Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Pathfinder

Feeling of time speeding up

Hey Everyone,
Sorry I don't know where I should post this but hoping I could get some clarity on what this feeling is and what it means, and if it is even spiritual.

The other day I had this feeling come over me where I could move normally and walk normally but everything in my mind was speeding up, my thoughts were going a mile a minute and everything around me felt like it was moving sooo fast. This wasn't a feeling of dizzyness it was my mind, it was a feeling like everything was being rushed, its like I can do something but I feel like I'm doing it really really fast. I decided to take a shower thinking it just may go away but it didnt. Then afterwards I layed in bed closed my eyes and tried to keep myself calm (which I was calm the entire time) then I asked God to make the feeling stop. The whole event lasted a good ten to 15 minutes, then afterwards I had one of those headachs where you see white (kind of a like a migrane but not that bad). I've only had this feeling one other time when I was very young (4-8 years old and I was really sick with the flu and laying in bed feeling everything was happening at a fast speed.

Now... I am in great health, I have no mental health issues, I'm generally a very positive, happy person.

Now Ive googled this and found this is associated with "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome' but it only has a few symptoms of that syndrome, and apparently this feeling is normal and happens a lot in childhood but children grow out of it and it usually never comes back. Now this is only the second time its ever happened to me so i have no idea what it could be.

Also before this happened I was watching a Dateline news special about people who had actually died for a few seconds to minutes and believe they experienced the light, heaven and god, but soon afterwards woke up and lived to tell their story. Majority of them were near death experiences, and many told of their travels to heaven and how they saw angels and loved ones but were told it wasn't there time that they had more work to do on earth and thats when they woke up and were pronounced alive. I don't know if me watching this had any impact on the event that happened to me, I mean I was quite moved by the show and in a very spiritual happy content state of mind.

Any ideas on what the heck happened to me would be greatly appreciated! :)

Old 10-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Master
Hi Lightwithin,

I get the feeling you have received some healing, worked with it, healed a wound, cleansed and created a shift!

And what happened was you caught up with full awareness!

The headache would have just been adjustment! Like jet lag,,,

You are concerned because your memory link to this previous is to when you were poorly.

You state you are in great health though :)

Work with your guides, they will alleviate any fears.

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 PM
moke64916

Sounds like a manic episode. Why it happened. I have no clue. In the present moment your thoughts don't speed up, they rarely occur yet you feel energized. You don't sound like your bipolar, because it only happened one other time at a young age. Don't worry about it though. That does no good, and doesnt help you in anyway. Just accept it for what it is. Laugh about it. "wow, that was weird, lol.". Think like that.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Docha

I haven't had time speed up, but it slows down. Usually happens when someone I know is crossing over, but not always.

I also get days now and again where I am awake dreaming. As in fuctioning in the real world just fine but dream segments are playing as well.

I doubt it manic. Lol I don't do drugs, barely even drink and no history of mental illness in the family. I'm just psychic.

I haven't figured out exactly what these things are. As no one talks about it, I have only met one other person that understood what I meant when dezcribing it, he didn't know either.

Perhaps its some rift into the spiritual realm, or just part of mediumship?

You're not alone, nor crazy. Lol journal about it, but try not to over think it, the answers will come when they do. :)