Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-07-2019, 12:35 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

It most likely is the Astral Projection or Out of Body Experience happening. This is where the Astral Body leaves the Physical Body. It is said that we are two part one being the physical body and one being the soul body or Astral Body.

This is something many seek to have happen to have that Astral Trave l Experience.

Here is some information.

What are the sensations of astral projection?
Many different sensations can be felt prior to, during or following an Out of Body Experience, however, one of the most common sensations reported by those attempting to astral project are vibrations.

What Causes the Vibrations?

This feeling is like electricity, that tingling, or vibration occurs when the Chakras or energy points reach a synchronized resonation. This can be spontaneous or can be brought on via meditation or even conscious thought practice.

How does this Lead to Astral Projection?

When one enters Astral Travel, the Astral Body is released from the Physical Body. It is like separating wallpaper from the wall. There is a glue that holds the paper to the wall once loosened the paper is set free from the wall.

When the Astral Travel is voluntary your aware of the leaving of the body, your aware of the Astral Rope being there connecting the Physical Body to the Astral Body. When one leaves the body in the sleeping or dream state the experience can be quite different and dramatic. You can feel like your being shaken or even pinned down. This feeling comes form the conflict with the brain not understanding why a part of the body is leaving.

There is a Lucid Dreaming state where you often have that sensation of flying, but if your out of the body you can experience a sudden re entry. This is referred to as a Heavy Torso Exit.

What does the Vibration Feel Like?

The vibrations is different for everyone it can range from a slight tingling, or a heavy vibration that rocks the body. Many say its like an electrical current running through the body, similar to when you get a mild electric shock.
When you have not experienced this vibration, it can be quite unsettling, but if it occurs in meditation then you have the opportunity to control it and move with it. Staying calm and in that state of awareness that it’s a safe experience often on moves freely out and back in.

If this is not a state one wants to experience, then you control that vibration by breaking the meditation state. Often it is the music ext that we choose to meditate with that creates that vibrational state alignment with our Charkas or energy field and we are one with that and drawn outwards.

Lynn

Meditation often aligns the vibrations of the Chakras or Energy Field of our body, this creates that state where we can "step out".

Hello Lynn,

I only got to read a few exchanges from you, and there is always this deep peace and perfect harmony of energies emanating from you.

ThatMan, (please jump in if you read, for this thread is about you) seems to express “symptoms” that are often associated these times to Kundalini arising. You seem to say that those symptoms are tentative jumps in the astral or soul body.

Thus, this means that Kundalini as is it mostly understood would be tentative of jumps in the astral or the soul body or even the mental body?

I’m asking because I find this a very interesting approach, that is very much worth while investigating on this forum, if it has not been done before.

Thank you for your time on this Forum.

Regards,
Old 16-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Lynn,

I only got to read a few exchanges from you, and there is always this deep peace and perfect harmony of energies emanating from you.

ThatMan, (please jump in if you read, for this thread is about you) seems to express “symptoms” that are often associated these times to Kundalini arising. You seem to say that those symptoms are tentative jumps in the astral or soul body.

Thus, this means that Kundalini as is it mostly understood would be tentative of jumps in the astral or the soul body or even the mental body?

I’m asking because I find this a very interesting approach, that is very much worth while investigating on this forum, if it has not been done before.

Thank you for your time on this Forum.

Regards,

I had plenty OBEs and I know how it feels to leave your body, it's a nice sensation, it's like all the weight disappears and you are free like the bird of they sky.I also experienced the coming back, I returned through my mouth, and yes, I also felt the silver cord ( that thing that connects the body and the astral body ) few times.

I am going to try something, I am going to go in deep meditation to see what happens, I am afraid that my heart can't take it.. It beats like this when I have palpitations: "bang, bang, ... bang, bang, bang..... bang.... bang..... bang, bang... bang, bang, bang..

Meditation is just too good, I don't know, it gives me peace and it helps me to reach higher things, it's like I can't live without it, it's like a source of fresh energy...
Old 16-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I had plenty OBEs and I know how it feels to leave your body, it's a nice sensation, it's like all the weight disappears and you are free like the bird of they sky.I also experienced the coming back, I returned through my mouth, and yes, I also felt the silver cord ( that thing that connects the body and the astral body ) few times.

I am going to try something, I am going to go in deep meditation to see what happens, I am afraid that my heart can't take it.. It beats like this when I have palpitations: "bang, bang, ... bang, bang, bang..... bang.... bang..... bang, bang... bang, bang, bang..

Meditation is just too good, I don't know, it gives me peace and it helps me to reach higher things, it's like I can't live without it, it's like a source of fresh energy...

Hello ThatMan,

This experience was described by NoOne on another thread.

I see much similarities with yours.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=454

Take care my friend.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Legrand

Hello ThatMan,

Curious to know how went your meditation.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:48 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Recently I started to experience the spontaneous movements of my body while I am in deep meditation, sometimes my hands and sometimes my feets.

It's like I have spasms, seriously, I don't like it, is this happening to you too?

