Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
supersonic

First I thought of deja vu as like something happened before and than I would think of what will happen next.
Today science says that dejavu happenings relate to persons memory problems but it is still unclear of what it is.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Yes .....
I am a time-traveler~~!

I came from a time called ....
yesterday

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Raewynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
Thank you for sharing this experience, it is most interesting, had me pondering the whole day. Amazing, because most people aren't able to make the jump once the flash of dejavu kicks in, they just freeze.

I have deja vu frequently, though I think it occurred more when I was younger. As a child, when deja vu hit me, I would remember dreaming that exact moment (except in my dream there was no sound or color, but I still knew the colors and sounds...). I would also (and still do) get a sense of when, exactly, I had dreamed it. Even if it had been years prior to the actual experience. When I approached my early teens, I started to dream them in color, and finally in high school I would dream hearing the sounds as well.

For the longest time, I would freeze, as you say, and observe in shock. Then, in high school, I would spend the entire moment thinking "I am having deja vu!" until the moment ended. It took me a few years, but every time I had deja vu, I would try to push past the moment to see what came next.

Finally, in my early 20's, I had two experiences where my deja vu started to get really interesting.

During the first, I was working as a cook for Pizza Hut (a mind-numbing job, but great for having time to think). While I was working, I had deja vu and became aware of it. But instead of fixating on that fact, I pushed my thoughts forward to sort-out what would happen next. My train of thought pretty much went as such:

"What happens next, what happens next? I think I smile.... Why do I smile? Because I think of Freddie." And, remembering my husband then did make me smile suddenly, and I thought, "Aww, Freddie!".

Anyone seen the Matrix? The scene where Neo speaks to the Oracle and she says not to worry about the vase. And then Neo, searching for the vase she was referring to, knocks it over. Neo asks how she knew, and she says what's really going to stump him is when he wonders if he would have knocked the vase over in the first place if she hasn't mentioned it. My experience was exactly like that.

The second experience I had, I was at home when deja vu struck. For one baffling moment, it felt like I remote-viewed myself at work. I was aware that this me-at-work that I was experiencing/observing was observing/experiencing the me-at-home. It felt like I was one person as two in two different locations at (I presume, based on time of day) at two different times. And this entire experience was, in itself, deja vu. I presume this was possible for the me-at-work because, as I've said, it is very mind-numbing after a while and leaves one's thoughts to wander...

Anyways, I've yet to have a repeat of either experience. I've never heard of anyone experiencing deja vu like I did, so I'd love to hear people's opinions or similar stories.

As far as the purpose of deja vu, I think it depends on the person. Maybe for some people it is a warning sign. Some people take it as a good sign. I take it as a road-marker. I think the subconscious can tap-in to all possible futures, and experiencing deja vu is a way for you to consciously recognize which path through time you have taken.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:49 AM
epicsinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Yes .....
I am a time-traveler~~!

I came from a time called ....
yesterday

but with time travel the concept of time itself vanishes, how about time warp, even time stands still.
yesterday , today , tomorrow are all false notations.
I have few experiences also, like when ever I travel from one time zone to another time zone, I had to readjust my watch.Is it not time travel?
Old 26-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Chicken Hawk

When I have a dejavu moment, it's like you just "know" that you've done this exact same thing before and it's almost like your outside yourself watching it. The feeling always ends before I'm ready for it to. I always want to know, what's next, but then it just goes away.
Old 25-03-2012, 06:06 PM
merrie

Mish mash of memories

I , too thought it could be a mish mash of memories of things that were said or done in the exact same way.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:17 PM
SandyInfinity

i had lots dejvu during highschool then it stoped =/
Old 21-02-2013, 05:03 AM
maxmagician

Have you ever had deja vu?
Didn't you just ask me that?

Last edited by maxmagician : 21-02-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 21-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Experiencer

I have deja vu generally, then what I call a deja vie - the whole thing has played out before I got to the end in the current state of consciousness and i merely go through the motions every day hoping that it's not somehow rationalised as its either a curse that way or a gift otherwise. I have made a few irrelevant changes - which while that is profound it doesn't give me a cleue about the general plan ... beats me anyway. I've heard there are psychiatric explanations for what I experience - whole minutes described before one technically got there but there's a lot more to my whole experience than time manouevering though that's not really relevant here. my suggestion is that there is something you might believe is abstract or just so obvious that you forgot that there is something quantum of consciousness or whatever - that little example of "there's god"
Old 22-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
I once had deja vu, and during the experience quickly "remembered" what happened next (after the "this has happened before" moment) Well, that turned out to be exactly the next set of things to happen for the following few minutes. This involved two other people interacting. I was just observing during this.