Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 05-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Pathfinder

Origin Stories

Hi Folks,

I haven't been satisfied looking for, or trying to think of, some logical explanation of how everything appeared here.

Though now that I think of it, it seems like we do it very often: when we dream of different events while asleep, it kinda feels like we appeared there from nothing, with no cause. Wow!

Imagine knowing how it feels to do something and not knowing what happened!

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Any comments? Does anyone know if sleep is a sacred thing in any religion?

Thanks for being here. Thanks for reading!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Pathfinder

I think I may have had the correct answer for a few months now. Even if you find some wild explanation of how things started, there will still be a puzzle. Whatever thing you say caused everything to appear, you still have to say, "Well, where did THAT come from."

So, I guess the most important origin is your own. Not that other people aren't right up there, especially your parents.

But if we must die in this life, or if we choose to, I am supremely confident we can move to a realm where you will not die. It is a very exciting thought for me. I will just add those certain things, here, that have allowed for my conclusion.

The concept of infinity does not mean everything can "really" happen, but it does mean there is enough time and space for a single person's dream to manifest. It's proven in the definition of the word. Also, because there is no definite beginning to all things, it is implied that we can take ownership of things, and write some rules eventually. "No one owns it, it is now mine." (Whenever that may be)
But, I guess that's it; I hope you can digest what I have said, and be happier because of it!
Old 18-12-2018, 10:17 PM
ImthatIm

OH the chicken and the egg.

Sleep is sacred to all peoples. Just go wake one up in the middle of it and ask them to do something for you.
Old 19-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Pathfinder

lol, very good!

I think maybe we are a chicken and an egg! We perhaps are not able to understand it. It was not created like other things are created.

I'm getting closer to: "it is all within and around us." Ya know, the combination.
Old 20-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Newbie ;)

The Corpus Hermetica attempts to answer this question. I would suggest reading it- it may give you a more profound insight than me attempting to interpret it under the confines of a short post.
Old 20-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Pathfinder

I bet there is some good wordplay in this text. Is there a best translation you recommend? I like the Taoist explanation that "All things originate from the essence of mystery," which basically means it is unsolvable. I like the way they put it better. LoL. No no.

"We can find out many things, but sometimes we have the answer within us already." It's like a double up, or a zero sum cancellation. But not one answer.
Old 20-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Newbie ;)

It is written in a way, only those who understand will understand. This is how all wisdom is communicated when it is written.
Old 21-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Pathfinder

It seems like, from Daoism, there are two opposing ways to look at everything. So, everything is opinion. Try to have some fun.
Old 21-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Pathfinder

AND, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
Old 22-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
Hi Folks,

I haven't been satisfied looking for, or trying to think of, some logical explanation of how everything appeared here.

Though now that I think of it, it seems like we do it very often: when we dream of different events while asleep, it kinda feels like we appeared there from nothing, with no cause. Wow!

Imagine knowing how it feels to do something and not knowing what happened!

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Any comments? Does anyone know if sleep is a sacred thing in any religion?

Thanks for being here. Thanks for reading!

Yours is a very insightful post especially in relation to the dream analogy, which is widely used in the east in reference to the process of creation.

As a matter of fact, in the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, comparisons are made between the process of going to sleep and the bardos (transitions) associated with dying. I have practiced "conscious sleep" for years and it is very illuminating in understanding the process of "creation". This practice is common to many traditions, including Tibetan Buddhism, yoga, Sufi "dying before death", and others. It is well said (and rightfully so) that the deep sleep state (thought-free) is the closest that most experience to one's original primal nature. That is indeed sacred.