Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 05-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Guide

Fish Question about dowsing with pendulum

Hello everyone!

Its been a while since I've been on the forums. And it's nice to come back to some fresh threads

I have a question regarding pendulums and dowsing. Is it easy to influence the movement of a pendulum when making an inquiry?

I was given a crystal by my regular psychic reader a few weeks ago to place under my pillow as part of an energy healing and aura cleansing regimen I'm going through, and I had this idea to tie a thread around the crystal and use it as a pendulum (until I am at the point where I can splurge a little on a store bought apparatus).

I started with asking what yes and no was, and all of the basic movements. I had to redo that though, as yes and no were backwards (I figured it would be best to make sure the pendulum made motions resembling a head nod yes or head shake for now). After that, I started asking questions with obvious "yes" answers, such as my name, who my parents were, height, hair color, things like that. I also asked questions with answers that provided an obvious "no" (like am I actually a woman? ).

I started asking about a little more serious things, like if I got the job I was interviewed for a few days ago. I also asked about a few other things, mostly relating to myself, and a person I love very much. I got affirmative answers, and for a lot of inquiries, the pendulum doesn't just swing in a yes motion, but in an emphatic yes. The pendulum swings very swift and forcefully.

But part of me just wonders if this is my own consciousness getting in the way? I've also tried asking the same questions, but in this case expect a no answer and the pendulum swings in a disoriented yes-no motion. Following the same technique for answers that I've received a no for, I tried to expect a yes and the pendulum remains still. Just to test whether this is my consciousness influencing the answers, I just focused on the pendulum and motioned it and it tends to move whichever way my mind moves it. I have also asked the pendulum if it is just moving with my own conscious and subconscious desires, but apparently it is not.

I'm actually quite surprised I have picked up the ability to use the pendulum in only a few days. I figure it takes time to get used to the tool and to understand the answers. It is a great tool nonetheless.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Seeker
Hi, I have just started using one and it works well. I hold it with my hands in a prayer like position with fingers interlocked and place my elbows on my knees and rest my hands on my forehead in a sitting position so I can keep as still as possible so my arms don't influence any movement. The pendant moves clockwise , anti clockwise , forward backward for unclear, the circles are about 1 cm in diameter for a full Yes-No. A smaller circle for Yes-No meaning not so important.

You have to figure out who it is you are connected with, if it is a random Spirit they like to just connect and play and no real purpose comes of it. I ground myself first and ask my Guardian Angel to only allow who I want to choose to speak too and dispel any unwelcome spirits.

I made my own pendant from wood. As far as I can see it is not my subconscious I am talking too it is my Guide who has a name and is actually new, I use a piece of paper with the alphabet written on as well to find out more precise answers but it takes up a lot of time so I don't use the paper so often.
Hope this may be of help to you...J.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Experiencer

I have also been using a makeshift pendulum....actually a gold chain and gold globe.

Like you, I have had my doubts at times about all this but, having said that, so far, I have had 100 percent consistency in answers. You know, some questions I must've asked 9 or 10 times over the months and get the same answer.

I don't think it's easy to influence the movement. I keep my elbow on the table and just hold it loosely. I have actually tried to do the Yes motion by myself but it doesn't work the same....just jerky if I try to do that as an experiement. When the Guide does a Yes it tends to start off real slow then gains momentum.

I also ask to begin with If my Spirit guide is there (mention the Guide's name)...and....ask if it's OK to ask questions. I usually get a big Yes straightaway. One or two occasions, it has been slow to get going, and I have had to ask a few times. Today I had this (slow start). I think probably my mind was not quietened enough.

Oh...sometimes I get a big Yes and sometimes a small Yes LOL. This was discussed on another thread. I take more notice of the big Yesses.

Sometimes I don't get an answer or it just jiggles a bit. I take that to mean Do Not Know....or......Will not Answer. You know, I guess some things we are not meant to know.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Betsycc

Thumbs up Pendulum use & safety

If you search the web (not sure of the policy for sharing links) there are guidelines you can follow prior to using your pendulum. Basically, a bit like a legal spiel -setting the intention to receive only answers that fall within certain parameters, etc... Its important to remember that everyone has free choice and circumstances can and do change. Hence the guidelines. We are given the best possible answer 'as things stand at that precise moment'.

As far as influencing the motion -I've started a circular motion with the pendulum and then, asked the question. The pendulum will almost screech to a stop and go the other way (if need be). I've seen others do this as well, begin the motion and have it change.

I've created several charts for getting different kinds of info easier. Alphabet charts, word charts, number charts. Each one has standard 'Yes', 'No' positions, a 'unknown', a 'laugh' & a 'Heart' position.

My guides and angels are quite funny. I believe they want us to have as much fun in life as we can. To me - laughter is more precious than jewels.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Seeker
When I first used the Alphabet it spelt the word "Game",which I had to laugh about. It's true that the pendulum starts of in small circles and sometimes stays still and jiggers. Watching the pendulum closely as you do it's almost as though there is a magnet there sometimes. I've actually only being doing it a few weeks and I try not to ask questions about things in the future, more about making decisions around the present, a bit of fine tuning help so to speak because I am terrible at making the wright choice so this new found technology could come in handy.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Experiencer

How do you make an alphabet? Just write the letters in a circle?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Seeker
I'm no expert but I realized quickly that the letters should be set out so the pendulum swings towards a letter and not over two opposite letters as in a circle. Set out more than 180 degrees, semicircle, perhaps to say as a clock, 8 round to 4 and between 8&4 numbers. What I have been doing is asking if the first letter lies between A & G etc , takes a bit of patients though.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Guide

Hi all! Thanks for giving some good responses.

I've been practicing pendulum dowsing the past few days, and I get the same results — but I have been paying a little more attention to what I'm doing. Asking for the truth and nothing but the truth, communicating with spirit guides (I have quite a few), and I also decided to ask how accurate my pendulum is, using a percentage chart. It is about 95% accuracy. I notice that the pendulum is more responsive when I ask my spirit guides if I may ask a question, as opposed to just fishing intel from my superconscious through my subconscious. I can also ask consecutive follow-up questions and the pendulum swings in the direction it needs to. I usually ask the pendulum to clear itself before answering another question, especially if the answers to each question are the same.

My spirit guides seem to be quite eager to communicate with me and I can feel they are able to answer many questions that I have, there aren't many limits and I feel a little more confident asking the pendulum whatever it is on my mind.
Old 23-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Guide
Have you tried just asking "Am I influencing this answer in anyway?"
Old 24-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendulum Princess
Have you tried just asking "Am I influencing this answer in anyway?"

Interesting question to ask ~

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction