitations. Both maybe help make us feel comfortable, or safe. Some are more ingrained in us than others, unconsciously inherited from our parents or early childhood days. Conditioned in there, and hard to change. Others more like trying on clothes, choosing the ones that look good on us, or feel like the best fit.

Then experience comes a long and smashes everything to pieces, forcing us to reconfigure our reality map on it all. Or maybe our map leads us down the path to certain experiences, like a self fullfilling prophecy. The labyrinth.

not that it matters, but the Kogi told us to go through our beliefs and emotions to "sit well" / live a more balanced approach.
Old 15-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum

Beliefs can be limiting or liberating. Mostly, the belief that beliefs are beliefs, rather than laws of the universe, can keep us from being captured by them.
Old 15-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Beliefs can be limiting or liberating. Mostly, the belief that beliefs are beliefs, rather than laws of the universe, can keep us from being captured by them.

I don't believe you need beliefs to be liberated. My beliefs adapt through experience, I can have new experiences with unwavering belief, but not concrete beliefs, it is more akin to faith than belief to me, like the U2 lyrics, 'a place that has to be believed, to be seen..'

I like the laws of the universe thing you said, at that point to me it goes beyond belief into the realm of knowledge, wisdom & understanding. Truth is immune to anyone's belief about it, in a sense.

I'm going to use my all time most used quote again from Philip K ****;

'Reality is that which, when you cease to believe it, doesn't go away.'
Old 15-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Mostly, the belief that beliefs are beliefs, rather than laws of the universe, can keep us from being captured by them.

Me likey.

It seems obvious to me. But I guess folks take beliefs as the be all and end all. And maybe that works for them. Two of my very favourite people fall into the second bracket. My parents.

I let them be. And they let me.