Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-03-2018, 08:06 PM
traceyacey12

How can beings of love keep a job?

I've been undergoing ascension and am finding myself unmotivated to get a job. I guess the way to describe it is that I do not feel motivated and aligned with the concept of having a job (selling etc), although I would like to make money because, well, I need it. Can anyone else relate to this? What is this about?
Old 22-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Master

Maybe you have to make some choices. You can choose to not work which may mean getting by on very little money but you then have plenty of time. Or you can find work which takes up your time but at least you then have money. Or you can compromise and work part-time to get enough money to live on.

But work can also be a part of the spiritual journey. There are lessons to be learned from working and having to daily deal with people who may have no spiritual interests. One of the eight limbs of Buddhism is right livelihood, which simply means supporting ourselves with some kind of honest occupation. There is also the idea of karma yoga, or yoga through action. We do what we have to do because it is there to be done. This applies to earning a living. Perhaps your challenge is to work out what really excites you and finding a way to earn a living from doing something you love.

And maybe you also have to look deep within and ask yourself if you are just being lazy, and using spirituality as an excuse for not bothering to work. We all have to take responsibility for our life choices.

In the end we are living in physical bodies in a material world, and we play the game of earning a living to take care of our material needs. But it is all just a game - we have to play it (at least until the universe gives us the resources to retire) so why not have fun with it?

Peace.
Old 22-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
I've been undergoing ascension and am finding myself unmotivated to get a job. I guess the way to describe it is that I do not feel motivated and aligned with the concept of having a job (selling etc), although I would like to make money because, well, I need it. Can anyone else relate to this? What is this about?

If 12 is your age ... :) then it's okay; you'll probably grow up.

If you're an adult, then you're lazy. It can be cured with ... effort.

Your "ascension" should provide you answers and wisdom, or you don't actually "ascend".
Old 23-03-2018, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:

In time things shift and change. Your deeper realizations do open you back into life itself. The learning space of going into your own world within clears out the old patterns and conditioning, so feelings and behaviours and motivations all change in this process, its all important to opening to let go of the old. Right now you may not need to work but focus on yourself.

The new space of being in the world and not of it, is more you do what you need to do but your more conscious of yourself in the world and around others. Your aware of yourself and the work you do has more meaning and connection to you as you are and have grown to become. You still have to survive as the world is around you, so you make the most of it as things are and as you are then..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 23-03-2018, 05:02 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
In time things shift and change. Your deeper realizations do open you back into life itself. The learning space of going into your own world within clears out the old patterns and conditioning, so feelings and behaviours and motivations all change in this process, its all important to opening to let go of the old. Right now you may not need to work but focus on yourself.

The new space of being in the world and not of it, is more you do what you need to do but your more conscious of yourself in the world and around others. Your aware of yourself and the work you do has more meaning and connection to you as you are and have grown to become. You still have to survive as the world is around you, so you make the most of it as things are and as you are then..

thanks. this is helpful
Old 23-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Lorelyen

Easy. You love the milieu that nurtured you into a position where you could "drop out" and that love extends to duty toward it. You don't need vast wealth to survive and if there IS anything behind this new set of beliefs, some kind of convent / monastery - kind of commune should be possible.

There's a member of this forum more or less in exactly this position. Not me I might add. I gave up on the word 'love'. It can signify too many things not all of them good.
Old 23-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I often wonder how Spirit perceives the Universe, and yeah I know there are so many things that are projected onto Spirit and how reality is in the higher dimensions. Isn't ascension a step or two closer to realising that reality?

Perhaps this is a part of the Ascension process, it's one thing being ascended within the comforts of your own head but how does that translate into the wider reality? According to Matt Khan ascension is not rising to some ethereal plane of existence but bringing fifth dimensional consciousness 'down' into this density.

You are the answer looking for the question.
You align with ascending because.....????
You don't align with getting a job because....????
You're creating a reality of two opposing concepts because....???

If you were out on the street and begging for food, how would that affect your ascension process?

Einstein said that "Genius is being able to hold two opposing concepts in your mind at the same time." Oops. How ascended are you if you can't operate in two different dimensions? You can hold that ascended space within yourself as you do your selling and you can choose what to express to the outside world at any one time. While you're selling you're focussed on paying the bills and putting a support framework in place for your ascension process, the same way as when you're in the forum you're not worrying about what's there to cook for tea. It is literally a matter of focus at any one time and how you think about things.

You're the one that's drawing the lines in the sand - that don't really exist anywhere else except in your head.

Here's a little secret for you, you have always been a being of Light - you can't not be.
Old 23-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

I relate to what you're saying, and there's not a generic answer one can give, sadly. It's a feeling - a knowing - that is difficult to put into words, certainly in my experience.

I was in an industry that the more 'awake' I became (can't think of a better term to use), the more I felt out of alignment with the role I was doing. There's a fine line here, though. For me, I didn't hate the job, nor the industry - the enjoyment faded quite significantly over time. IME, as you find out who you really are and your consciousness raises, you become more in alignment with what brings you joy; what brings you a sense of purpose. Unfortunately, the majority of people have jobs they don't enjoy and they come home continually complaining about it to everyone else, yet do nothing about it as they have to work. The thing is, if they looked a little deeper and did a little inquiry within, they'd find perhaps their joy is serving other people, i.e. a care worker, so it might be a role change of an administrator (for example) to a care worker.

I think when someone mentions they want to follow their purpose, many think they mean going from an administrator to working for NASA (which is achievable, as an example) - reaching high hopes - yet the joy they will find in a role, in this example, is a care worker. It doesn't have to be a huge jump, that's what I'm saying.

The other side of the coin is learning to be comfortable with being in discomfort in your role (which I did), as anything that annoys you is merely a reflection of something we need to work on inside ourselves, so that is an option. But for me, it wasn't the discomfort, I was past that, it was my soul or gut knew I wasn't getting joy out of what I was doing.

Perhaps ask yourself what brings you joy, and work backwards from there, this may help. The mind will always use logic and reason to talk it's way out of something by putting obstacles in your way, so it's important to go off the feeling you get when you're asking yourself these questions.

All in my opinion/experience this, no right or wrong
Old 23-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Work and money is an unavoidable part of life. If any New Age fiddle faddle keeps you from feeling motivated to work then you might reconsider your beliefs.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Experiencer
From my point of view, unseen factors effect us and do things, that are from life point of view not healthy and draining and that's why they bring no joy and reward by itself. I must say, i don't believe, this is related to laziness. People like to make a conclusion on what they know and believe what they know is everything there is.

It is quite hard to gain answers you need and also you don't know what kind of answers to ask to go into right direction. For me, life manifests completely different as it should and that tells me, there is something, lets call it negative, making it so. So drill, drill to get answers and elevate yourself so you can see it. Only problem about money and work is, when you depend on it, so you will have to distinguish and create additional layer of self, that will allow you to work on two different "projects".
Maybe im writing to myself, but think about it. Only when energy flows as you know it should, you will experience what you want and it could be something completely different in background of it as you think of it now.

Don't listen to people, who brings you down they are showing you something but have no clue what it is. Don't let them lock you into something.