Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g

After banging my head against that brick wall for long enough I eventually accepted my failure to fail hehe.

That's one for quotable quotes
Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That's one for quotable quotes

After all this effort in the last 18 months, finally Ive made it into quotable quotes :) hehe
Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 AM
mattie

Productive Change

Often as kids we identify w/ our parents. As this is the vast point of reference for us as children, particularly as pre-school ones, this is natural. It’s just as natural that later as we individuate & begin to become our own person we often find that our real identity differs. This isn’t really destroying anything, but merely redefining how we see our self.

The constant in the Universe is change. This applies to us as well. We constantly change as we grow energetically/spiritually. This is expected & very productive. What is problematic is the stasis of NOT changing!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 AM
not human

Quote:
After all this effort in the last 18 months, finally Ive made it into quotable quotes :) hehe

Congratulations mate

Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:

I think you've been quoted a few times before, but the question is, have you ever quoted anyone there?
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Congratulations mate

I can retire from the forum now hehe
Old 09-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think you've been quoted a few times before, but the question is, have you ever quoted anyone there?

Shamefaced. No I havent. Maybe its not quite time to retire yet.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Shamefaced. No I havent. Maybe its not quite time to retire yet.

Well you have wait for a real DOOZY!

My favorite quote there so far is:

"I never say anything quotable" ~ BeautyDylan
Old 09-10-2011, 07:46 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Often as kids we identify w/ our parents. As this is the vast point of reference for us as children, particularly as pre-school ones, this is natural. It’s just as natural that later as we individuate & begin to become our own person we often find that our real identity differs. This isn’t really destroying anything, but merely redefining how we see our self.

The constant in the Universe is change. This applies to us as well. We constantly change as we grow energetically/spiritually. This is expected & very productive. What is problematic is the stasis of NOT changing!

Yes....mybe my inquiry falls under the heading of 'what if' we didn't have to go the full circle to begin at the same place......understandably that if as parents we nurtered that native state in children rather than tried to make them 'fit' into society........that John Lennon song comes to mind.......
Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Yes....mybe my inquiry falls under the heading of 'what if' we didn't have to go the full circle to begin at the same place......understandably that if as parents we nurtered that native state in children rather than tried to make them 'fit' into society........that John Lennon song comes to mind.......

I think the problem is not in the identity but in the inability to let it come and go.