Fascinating thread, the responses seem to tell you everything you need to know, and point to a much more universal and deeper truth. We tend to view ourselves, the “I” experience, as one thing, but it does not take too close of a look to realize that this is not the case. We are more like a horse and rider, then just a horse. In our everyday waking experience, when the rider pulls on the reins, the horse responds so seamlessly that we are not aware of the separation between the two. During meditation, we drop the reins, and so the horse may start acting on its own, which is bound to be a shock to the rider as it can’t understand what is going on.

As far as heart palpitations go I thought I was having those and ended up getting checked out for A fib, and had a sleep study done, and found out it was not a physical thing. I become aware of a resonant vibration within the body as I am coming out of sleep or sleep like states, and sometimes when I am going into or out of a meditation. I have decided that this is a changing of the vibrational state within my consciousness as it changes from one state of awareness (non-physical) to another (physical), almost a recovering of the body or returning to a physical "realm".... or something like this. I actually look forward to it and take it as a good sign (now that I know I am not going to join Elizabeth .)

As far as dissociative disorder goes, while I know it is very unpleasant for those who experience it and I don’t wish to minimize that, one has to wonder about calling it a “disorder”. It seems to me the rider is becoming aware that they are not truly one with the horse and the horse can do things on its own. I would guess sufferers of this “disorder” are overrepresented in these spirituality type forums because of the tendency to both meditate, and to question their reality. Modern neuropsychology experiments bear this separation between the thinker and the doer out, and can predict decisions prior to the conscious brain knowing what has been decided (up to 7 seconds they claim.) Also, due to the time frames involved, split second decisions don’t really involve the rider at all as the horse reacts through reflex and instinct, yet what is funny is if you ask the rider why it did that, it will make up a story to take credit for the decision and believe its own story.

Another fascinating area of research that sheds light on this truth is experiments that have been conducted with split-brain patients (a procedure where the two hemispheres of the brain are separated to relieve extreme epilepsy.) One rather funny and spooky account is that of a woman whose right and left hands got in an argument about what to do for the day. Lots of stuff out on the internet about split brains worth looking up. Also I would highly recommend the vid series brain games, and “The Brain” with David Eagleman.

Anyway, what it all points to is that this “I” we have become associated with is very much an illusory construct of the mind. The ancient (and not so ancient) Yogis realized this by sitting down, quieting the mind, and looking inward. Modern neuropsychology is now advancing to the point where it can start to describe this in scientific terms as well.

So to sum it up, it would seem to indicate you are becoming an accomplished Yogi. If you start having urges to steal picnic baskets, then you will know for sure.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Fascinating thread, the responses seem to tell you everything you need to know, and point to a much more universal and deeper truth. We tend to view ourselves, the “I” experience, as one thing, but it does not take too close of a look to realize that this is not the case. We are more like a horse and rider, then just a horse. In our everyday waking experience, when the rider pulls on the reins, the horse responds so seamlessly that we are not aware of the separation between the two. During meditation, we drop the reins, and so the horse may start acting on its own, which is bound to be a shock to the rider as it can’t understand what is going on.

As far as heart palpitations go I thought I was having those and ended up getting checked out for A fib, and had a sleep study done, and found out it was not a physical thing. I become aware of a resonant vibration within the body as I am coming out of sleep or sleep like states, and sometimes when I am going into or out of a meditation. I have decided that this is a changing of the vibrational state within my consciousness as it changes from one state of awareness (non-physical) to another (physical), almost a recovering of the body or returning to a physical "realm".... or something like this. I actually look forward to it and take it as a good sign (now that I know I am not going to join Elizabeth .)

As far as dissociative disorder goes, while I know it is very unpleasant for those who experience it and I don’t wish to minimize that, one has to wonder about calling it a “disorder”. It seems to me the rider is becoming aware that they are not truly one with the horse and the horse can do things on its own. I would guess sufferers of this “disorder” are overrepresented in these spirituality type forums because of the tendency to both meditate, and to question their reality. Modern neuropsychology experiments bear this separation between the thinker and the doer out, and can predict decisions prior to the conscious brain knowing what has been decided (up to 7 seconds they claim.) Also, due to the time frames involved, split second decisions don’t really involve the rider at all as the horse reacts through reflex and instinct, yet what is funny is if you ask the rider why it did that, it will make up a story to take credit for the decision and believe its own story.

Another fascinating area of research that sheds light on this truth is experiments that have been conducted with split-brain patients (a procedure where the two hemispheres of the brain are separated to relieve extreme epilepsy.) One rather funny and spooky account is that of a woman whose right and left hands got in an argument about what to do for the day. Lots of stuff out on the internet about split brains worth looking up. Also I would highly recommend the vid series brain games, and “The Brain” with David Eagleman.

Anyway, what it all points to is that this “I” we have become associated with is very much an illusory construct of the mind. The ancient (and not so ancient) Yogis realized this by sitting down, quieting the mind, and looking inward. Modern neuropsychology is now advancing to the point where it can start to describe this in scientific terms as well.

