Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Master
My guess is that consciousness needs to step aside and let God in. Consciousness CAN deceive. Consciousness can get in the way of the spiritual path. If consciousness shifts or breaks up a bit that is when one has an insight into God. Otherwise one becomes fooled by the logic of I AM.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-08-2018, 05:02 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My guess is that consciousness needs to step aside and let God in. Consciousness CAN deceive. Consciousness can get in the way of the spiritual path. If consciousness shifts or breaks up a bit that is when one has an insight into God. Otherwise one becomes fooled by the logic of I AM.

You're basing your position on conjecture rather than knowledge. If you divide an atom into it's elementary particles you will get the number 42 because that's what the bible says. I personally need more.

sf
Old 30-08-2018, 05:29 AM
Experiencer

maybe its best to ask God directly(through prayer). ask God for the knowledge you are seeking
Old 30-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
You're basing your position on conjecture rather than knowledge. If you divide an atom into it's elementary particles you will get the number 42 because that's what the bible says. I personally need more.

sf

A clue about what I am saying is that Humanity is apparently under the effects of the Tree Of Knowledge. It is when our 'knowledge' steps aside that God can enter. I am amazed at how knowledgeable people are. Everyone 'knows' that what they understand is truth. People are determined that they are 'right'.

This certainty or conviction which is based upon consciousness needs to shift over or crumble. Then we are open to God.

Old 30-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:

It could be that your ' Guessing ' is the problem Honza. If ' Consciousness ' steps aside what's left?
Old 30-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It could be that your ' Guessing ' is the problem Honza. If ' Consciousness ' steps aside what's left?

There would be absolutely nothing
Old 30-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
There would be absolutely nothing

That is what puzzles me. It seems to me as though there is something other than consciousness which exists. Call it God, or Love. There is something deeper and more real than consciousness. To me.

Old 30-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
That is what puzzles me. It seems to me as though there is something other than consciousness which exists. Call it God, or Love. There is something deeper and more real than consciousness. To me.

Yesssssssss, beyond consciousness is ' Pure Awareness '
Old 30-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yesssssssss, beyond consciousness is ' Pure Awareness '

Yes possibly. But to me it is obvious that you are not a believer in God in the Abrahamic sense of the word. Hence it puzzles me why you hang around the Christian section trying to disprove what all the Christians believe.

You totally agree with the Hindu definition of reality - so why argue with the Christians?

Old 30-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Experiencer

honza-a thought just struck me and I wanted to share it with you,,,,,,,,,maybe God is teaching you something here. Its obvious that you love Him-