Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 25-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Thats awesome! I am new to Yoga (12 weeks now) and yesterday I was doing what is called "Plow" where you lie on your back and put your legs and feet over your head while tucking your head into your chest.
Well.... I wondered what this new sensation was that i felt and quickly realized that it was my toes reaching the floor behind me!
That was a first for me.............

Yes~it is one of the 'simplest' yet awesome moves ever. Now, I could do that with ease in the mid 80's, but now, forgetaboutit! I will get there again someday very soon, though. It is a weird sensation when you do it for the first time. I'm thinking you should start a thread about just yoga experiences.

Old 25-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Yes~it is one of the 'simplest' yet awesome moves ever. Now, I could do that with ease in the mid 80's, but now, forgetaboutit! I will get there again someday very soon, though. It is a weird sensation when you do it for the first time. I'm thinking you should start a thread about just yoga experiences.

Ha! I think one of reasons that I reached the floor other than becoming more limber, is that my stomach has shrunk alot! lol It did tend to get in the way in this particular Yoga move.

I think yoga thread like you said is a good idea. I am like a baby with this yoga and consequently I see it with an innocence that might be worth sharing.

James
Old 25-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Master
Kudos, WS, kudos!~

Old 25-04-2011, 07:08 PM
unus supra

ah man, no need to apologize hahah, allll gravy....

ya yoga rocks, but for sure Silvergirl, i only do the relaxed stuff, no doubt ive seen the demanding stuff, dabbled a little.
yoga definently will challenge even the most extreme fitness athletes if they are not familiar with it especially.
and the way it works your core and stablizer muscles and allows you to use your body in a mechanically harmonious manner
definently enhances strength beyond what would be expected if we just were to observe someone doing the poses.

i start of every session with the five tibetans, thats the most intense aspect of my yoga session. the rest is eclectic, following the principles of pose counter pose but other than that, distinctly my own flavor. have you done them? what do you think of them? that was the first yoga routine i learned, and all i remember was when i was done, my third eye was thudding for the first time in my life and big purple splotch was in front of my eyes, and then when i got up and walked up the stairs, i could feel a complete shift in my balance. from that point on i was a believer in yoga.

yoga is incredible in its own right for sure. nothing but props for it.

Hey, so your doing p90x? i heard about it, so whats the deal, how do you feel about it?
Old 25-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Master
I was not into the religiousity of yoga, I just happened to see his book on the bookshelf somewhere and picked it up: Richard Hittleman's 28-day Yoga program. That is the extent of my knowledge and I have no idea what type of yoga was in his book, but I watched that Hawaiian gall, Lelani or something like that she always wears the colorful gear and does the routine on the rocks near the ocean and it's beautiful, but I can tell it's the exact same style as Hittleman's and I have gotten a lot out of it.

Old 25-04-2011, 11:05 PM
unus supra

right on, i dig simplicity myself. I think a lot of people tend to move on to quick and not really get the dirt on anything, in yoga, and spirituality in general.

lets do a yoga book swap.

cmon itl be fun.

haha
Old 26-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Master
Breath yes I do intermediate yoga and trust me it's toned up my body the best it's been since I was in my early 20's and I'm now 35, it's great :)
Spiritlite.
Old 29-04-2011, 08:17 AM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Breath yes I do intermediate yoga and trust me it's toned up my body the best it's been since I was in my early 20's and I'm now 35, it's great :)
Spiritlite.

Sounds very nice. But I'll be needing documented evidence. XD.. Just playing.

Yea, my angel's body is gorgeous too.
Old 29-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unus supra
right on, i dig simplicity myself. I think a lot of people tend to move on to quick and not really get the dirt on anything, in yoga, and spirituality in general.

lets do a yoga book swap.

cmon itl be fun.

haha

I would but it's a book that has long fallen apart at the seams, sadly.

I was thinking of getting a replacement to start again / get back into it.

I can remember many of the individual exercises but there were a lot of them.

Just tell me what your book is called. I can get it through alibris or amazon.

(Thx)

Old 30-04-2011, 07:22 PM
unus supra

The biggest problem i had when i started yoga was i wanted the nitty gritty details on it, the postures alone wasnt enough, i wanted to know how and what they do, the general philosophy and what not.

The Heart of Yoga - TKV Desikachar is useful.

The Five Tibetans, - I. Have Noidea. (great author)