Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-09-2018, 12:50 AM
Knower

Choosing love, despite pain

Recently, though a channeled spirit guide session,which I have through personal experience come to believe in, I confirmed what I had always known: The pain of my depression would last my whole life, to an extent. Key words being "to an extent" of course, but still. There would always be that feeling of incompleteness...of being broken. Of something being just...wrong.

For the rest of my life.

This was....difficult to hear, naturally. Without going into detail, let's just say it led me to some very dark places.

However, on the positive side, this takes away the ambiguity of my healing. I'd always be like this, to an extent. Alright. What should I do now?

What I'm trying to decide to do now is choose love, despite all the pain. Choose to help others, even if I can't ultimately be helped myself completely until I return to the spirit world. Spread as much love as possible, knowing that that's who I really am...not my pain. Not entirely.

Does anybody have any advice for a situation like this? I'm still trying to process it myself...
Old 15-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Rayden_GreywolfDoes anybody have any advice for a situation like this? I'm still trying to process it myself...
Gosh Rayden Greywolf, there is much in there that sounds like my life and struggles. My one bit of advice is more a story, and what helped me: After many dark years, I found myself in a spiritual community in my late 20s. I connected with several profound truths regarding the soul, spirit, and purpose for incarnating. This knowledge changed my life: knowing that we incarnate many times, and have many different lives and life experiences. I no longer feel the need and the stress to be perfect in this life. If I stumble, I no longer see it as weakness. I see it as just one more experience in a myriad of lifetimes.

Do what you will, do what you must, do what you love most in life. Let that be your guide in whatever you choose. Whatever you might think is lost in this lifetime, can be recovered in the next.
Old 15-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Recently, though a channeled spirit guide session,which I have through personal experience come to believe in, I confirmed what I had always known: The pain of my depression would last my whole life, to an extent. Key words being "to an extent" of course, but still. There would always be that feeling of incompleteness...of being broken. Of something being just...wrong.

For the rest of my life.

This was....difficult to hear, naturally. Without going into detail, let's just say it led me to some very dark places.

However, on the positive side, this takes away the ambiguity of my healing. I'd always be like this, to an extent. Alright. What should I do now?

What I'm trying to decide to do now is choose love, despite all the pain. Choose to help others, even if I can't ultimately be helped myself completely until I return to the spirit world. Spread as much love as possible, knowing that that's who I really am...not my pain. Not entirely.

Does anybody have any advice for a situation like this? I'm still trying to process it myself...

Hello there.

Sometimes readings occur to open up how we feel with the source of information offered and it opens up choices. There is always more. You went into a dark place. This was the next step into "more". People forget that some aspect of readings, are not solid set in stone reads. That there are choices in what is offered, choices and ways that lead to new makers of your life, which lead to more and more.

Being told you will carry your pain to and extent, does suggest you may never release it as an integrated healed release. By this I mean as I have done, walk through the whole lot to free my mind/body more complete. This takes real dedication and work. It has taken up so much of my life to be here where I am.

You on the other hand, may and can overcome it through changing the patterns of behaviour and your use of positive emotional focus. We each find different ways to manage and support our pain bodies. My path has taken me into a depth of healing and release over a period of 30 years. When I look at the work I have dedicated to free myself more complete, it has been long and difficult at times. I pushed myself through the mud till everything was released and done, emotionally, energetically, physically. You could say I faced it all head on to end it complete. Reaching the awareness after this fact, I then realized I am not my suffering and pain. The way I choose to do this, supports me in what I do in my world now. So I see that this is my gift through the mud as deep as I sourced myself as I described. I feel and live complete. I do not feel there is anything missing in me. I feel whole. I see my reality reflecting this. But I have done the work. Each of us are so unique and in that uniqueness no two people will walk exactly the same through life. We each find the way that suits us to manage and live as we best we can.

The truth is your not your depression and your not your pain which you mentioned. That is the conditioned self that has created itself through the nature of the world around you.

So as far as healing goes, this allows you an opportunity as you suggested to become something that is more your true essence/true self. To always know and remind yourself through the power of your own mind, that you are much, much more.

Once you set yourself free in this view of your self, this allows you to build a dynamic of self that is balanced by your love and goodness. In many ways you are challenging your depression by not giving it power over you and more allowing the power of love and joy to sustain your world. Over time this balance will serve you to know your always more than your pain or depression and the potential in challenging yourself and it, can be the difference between a life of isolation and a life integrated into the world where you take care of yourself more holistically. Tending to your needs through self love and care as best as you can.

