Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Master
A lost dog looking for his master.

In many ways people who BELIEVE in God strike me as being similar to a lost dog who is looking for his master.

If a dog loses his master he often dies of sadness. He mourns and goes looking for him.

That is very similar to people who have belief or faith in God. They feel that they have lost their master and that they want Him back.

Is that so wrong? It seems quite cruel to then point at those people and say; "look you are God Himself. Be your own God. Be God!"

They probably don't want to be God. They want their master back. Just like a Dog does not want to be his own master....he just wants his master back.

Maybe the harshness of life forces them to eventually accept that they HAVE to be their own God. But it is a big step. To have no master. To have to do everything yourself.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It seems quite cruel to then point at those people and say; "look you are God Himself. Be your own God. Be God!"
Yes, it is very cruel to say that because if you do you are encouraging them to rebel against God just as Satan did. Anyone who follows this advice will ultimately suffer the same fate Satan will.
You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.
(Isaiah 14:13-15 ESV)

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Master
hmmm interesting. recently had a dream pertaining to the dominance/submission autonomy.

in the dream i was performing the task of collecting pearls at low tide along a calm sea. i found some particularly large pearls. my overseer walked up and put out his hand into which i deposited the pearls. he was very pleased. i was on my knees in the sand at the time and he was standing. to show his approval of my discoveries he hugged my head to his thigh with his hand. in the instant i was exceedingly happy to have pleased him but then conflicted because i felt like a "good dog". i mean, that thought actually crossed my mind in that moment. as happy as i was to have pleased my overseer i didn't like being a "good dog". lol
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
hmmm interesting. recently had a dream pertaining to the dominance/submission autonomy.

in the dream i was performing the task of collecting pearls at low tide along a calm sea. i found some particularly large pearls. my overseer walked up and put out his hand into which i deposited the pearls. he was very pleased. i was on my knees in the sand at the time and he was standing. to show his approval of my discoveries he hugged my head to his thigh with his hand. in the instant i was exceedingly happy to have pleased him but then conflicted because i felt like a "good dog". i mean, that thought actually crossed my mind in that moment. as happy as i was to have pleased my overseer i didn't like being a "good dog". lol

I love your dream ~ it's like the world is your oyster ~ if you can find your own, you oughta tell your 'boss' to find his own bleeping pearls, *

Old 10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Master
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
In many ways people who BELIEVE in God strike me as being similar to a lost dog who is looking for his master.

If a dog loses his master he often dies of sadness. He mourns and goes looking for him.

That is very similar to people who have belief or faith in God. They feel that they have lost their master and that they want Him back.

Is that so wrong? It seems quite cruel to then point at those people and say; "look you are God Himself. Be your own God. Be God!"

They probably don't want to be God. They want their master back. Just like a Dog does not want to be his own master....he just wants his master back.

Maybe the harshness of life forces them to eventually accept that they HAVE to be their own God. But it is a big step. To have no master. To have to do everything yourself.

Your question is kind of missing something, can't quite put my finger on...I sorta get it but it seems incomplete.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I love your dream ~ it's like the world is your oyster ~ if you can find your own, you oughta tell your 'boss' to find his own bleeping pearls, *

LOL! i don't even know Who my boss really is. i mean, what do i know? i just work here.

but seriously, i was literally raised and conditioned to "serve "God". and that's the conflict. it's the base note of of my psyche to desire to serve "God" but my ego is appalled by the very concept of being on my knees and enjoying approval pats on the head.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
LOL! i don't even know Who my boss really is. i mean, what do i know? i just work here.

but seriously, i was literally raised and conditioned to "serve "God". and that's the conflict. it's the base note of of my psyche to desire to serve "God" but my ego is applalled by the very concept of being on my knees and enjoying approval pats on the head.

I know the feeling...I think maybe each of us has someone they wouldn't mind being patted on the head by...? As we grow up, the more autonomous we are, the less and less we need 'approval' pats.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
slave of Allaah

So you prefere the dog that claim it is equal to you, or that which say I am Honza himself !!!!!!!!!?

Should I believe the dog and accept it as Honza or should I respect Honza'a state and label the dog as liar?

Just because I feed you and grow you up doesn't mean that you will ever be I AM. In fact you are just enjoying the impact of my qualities in you.

Even if I had millions of dogs, they will not be I Am. I AM what I AM, not what they are.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Master
didn't quite get honza's question, and even less get yours, slave of Allaah, sorry about that.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
didn't quite get honza's question, and even less get yours, slave of Allaah, sorry about that.

My original view was that God is infinitely bigger than any person (whether they are enlightened or not). He/She is like a father/mother figure to us.

God is infinite and absolute, whereas we are finite and limited. In that sense we RELY on God. Just like a dog relies on its master. Dogs grow to love their master. They are loyal to them. If they are treated with love, they respond.

My original thread was an analogy about how people relate to God. We are dependent upon Him/Her. Just as a dog is dependent upon its master.

It was not a question. It was an observation.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.