Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 29-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
...This is my first sci-fi book. I love the concept and in fact, I read that this book caused a "hippie" type movement.............

Idk about that, I was busy working n frying my own fish to be aware of broad social thingies, lol.

Old 30-04-2011, 01:58 AM
themaster

Quote:
I was joking with ya. No need to play the "ego" card on me.....LOL

Chill out my friend............no enemies here............
Didn't realize you were joking.. but see it now

Now go to your room!
Quote:
How curious that we both find reading to be a great way to e put to sleep and on this thread!
Yah, I'm aware of this.. still I don't read anymore.. I think it is funny that we "read" to go to sleep though.. I think that means with most books there very "borrrrrring"

I bet you can't fall to sleep.. once you get excited by a book.. you tap into that brilliant exciting energy that sometimes is hard to put the book down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
I read that it's good to jumble your thoughts while lying down with your eyes closed, so then you don't focus any one thing. A method of this is to imagine you're drawing the numbers 3 - 10 on a blackboard with some chalk. Take your time writing each number, at least 10 seconds or more. Hopefully, you'll fall asleep before the last number is drawn.
Okay, I'll keep that in mind
Old 30-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Master
I bet you can't fall to sleep.. once you get excited by a book.. you tap into that brilliant exciting energy that sometimes is hard to put the book down..

i hear ya but that wouldn't matter with me. I fall asleep because i don't get enough sleep and the minute i sit down be it to read or watch TV, i go unconscious.
Getting enough sleep is so important.
Old 30-04-2011, 03:41 AM
jjj

Sleep really is so important. I used to suffer horribly with insomnia. Sometimes it revisits. My general rule is that I have got very little sleep for 2 nights, I will take something (like Tylenol PM, nothing major) on the third. I've developed my own system for sleeping but I don't know that it would work for anyone else. I just have to get myself very emotionally involved in an inner story that has NOTHING to do with my life. It has to have a strong emotional pull (I think it may be ... possibly past life related... but not sure) in order to keep my attention... otherwise my mind is right back to this life and struggling to stay connected to it. It's bizarre.
You could always try progressive relaxation or guided imagery or something. I like to imagine and feel myself going down an elevator... floor 10, 9, 8, etc... and with every floor that i go down, I become heavier and more relaxed, sleepier. Once in a while that works.

Another thing that helps some people is to write down the things that are worrying you or occupying your thoughts and then close them in a notebook (maybe even put a rubber band around it) and decide to put them up for the night.

Good luck. I hate insomnia. Pills are not evil (but the heavier duty ones make you groggy and mess up your morning).