Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 20-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Neville

Was 2010 the year that the Earth struck back?

We have seen Volcanoes, blizzards, earthquakes, droughts, landslides, heatwaves and typhoons that collectively have claimed the lives of at least 250,000 people, which is more people than have been killed by natural disasters in the last 8 years and more than have been killed in total during the last 40 years from terrorist attacks.

It began in January with the devastating earthquake in Haiti that cost no fewer than 220,000 people their lives. In February, the chilean earthquake killed almost 1000 people.

During the summer just one large weather system created a heatwave in Russia while at the same time flooding 62,000 square miles in Pakistan. Almost 17,000 people died as a result. The Russian heatwave reached a sweltering 111 degrees and created a toxic smog that forced many to wear breathing masks. The cause of this extreme weather event was attributed to man made global warming. Initial information suggests that 18 countries broke their previous records for the hottest day this year.

It certainly was a busy year seismically. In addition to the Haiti and Chile earthquakes, earthquakes also occurred in Indonesia China and Turkey. There have been 20 earthquakes in 2010 with a 7.0 magnitude or more.

In September alone more than 6,300 people died in floods. A Super Typhoon battered the Philippines and parts of China with winds of more than 200 miles per hour. in 2009 15,000 deaths occurred as a result of natural disaster, 2010 has seen that figure leap to 260,000 with 21,000 being weather related.

Blizzards at the beginning of the year severly affected the US,Russia and China and from then on the mercury began to rise and rise. Los Angeles experienced it’s hottest ever recorded day on September 27th when it reached 113 degrees while in May in Pakistan the hottest temperature for an inhabited area measured an incredible 129 degrees.

So back to the opening question. Was 2010 the year in which the Earth struck back?
Old 20-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Master
Maybe she was just getting warmed up in December of 04 with the tsunami. Who knows, maybe she's still just getting warmed up. It's a big World. And there are still billions of us to go...

Old 20-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Master
Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and so forth have always been around.

Bigger populations inevitably means more victims. That's what we are looking at here. If we had a small population, how many people would become a victim to one of those disasters? How many would even be aware of it?
Old 20-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Summerland

Neville, you probably already know what I think, but this is just a slap on the wrist compared to what She could do to us. If you watch some of the sci-fi movies, you can see what the Earth could do to us. Methane being released from warming permafrost and from the ocean floor could catch on fire in our atmosphere. Methane leaks coming from the ocean floor coming up in a huge burp is being blamed for rogue killer waves that can cut a cargo ship in half. Huge sinkholes are opening up around the whole planet, swallowing entire blocks or taking out roads. Mysterious "booms" are being heard in various parts of the world; governements are investigating,but can find no reason behind the loud booms that are coming from within the earth. Odd earthquake swarms as in Guy,OK, USA and in the Gulf of Yemen and around dormant volcanos on all continents. 10 erupting volcanos from So. America to Mexico and that is only the ones along the west coast. And then there is crustal rebound from the melting glaciers. I could go on and on, but if people truly are interested, there is plent of info out there; that is if you don't rely on MSM for all of your news, because they don't report on any of this.

Last edited by Summerland : 20-12-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Neville

Hello Summerland,

Some Scientists suggest that it was a Methane eruption that caused the mass extinction event 250 ma.

Here is an interesting article that I wrote on the subject.

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/methane-eruptions/
Old 20-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Summerland,

Some Scientists suggest that it was a Methane eruption that caused the mass extinction event 250 ma.

Here is an interesting article that I wrote on the subject.

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/methane-eruptions/

Very good article, Neville. As the Siberian Tundra continues to thaw, it increases the risk of this gas leaking. And since the Artic was once a flourishing green land, there is methane leaking into the atmosphere there. Our bio-sphere is so much more unstable of late, radiation leaking thru from the solar winds and CME's could indeed ignite the air. What happens when Greenland continues to melt and the Antartic ? With all of the volcanic activity that we are having now, that adds more to the mix. Defintely something that we need to be aware of, although there is no way to stop the process. Afraid that we have gone past the point of no return.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Scibat

My big end of the world worry is Yellowstone erupting. Its a supervolcano and now somewhat overdue for an eruption. I think if Mother Nature decides to really have at us, that will be what goes first. I hope it never happens, but at least I live almost as far away from it as possible and still be in the US.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Defintely something that we need to be aware of, although there is no way to stop the process. Afraid that we have gone past the point of no return.
I think we have reached that point already. It's not that we can't do stuff individually, it's just that the human species in general is opportunistic and hungry. Some countries have a huge appetite for power, and they don't seem to care much about the environment. It will be a very interesting century politically and environmentally.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 22-12-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 20-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
My big end of the world worry is Yellowstone erupting. Its a supervolcano and now somewhat overdue for an eruption. I think if Mother Nature decides to really have at us, that will be what goes first. I hope it never happens, but at least I live almost as far away from it as possible and still be in the US.

The ground is bulging under Palm Springs area in So. California.
Just read about it in the paper last week.
They are known for having earthquakes around the San Andreas Fault.
Don't stop praying just yet, folks.

Old 20-12-2010, 08:05 PM
mac

You always were a joker, Neville....