In many ways I see your potential in this way the same as myself. With focus and dedication to change your mind about yourself, to change the way you manage yourself, to source and be the true self that is unconditional and loving towards itself, and life as one, you invite into your depression loving kindness and more joy. It may never leave you entirely, but it can and will lay low. I am always reminded of my depth of pain and fear through witnessing others as they are now, but I make choices now because I can, to not entertain it, but more witness it knowing it isn't them, that they are much more than that. Just as you are.
Old 15-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Master

There are millions in the same situation as you are. Yours stems from depression. There are those who suffer a disease that there is no cure for and they must endure for the rest of their lives. Some are in chronic physical pain and there is no cure for or an operation that will make them well.

For me knowing other people are enduring their situation just as I am enduring mine made me feel less alone.

And I accept my situation for what it is. I don't feel sorry for myself. I move one foot in front of the other.

I also agree with Baile. I have learned to love myself with all my faults, weaknesses and blemishes. Just as I am. I know all of this is temporal; my lessons that I came here to learn. Someday when I get to go home I will be whole again.

As our soul ages and we aren't coming here to just have fun, we place heavy burdens on ourselves and our lessons are harder. Because we want so much to be close to Source.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:

For the rest of my life.

Sorry for your pain.

Maybe the channeled information you received refers to your probable future considering the path you're on, and the probabilities of your future decisions. You still have your free will, that can change your life's equation, and its result.

You assume that choosing "love" is the best path for you, your life, your condition. As far as I know, each one of us has a lesson to learn in this life, which differs from one individual to another. "Love" may, or may not be your life lesson. Pain in life is caused by deviating from learning whatever we were meant to learn, in order to push us toward achieving our individual goal.

So, don't lose hope that your depression will substantially or completely go away! Also, don't assume that "love" is the, or the only, thing you must & can do!

Use any form of achieving non-chemical altered states of consciousness (I recommend self-hypnosis, as it is faster and can more easily be tailored to your individual needs, than meditation) for introspection, and getting answers to your important questions: what is your life lesson? what are you on this Earth for? what are humans on Earth for?

Good luck! Don't lose hope!
Old 15-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Master

Quote:

For the rest of my life.

it is hard because it is not what you want, not what anyone wants, really.

But a lot of people are forced into that same situation, and people who aren't ever in that situation couldn't care less what they are doing when they place them there.

So you are getting a dose of this for later, when you'll have a chance to have compassion for others who have been put in the same situation through no fault of their own, either. Because simply knowing how the outcome of what you do affects others causes a big change in things.

Don't doubt though, that you can find the silver lining in this if you want. IME there is ALWAYS a silver lining if you are forced into these kinds of situations. And maybe that is another part of the point, that if you search for it and find it others in the same situation will also be able to find it? And thus have something to console themselves with when life gives them the same lemon you've been handed?

what I'm saying is, just that by honestly trying to deal with this situation you find yourself in, you may in fact be helping more than you know. Trying to reach for some feeling that you know means you 'love' is maybe more than is required. Maybe in some ways, even too much.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:

For the rest of my life.

Rayden,
I am sorry about how you are feeling about yourself...

Life breaks all of us one way or another. The lesson is not always about overcoming it but to accept all its imperfections and broken parts as a part of you. Then you build on top of that to make your individual uniqueness.
When we look at the bigger picture from spirituality, what you think of as broken is actually intended path by our higherselves for their journey.

By healing others, you heal yourself.
Because in all reality, we are ONE.
Old 16-09-2018, 06:10 AM
Master

At first glance, the reading may confirm something you have known, but it doesn't mean things cannot change. Depression is something very personal, and I find many spiritual folks suffer silently more because they can see the truth behind the facade of society and either fit in and put on a front or retreat.

Learning to live and cope with depression is possible, and I am always comforted by the knowledge Winston Churchill suffered from depression but he fought it and learned to live with it and not let it control him.

Do not define yourself by what you have heard, and do not get disheartened either. Darkness exists and when we fight it we become stronger, and it can also make us more skeptical too.

There is a fallacy that we must all seek completeness during an incarnation and it's simply not true. You do as much as you can, and there is no tick list as some may lead you to believe. Perhaps this incarnation is about slow healing and is the focus that will prepare you for future incarnations?
Old 16-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Lorelyen

Are you sure it isn't a physiological dis-ease, sometimes to do with a shortage of serotonin (a neural transmitter) or it's reuptake after transmission is too rapid. There's a class of medicines, SSRIs that help in most cases.

The only danger with anti-depressants is they can but rarely have the opposite effect on people who aren't truly depressed but episodically "feel down." I was prescribed one as a soporific thanks to medical politics in the UK, which did more harm than good.

A thought, anyway.
Old 19-09-2018, 12:32 AM
boshy b. good

put up a shield of what you hold true,
time after time, for example, all four
of my grandparents are be upstairs,
or for example, we live in the legit,
and we know what's fact about these,
or for example, you go to church,