So to sum it up, it would seem to indicate you are becoming an accomplished Yogi. If you start having urges to steal picnic baskets, then you will know for sure.

I tried last night to meditate and it happened again.Now, I found out that I can go in deep meditation in a couple of minutes, you know, I reach that moment when you are just a point of awareness, I reach it very fast, this scared me, I thought that I am going to leave my body so I had to stop.I found more about the spontaneous movements, I see a flash of light and it feels like electricity, like I am electrocuted, then, when this happens, a part of my body moves because of this energy.I was able to observe myself better because I could reach that deep meditation state very fast.It happens the same thing when I receive messages, I see a flash of light, then it feels like electricity, you know, like when you get electrocuted and then I hear a voice talking and finally my awareness comes back.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Master

Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned it, but these spontaneous movement are known as a kriyas and they are caused by Kundalini activation.

There is an increased flow of energy and particularly nerve electricity as a result of Kundalini activation and they can cause spontaneous movements, spasms, even mild seizures. These are usually temporary and subside as the nervous system adjusts to the higher flow rate of bioelectricity and energetic blocks are cleared.

It's best to read up on Kundalini, there are some excellent threads with first-rate and first-hand info right here on this forum.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:24 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I tried last night to meditate and it happened again.Now, I found out that I can go in deep meditation in a couple of minutes, you know, I reach that moment when you are just a point of awareness, I reach it very fast, this scared me, I thought that I am going to leave my body so I had to stop.I found more about the spontaneous movements, I see a flash of light and it feels like electricity, like I am electrocuted, then, when this happens, a part of my body moves because of this energy.I was able to observe myself better because I could reach that deep meditation state very fast.It happens the same thing when I receive messages, I see a flash of light, then it feels like electricity, you know, like when you get electrocuted and then I hear a voice talking and finally my awareness comes back.

Fascinating. It would be interesting to hear what happens if you ever do disassociate with the body. It almost sounds like you have quieted your thoughts to the point where you are becoming aware of the movement of electrical pulses in the brain / nerves, and becoming aware of "messages" coming from your subconscious mind. Normally these things would be going on all the time, but your awareness is preoccupied with other things, (thoughts, sensations, etc) but because you have filtered that noise out it is now noticing them. From the perspective of the thinking mind, these things really do come from somewhere else. I wonder if people in sensory deprivation chambers experience these sorts of things. Anyway, if you did leave the body I would guess the pulses might stop as your awareness would then be preoccupied with an OBE experience and no longer notice them. Just speculating.
Old 19-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Master
I have had my feets and hands twitch and I have had my heart pause a bit. It usually happens for just a second.

But the other day a person at my work’s dog died. I had met the dog at work. The dog was a very happy playful dog, with me. The owner was very strict. The person made me promise not to cry at work, when they told me about what happened to the dog.

But, when I came home to meditate that evening my heart began to thump hard, like a dogs tail thumps, for several seconds. The thumping was the same loudness, same rhythm as a dogs tail. Then it stopped thumping and then it started up again. I saw the dog, that had died, in my third eye. I felt sad. Tears streamed down my face. I felt the dog’s sadness at being with such a strict owner. I felt the happiness the dog felt when people were kind. But then I saw the dog romping in a meadow, happy and free. I remember thinking, you are happy, free and untethered. The dog just ran off. The sadness left. I believe she is in a good place. I was meditating the whole time. I just continued on meditating and I stopped at the end of the guided meditation session. I felt just fine. Even a little lighter.
Old 19-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
I have had my feets and hands twitch and I have had my heart pause a bit. It usually happens for just a second.

But the other day a person at my work’s dog died. I had met the dog at work. The dog was a very happy playful dog, with me. The owner was very strict. The person made me promise not to cry at work, when they told me about what happened to the dog.

But, when I came home to meditate that evening my heart began to thump hard, like a dogs tail thumps, for several seconds. The thumping was the same loudness, same rhythm as a dogs tail. Then it stopped thumping and then it started up again. I saw the dog, that had died, in my third eye. I felt sad. Tears streamed down my face. I felt the dog’s sadness at being with such a strict owner. I felt the happiness the dog felt when people were kind. But then I saw the dog romping in a meadow, happy and free. I remember thinking, you are happy, free and untethered. The dog just ran off. The sadness left. I believe she is in a good place. I was meditating the whole time. I just continued on meditating and I stopped at the end of the guided meditation session. I felt just fine. Even a little lighter.

That's an amazing experience :) I just finished another session of meditation, this one was a lot more peaceful, the movements were pretty peaceful, it happened just three times.Close to the end I just saw some amazing images, I saw a man and a woman, both naked, near a huge tree, the woman had a very long hair, then, it struck me, it was Adam and Eve, this is the thought that appeared when I saw them.Then, I saw a triangle, this triangle had a circle on every corner and in the middle of the triangle there was an eye, then I saw a coin that also had an eye in the middle of it.These two symbols appeared like they were governing the whole world.