Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-10-2017, 03:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Question What are the lights and colors I am seeing?

I am a newbie to this forum. I have been into my spiritual awakening for about a year now. I have just recently, a few months ago started researching 3 rd eye activation, meditation, Astral Projection, OOBE and the such. As you can imagine I have been bombarded with different imformation on each subject. I started meditation practices about 2 months ago. I routinely start out my day with a morning meditation that lasts anywhere from 30 min. to as long as an hour. I sometimes use binaural beats or music to begin the sessions, usually only 10 -15 min. At some point I usually get to a state of seeing COLORS and lights that start flowing. It almost always starts out in the same pattern and color each time and then starts to flow and then come and go. Depending on what state and how effective the session is the colors seem to intensify and I will see flashes and energy spots almost like fire flys in the summertime. I usually meditate in a mostly dark room or sometimes burn a candle. I can see these lights and colors with my eyes closed to begin and can also open my eyes and the colors are usually still there and I can follow them through out the room with my eyes still open. I have had some say this is my 3rd eye opening and I have also read that this could be spirits or the opening "to the spirits". At times it is as if I can feel a presence during these colorful sessions. My question as a VERY NEW and very infant Spiritual Seeker, WHAT IS HAPPENING? Am I making this into something it's not or have some of you had similar experiences. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson1
I am a newbie to this forum. I have been into my spiritual awakening for about a year now. I have just recently, a few months ago started researching 3 rd eye activation, meditation, Astral Projection, OOBE and the such. As you can imagine I have been bombarded with different imformation on each subject. I started meditation practices about 2 months ago. I routinely start out my day with a morning meditation that lasts anywhere from 30 min. to as long as an hour. I sometimes use binaural beats or music to begin the sessions, usually only 10 -15 min. At some point I usually get to a state of seeing COLORS and lights that start flowing. It almost always starts out in the same pattern and color each time and then starts to flow and then come and go. Depending on what state and how effective the session is the colors seem to intensify and I will see flashes and energy spots almost like fire flys in the summertime. I usually meditate in a mostly dark room or sometimes burn a candle. I can see these lights and colors with my eyes closed to begin and can also open my eyes and the colors are usually still there and I can follow them through out the room with my eyes still open. I have had some say this is my 3rd eye opening and I have also read that this could be spirits or the opening "to the spirits". At times it is as if I can feel a presence during these colorful sessions. My question as a VERY NEW and very infant Spiritual Seeker, WHAT IS HAPPENING? Am I making this into something it's not or have some of you had similar experiences. Thanks in advance for your input.

Well I have no response for your. But I am super curious if anybody has any input to this as well. I was hoping with my post it would bump it to the top and someone can respond.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
I experience this too, I am not 100% sure what they are. But I have read that they are messages in energy form that we need to decode and understand, but also that it could be your souls energy colour. I see bright green all around then it forms into a blobby mass of colour that changes shape and form, when that is strong and vivid, it is engulfed by purple, which then changes to green and so forth. I always see this same pattern when I close my eyes and focus on 3rd eye. So I'm not really sure what it is but it is energy we are seeing I guess, whether that is our guides/angels, our own core, or energetic messages I do not know.
Old 30-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)

When u advance in meditation u will be able to see lights of different colours like bleu, red, white, yellow.
The third eye is not a easy task, is very hard to open it.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Master

I do not claim to know exactly what is causing the lights and colours you are seeing, but there are many things that can be seen and heard in meditation.

The Alice Bailey books describe three types of inner light:
1. Flashing pinpoints of light which are the light of the consciousness of the atoms in the brain.
2. A diffuse golden glow which is the light of the etheric (or energy) body which activates the dense physical body.
3. A circle of brilliant sharp electric light which is the light of the Soul.

At the centre of the third type of light (the light of the Soul) we may see an indigo disc which (with concentration) radiates its own light. The indigo disc within the circle of light appears as an inner eye, which may be the true third eye. When we meditate on this light and then open our physical eyes we see everything bathed in light.

In Play of Consciousness Muktananda describes seeing the Blue Pearl which may be a variation of the indigo disc.

It may also be that as you relax into your meditation you are entering a hypnagogic state, similar to the borderline between wakefulness and sleep, where all sorts of colours and images may appear.

Or it may be that you are seeing the colours of your own aura with your inner eye.

Or it may be that you are witnessing the colours and shapes of the mental plane.

So it is difficult to give an accurate description of what you are seeing and why. All I can suggest is that you focus on whatever you are seeing, and who knows where it might lead?

Peace.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Master
If the lights and colours appear external more than internal, they could also be those spiritual orb things. After one has meditated for a while, they start seeing them with the naked eye (usually after the Third-Eye has been activated).

I see them all the time now, like huge fireflies with tails that trail up to 3-4 inches behind them...I call them 'luminescent sperm' because they look like those images of radioactive sperm you see under a microscope and boy, can they move!

A few months ago, I was ascending the staircase inside my flat and I saw a huge pink one about the size of a tennis ball and I was like "wooooaaahhh...well, howdy there" but usually I ignore them or try, because they always hang around like the vermin of the astral realm. lol
Old 06-12-2017, 12:31 AM
Tedmil

The lights and colors are simply a sensation called phosphenes. Close you eyes and rub your eyelids and you'll see them. The interesting thing is how the brain is able to take the random sensations and influence them to form shapes, faces etc.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Suspended
Last night this happened to me. I wasn't meditating but in a kinda thoughtful and serene mood. I kept seeing a white light glowing coming out of my forehead. I think it was my aura.
Old 16-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Seeker
I've had these experiences in most of my meditation sessions as well, and I too use meditation music as an aid. Do your colors & shapes sometimes morph into clearer images of faces and scenes (like mountains / deserts / forests)? I find that if I don't focus on the shapes and colors, they do morph to a clearer vision, although I have no idea who the people are, nor have I been to the places I see. I assume that it all will revealed when I'm ready to know it.
Old 17-12-2017, 03:22 AM
Experiencer
Hello Nelson1,

I meditate frequently as well, and I have also experienced what you are referring to. My understanding is that you are starting to 'see' the energy, which is like a radio wave but one your thoughts and brain can tune into. The energy contains a lot of information, intent, etc, as it picks it all up from various living things, you, spirits, etc. Eventually you can use that ability to see spirits, however you are likely to see things which are closer to the physical plane first, as that will be easier for you. For instance, I have opened my sight to see the flowing colors, and noticed a pattern of pulsation coming off of myself. The bright neon lime yellow that I saw pulsing off of myself at that time looked very much like it was pulsing in such a way as to match my heart rhythm, and projected out so as to seem as though it was coming off of my "aura", which is a sphere of personal energy we all have around us.

Not only that, but when I focused this opened sight onto looking at other people, I didn't see just colors. I saw vivid shapes and faces! One such time I was listening to my partner speak and looking at him in this way. I started to see the colors. Then, I saw a face overlap with his in the energy, this face garbed with an Egyptian headdress and used old Egyptian makeup. You might be thinking, well, why would he have seen that? I think I know the answer - You see, shortly after I saw this, he started talking about ancient Egypt! Talk about a confirmation, eh? The most logical conclusion I can draw is that I saw a reflection of what he was thinking about in the energy, before he had started talking about it.

Should give you some ideas. Hope that helps!