Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 30-09-2014, 09:32 PM
xSoulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
That's just it, xSoulx, it's quite a dilemma to know where to begin sometimes in solving issues when those measures taken step on the toes of individuality and freedom, resulting in a price paid.

Blackraven
Yes, but what I'm getting at is our consumerist society is ultimately responsible for causing this problem in the first place. On the other hand, refusing to try and prevent crimes and suicides, refusing to help people with their problems is only callous and not necessarily taking advantage of anyone. I can see things like war and murder helping to solve the problem, but these people should not be allowed to be rewarded for their crimes. Instead, we should execute them as well to further solve the problem. It also prevents the risk of having erotic criminals continue to contribute to the problem whilst only appearing to be assisting it. This way we can reduce the population with maximum efficiency without intruding on individual liberties.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Master
there are numerous charts out there showing the growth of human population over time;
here's one: http://skepteco.files.wordpress.com/...inline-400.jpg
half of the humans that have lived on this planet are still living today!

i take issue with most of the responses in this thread. i believe that we're missing the point in large part.
the point is that we're not being true to our own selves, we're following agendas set down for us from "elsewhere".
we are behaving as if we are alien to the planet, not as native souls.
the entire issue would dissolve if love were our motivation.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
H:O:R:A:C:E - It seems there are camps that say population growth is the natural order of things, however, overpopulation is the present state of things and continues to rapidly move into the issue of running out of room. When humans can no longer coexists with nature and run out of resources for all to live on, that's a problem. As far as agenda goes, I would think in most cases it's the human need to produce babies out of a loving relationship regardless to the state of things going on in and around the world. That's nature at the core as even animals have an innate drive to bring offspring into the world. I just think if the inhabitants of the planet saw the ripple effect that overpopulation has on a shrinking finite little blue marble they would take things into their own hands and not wait for a god to intervene.

Blackraven

There's a direct contradiction between free will and the intervention of God, but contradictions are common in scriptures.

The real folly in the population expansion is that ecological destruction makes the earth less able to sustain life, so as the current trends continue, Population sustainability is decreasing while the population expands.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Master
There was just an article posted also in the News about how species, due to to human behavior, are fading to extinction.
That, we'd need several Earths full of species to allow for the hunting and the encroaching civilization on their territory, that is ongoing today.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion

Thanks for that link, knightofalbion!

Blackraven
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoulx
Yes, but what I'm getting at is our consumerist society is ultimately responsible for causing this problem in the first place. On the other hand, refusing to try and prevent crimes and suicides, refusing to help people with their problems is only callous and not necessarily taking advantage of anyone. I can see things like war and murder helping to solve the problem, but these people should not be allowed to be rewarded for their crimes. Instead, we should execute them as well to further solve the problem. It also prevents the risk of having erotic criminals continue to contribute to the problem whilst only appearing to be assisting it. This way we can reduce the population with maximum efficiency without intruding on individual liberties.

xSoulx - I agree that it is a consumerist society that drives the madness. Care, concern, empathy, help - those are all things that are needed to both solve major problems in the world without leading with materialistic drives. I probably should not give my opinion on what to do with criminals, but I do understand the mindset you present. The victim is more likely to pay the price of crimes than criminals and we don't have enough room in prisons to house people to term. Criminals being released back into society, some could say deserve a second chance, but often the criminal is forced back into a life of crime because they can't make an honest go of it in society. People then become paranoid that they will become the next victim. I live not far from a major city that has daily shootings. Neighborhoods live in constant fear. But I digress. I think I started another thread in the Philosophical section a while back that addressed that.

Blackraven
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
there are numerous charts out there showing the growth of human population over time;
here's one: http://skepteco.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/total-world-population-chart-inline-400.jpg
half of the humans that have lived on this planet are still living today!

i take issue with most of the responses in this thread. i believe that we're missing the point in large part.
the point is that we're not being true to our own selves, we're following agendas set down for us from "elsewhere".
we are behaving as if we are alien to the planet, not as native souls.
the entire issue would dissolve if love were our motivation.

H:O:R:A:C:E - Thank you for your population link as well. Love is missing as love doesn't drive wars, cause selfishness, walk over others for personal gain or cause people to only care about themselves. When I started the thread I brought up 'running out of room' as a global issue. Agendas run deep all over the planet from political gains to control of resources. But agendas are at the smaller individual level as well. Humans have to start with each of themselves in solving problems on a larger scale. And I agree, it starts with love. Loving thyself, family, neighbors, community, country, the world. When it all comes down to it, we're all in the same boat and one entity when it comes to this sharing the world. When one doesn't share and care for resources/environment that's what causes the snow-ball effect and before one knows what's happened, wars have broken out.

Blackraven
Old 01-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There's a direct contradiction between free will and the intervention of God, but contradictions are common in scriptures.

The real folly in the population expansion is that ecological destruction makes the earth less able to sustain life, so as the current trends continue, Population sustainability is decreasing while the population expands.

Gem - My mindset does come from a religious upbringing, Catholic actually, before moving outward into the world and learning that there are two camps. The camps I speak of really fall on both ends of the spectrum, leaving Christian faiths on one side and the Christian naysayers on the other. I always get myself in a pickle when I enter the Christian section, so I'll keep this on point. I myself don't believe humans given the advanced intelligence that we have, should sit back, destroy the planet, overpopulate to a level to which sustainability is no longer possible with the mindset that it's what we've been commanded to do and He will come and fix everything. I gave up that helpless thinking a long time ago. I feel man does have the ability to transform the planet himself.

Blackkraven
Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

hello gem. allow me to parse your statements, please.
firstly, as to contradictions, i suggest that "God's Will" is free will; to behave contrary to that will is to be behaving as if a slave.
if and when we "intervene" [on our own behaviors] in accordance with divine will, then we have true freedom.
the problem(s), as i see it, are not with our individual actions, but rather with our collective mentality. the common mindsets assert
thought patterns onto us which are not conducive to the health of ourselves nor our planet. when we can free ourselves from the
slave mentality which we have allowed ourselves to be controlled by, we can bring about positive changes on this world.
who believes that having billions of brethren, building ever larger parking lots, and constant fighting over space and resources is a good thing?
virtually no individual does... it is macro problem involving the collective conscious.

secondly, your "the real folly..." statement seems off-point to me. "folly" is a term used to describe faulty logic (i believe);
but it seems that you're suggesting this is an error of mother nature somehow... i disagree.

i apologize for being a discordant voice is this thread. no offense(s) are intended.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
There was just an article posted also in the News about how species, due to to human behavior, are fading to extinction.
That, we'd need several Earths full of species to allow for the hunting and the encroaching civilization on their territory, that is ongoing today.

Morpheus - So true. I also think of the shrinking polar ice caps due to global warming and the shrinking polar bear populations as a result. Or the climate change that causes hundreds of thousands of wilderness to go up in flames destroying both the homes of people, but millions of animals as well. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Blackraven