Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa

Awesome!

And yes to what you wrote.

Your post is deeper than what I was talking about.

If the observer is present then there is choice. Conscious choice.

When it comes to emotion- which is what "feelings" are here to me- even being the observer- emotions can come. They just arise. (you know) No choice. BUT- at that point there is choice as the observer. Choice as to what you're gonna do with the emotions. Choice as to dissolving emotion. Or choice to feel sadness and that was conscious and fine.

I'm not a fan of the word, control. But I am very much into the word, "seeing."
And the observer is about "seeing."

It was the word, control that didn't set well.

Control is of the mind. The Observer has nothing to do with control.

And if one is conscious enough to choose how they will feel- that is great.

But most of the time emotions come without choice. And that's fine.
It is observing them and letting them be, feeling them, but being conscious.

"how we choose to feel" I don't like the sound of it. It's like we are God choosing particular emotions and denying other emotions.

But what you experienced is different.

Good point. When we are, how much control do we have over the choice of our feelings? Not much! We have real grief now. But with the Observer- we still have choice. Choice of what to do with these emotions. Do we allow them to be, feel them, give attention to them? Or do we become them and for a week we are a total wreck and miserable? The latter is alright- but it isn't conscious.

Thanks for sharing Squatch, good post!

Gosh, I read this exchange and I can't help but think "Wow, all this is in the mind of some people during the actual event of feeling something!" lol
They must be boring in bed..................lol............sorry!

To me it's like smelling a rose and at the same time thinking about in your mind how the brain and the nose work to create smell...........lol
It just seems 'better' to me to empty the mind and enjoy the smell............
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Master
Hey you want to feel something? Check this out!

http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/
Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Seriously man, lighten up! Obviously the ok to lie thing was me being funny. I did put "lol" after it.
As far as the lesson in how to be made a fool.............cmon.......who do you think you are talking to, a 5 year old...........seriously. Pffft
Seriously, man.. pedal your self-righteousness elsewhere..

Be well..
Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Gosh, I read this exchange and I can't help but think "Wow, all this is in the mind of some people during the actual event of feeling something!" lol
They must be boring in bed..................lol............sorry!

This is coming from a man whose been married for 30 years?

To me it's like smelling a rose and at the same time thinking about in your mind

It may sound like that to you, but it's not like that at all.

how the brain and the nose work to create smell...........lol

It just seems 'better' to me to empty the mind and enjoy the smell............

The Observer Is the empty mind. Look and see.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Seriously, man.. pedal your self-righteousness elsewhere..

Be well..

In the words of my 14 year old niece…………”Whaat…Everrrrrrrrr”
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
The Observer Is the empty mind. Look and see.

I say even if this is true...........So what.................does the rose smell better with that thought?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Lisa

Quote:
I say even if this is true...........So what.................does the rose smell better with that thought?

With no thought. Yes.

Keener senses for sure.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
With no thought. Yes.

Keener senses for sure.

Yes.......but not if there is a thought of no thought.
I have found that awakening or whatever you want to call it that happened to me not long ago, has emptied my mind. It has left me clueless so to speak. Not what I expected.....lol....... but that rose smells pretty good.
I guess I am reading some of this from this perspective and seeing way too much thinking about feeling...............but I understand.
Old 16-10-2011, 05:34 AM
chattisgarh_india

The mind is like milk, if u keep the mind in the world, which is like water, then the milk & water get mixed. thats why people keep milk in a quiet place & let it set in to curd, then churn butter from it. Likewise through spiritual practised in solitude & discussions , churn the butter of knowledge & devotion from milk of mind. Then butter can easily be kept in water of the the word. It will not get mixed with the word. The mind will float detached on the water of the word.
Old 16-10-2011, 06:20 AM
chattisgarh_india

Narada once asked god to explain maya then god said, "Very well, but first go & bring me a little water to drink". Narda went to a near by village to get the water & there met a young woman to whom he was at once attracted. The two soon married, had several children & very happy. Then came a terrible flood. All houses were being washed away. Narada was struggling in the water holding on to his wife & children, but they slipped from his arms. He himself was trying to stay afloat when he suddenly heard gods voice " O Narada where is my water" Twelve year had passed in just ten minutes. now he knew what maya is.Because of her incomprehensible nature, maya is called Skilled-in-making-the-impossible-possible.