Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 28-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Thanks. I have reached the point with my lifestyle choices where the thought of doing something different, never crosses my mind. This is what I do. This is my path now, and will always be.

And in a very real way it chose me. My eyes were opened many times via a process I've come to understand as my higher self, instructing and guiding me along this path. I gave up alcohol, drugs and smoking decades ago, because something told me my well-being depended on it. And this was long before my self-understanding awakening. Likewise my giving up eating meat. I had never considered a vegetarian diet. But one day it hit me from out of the blue: I'm eating a dead animal here. This isn't just disgusting, it's immoral. I honestly never had those thoughts before that moment. I couldn't have told you what a vegan was, I had never researched alternative diets. But that was it, I stopped eating meat from then on. Once the epiphany happens, the conscious understanding takes hold and becomes my new lifestyle. This is how my lifestyle has evolved over the years really; something showing me what I need, before I realize I need it.

Thank you for sharing that. I have had a similar path myself. except I did not find veganism on my own. I'm sure you found your spirituality had reached a new level as well.
Old 28-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Girl
I'm sure you found your spirituality had reached a new level as well.
It is all connected as you seem to know and understand already. As simple as this: Someone looking for advice talks about their negative beliefs about life and spirit. First thing I would ask: What's your diet and lifestyle? What I do, is what determines my life outlook. It's not the other way around; it's not life that's the problem.

Last edited by Baile : 28-01-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 28-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Master
Also, I posted what I did because, for me, there are spiritual understandings that need to be taken into account regarding the whole eating-meat question. It is disgusting is more my personal truth and soul response. Whereas it is immoral -- the corporate meat industry specifically -- is a collective human truth. The reason people would ever argue this question is because they have not had a higher self awareness experience of this collective truth. I can't find fault with someone's lifestyle when it's clear they haven't had the higher self epiphany. Like faulting a 6 months-old baby for crawling and not walking.
Old 29-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Master
Reading about Ayurveda diets and body types... so is eating meat actually necessary for some body types? If so, that is something that has never crossed my mind as a possibility. I've always assumed the entire human race is naturally evolving towards vegetarian eating habits. A collective consciousness shift. You know, like the way we no longer sacrifice goats to appease the gods.

Last edited by Baile : 29-01-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 29-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Master
More Ayurveda reading. I read about the three types and it's like, "I'm definitely Pitta," very obvious. Then I read the list of Pitta foods, and everything I eat is on the Favor list, and everything I don't eat or don't like, is on the Avoid list. The body's natural intuition, in action! Thanks Nomad Girl, very inspirational and completely new info for me.
Old 30-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Also, I posted what I did because, for me, there are spiritual understandings that need to be taken into account regarding the whole eating-meat question. It is disgusting is more my personal truth and soul response. Whereas it is immoral -- the corporate meat industry specifically -- is a collective human truth. The reason people would ever argue this question is because they have not had a higher self awareness experience of this collective truth. I can't find fault with someone's lifestyle when it's clear they haven't had the higher self epiphany. Like faulting a 6 months-old baby for crawling and not walking.

I love what you said there at the end 'I can't find fault with someone's lifestyle when it's clear they haven't had the higher self epiphany. Like faulting a 6 months-old baby for crawling and not walking'

That is so true and when I'm here, I have an easier time holding that in my mind, but when I see the images from MFA or the Guardians images, the horror drives that understanding out of my mind for that moment.
Old 30-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
That is so true and when I'm here, I have an easier time holding that in my mind, but when I see the images from MFA or the Guardians images, the horror drives that understanding out of my mind for that moment.
Yes Debrah. That is the darker side to this unfortunately, to human nature and life. We're free beings, and not everyone takes moral responsibility for themselves. I had to withdraw for the world for over a decade and recover my soul. I could no longer deal with the darkness in people; their devastating behaviour and lack of moral fiber. And that's when I came a vegan. That was one of the outcomes of my removing myself from all that. And that's what I focus on now: diet, emotional and mental well-being... all the health-giving aspects of my life.
Old 30-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Deactivated Account
I have a question: You vegetarians may pity all the poor cute little lambs being led to the slaughter, but have you ever wondered wether or not all the vegetables you eat have feelings and the pure terror they may have experienced while being devoured alive?
Old 30-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I have a question: You vegetarians may pity all the poor cute little lambs being led to the slaughter
That's not a question, that's a mocking jibe. Do you want to try again?
Old 30-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That's not a question, that's a mocking jibe. Do you want to try again?

Of course it's not a question when you only read what you want to read mr. Smartypants. I don't see how that's a mocking jibe considering many vegetarians are often protesting against the slaughter of animals (not that I care about that or anything) Also, funny thing is that I don't remember asking YOU anything so perhaps you may try doing something else than playing morality knight and just ignore me if you don't like me for whatever reason?

Last edited by Dargor : 30-01-2017 at 11:20 PM.