Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Guide

What are Your Ideas for Spiritual Change in Society?

I always disliked how most people just talk about theory in spirituality. I want to hear solutions for once, and how many of us can practically make the world, or at least our local communities a better place.

Try to make it :
  • Unique and isn't being done much yet.
  • Context based and realizes the root causes of problems.
  • Strengths, rather than weakness based.
  • Based on Shared Purposes than Conflicts.
  • Something we can do in the short term.

So anyone want to step up and share ideas? If you don't have the skills or resources for it, maybe someone else can take on the task and follow it through. Maybe you want to give attention to a problem no one focuses on, so mention it so others can think of solutions. Working together here can range from helping with others' emotions to finding novel information to use well here.

Feel free to share something even if it sounds stupid to you. Sometimes the stupid ones are the ones that become revolutionary later on.

So what do you say? I'm curious to hear them.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Pathfinder

While the stupid ones sabotage the goals they've set, the intellectual ones are theory without action and the fools action without theory.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Master
Hi,

Society needs to move away from crime and punishment obsessions towards compassionate reasoning.

The rule of law over love will not transition easily. We are conditioned to think order is maintained by strick rules and consequences for being nonconforming. Yet we have systems in place which bring out resentments. Those that do not obey the authorities are punished in small and not so small ways.

What most of us do not really understand are that the laws we have are designed to make the rich richer. There is not enough awareness yet about the consequences of unbalance in commercial ways.

The economic principal of scarcity is taught by our educational systems. That is the core driving force for law making. More compassion for all in society will leads to an abundance mind set and better reasoning in these matters.

What we can do is evolve our understanding on these matters and appreciate that prosperity for all is best.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/

Last edited by John32241 : 06-09-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
I always disliked how most people just talk about theory in spirituality. I want to hear solutions for once, and how many of us can practically make the world, or at least our local communities a better place.

Try to make it :

So anyone want to step up and share ideas? If you don't have the skills or resources for it, maybe someone else can take on the task and follow it through. Maybe you want to give attention to a problem no one focuses on, so mention it so others can think of solutions. Working together here can range from helping with others' emotions to finding novel information to use well here.

Feel free to share something even if it sounds stupid to you. Sometimes the stupid ones are the ones that become revolutionary later on.

How do you know what's better for you? ... for your family? ... for your community? ... for humanity?

Acting with good intentions doesn't guarantee you're doing good, and only results matter.

I dislike activism of any color. It is emotion based (putting aside the opportunists). Activism doesn't make much use of intellect and intuition, but even those can lead you into error.

I believe it is better to create your reality as you think you should, and not force it onto others, even with your best intentions. Share your beliefs, but don't push it!
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:

Try to make it :

1) thinking locally not globally, on the theory that to do anything globally would just be imposing change (perhaps through peer pressure if nothing else) and imposed change just gets the resentment of some of those on whom it is imposed.

2) working on my OWN problems with honesty even when I don't like the view of myself it gives. IOW not ignoring the things others would fault me for in favor of telling others how faulty I think THEY are like some do.

3) to the best of my ability, letting others choose their own lives instead of trying to mix what I think is best into their lives. Even if it comes at discomfort to me.

those things are not much done but resolve most of the above issues nicely.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Master

Yes, action is good, and some people are natural activists and visionaries, working to make changes in the external world.

But perhaps the place to start is within. How can we solve all the issues in society if we have not resolved these issues in ourselves?

There is a lot to be said for finding our own centre of love and peace and acceptance. As we raise our own consciousness, so we help to raise the consciousness of humanity. And it is the raising of the consciousness of humanity which will bring about real and lasting change.

Peace.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:41 AM
Pathfinder

Over the last 20 years i seen a very steep downfall of religious and siritual moral in the world, not only localy but on the planet generally. People does not care for each other as much as before, it is much more hate and discrimination today.

Morally people today say everything should be allowed no matter what it is, and this is not good in my view. So many think me first me first, but they do not see others who struggle more then them self. So i would say egoism is very bad this days.

And often in the spiritual/ religious community there are a lot of low morality too, just look at the churches who allow a lot of what the bible say is not good morallity. And those who clame to be from a religious path who only do wrong doings by starting wars or terror in this world today.

I would say we are in a very bad situation now.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:

Try to make it :

SerendipityLizard – My ideas aren’t so much spiritual changes as they are what I deem urgent, necessary, basic changes for the earth’s survival which includes humans, animals and the entire ecosystem.

First, I think it’s imperative that we as citizens (no matter what part of the world one lives in) to take his/her duty to vote in elections seriously and study candidate’s views on issues and actually get out there on election day and vote. This is imperative because the wrong person in power is a disaster for not only everyone in the country one lives in, but the world as all countries are interwoven and dependent on one another to some degree.

Secondly, world leaders need to realize the last statement I made and learn to disagree without resorting to violence against one another, both within countries and between countries.

Third, humans have to respect the delicacy of the planet’s delicate ecosystem and stop the level of polluting that has and continues to take place in the form of air pollution, water pollution, landfills past capacity because the majority of people in the world haven’t found the need or means to recycle. Why is this important? Because there is only one planet earth and humans are quickly destroying it. The air pollution alone is warming the oceans and melting the glaciers into the oceans, drying out fields and forests at a rate that we can’t keep up with. The planet is pushing back in the form of violent weather with patterns of repeat that has not been the norm in the past. Human habitat destruction isn’t the only thing going on as a result. We are losing vegetation at an alarming rate with deforestation. The rain forest isn’t even safe. The ocean’s coral reefs are bleaching and oil spills are killing off precious ocean animals.

Fourth, humans need to raise their vibration or frequency levels and love their fellow man, animals, vegetation and life in general. Forget karma and future lives to which we may or may not be able to make amends. Do it now!
Old 13-09-2018, 03:19 AM
Ascender
Red face Saving the world?

Quote:

Try to make it :[list][*]Unique and isn't being done much yet.[*]Context based and realizes the root causes of problems.[*]Strengths, rather than weakness based.[*]Based on Shared Purposes than Conflicts.[*]Something we can do in the short term.

I am confused do you believe you are here to save orchange the work? I believe what Abraham Hicks says that we are not here to save other or the world. It does not need fixing. It is working perfectly.
Old 13-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Try to make it :

I fully believe and have observed that love is utterly powerful, and can effect positive changes most people never imagined possible.

One of my brother-in-laws used to be very aggressive. I performed a miracle (I mean what A Course in Miracles means by 'miracle') on him and he changed completely. My mom says she's never seen a person change so much.

I do believe that social, political, and economic reforms often have value, but they don't solve the basic problem of human lack of love and 'attack'. There's only one solution to that problem - love, profound love for other human beings. The kind of love taught in the New Testament by Jesus, Paul, and John.

J. Krishnamurti taught that only love can save the world. He said that people don't really know what love is, and that we should 'put our whole being into finding out what love is'.

That teaching echoes Plato's idea that virtue arises out of the APPREHENSION of virtue. In other words, we need to know what virtue really is. Plato's teacher Socrates similarly believed that 'to know the good is to do the good'. When we really apprehend love and goodness, action and thought become infused with light.

When enough people open their hearts to love and live (mainly interact with others) accordingly, massive societal change will occur.