Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
no i haven't heard about it, just tryed to look it up and could only find sizes for lumber. Lol
Hhhooooo wowww! I feel so dumb! I get what you're talking about! It just hit me over the head. I guess that is the perfect example. Sorry i am a little slow.
Old 25-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
What do you think is more powerful, belief, or knowing? I feel like both are extensions of our will. We know what we know is real and thus we will it to be real. Whereas belief doesnt really know for sure. I think knowing is stronger then belief. And yet belief is like faith and faith can do anything. I think faith can be a form of knowing if it is strong enough. You can have so much faith that you know it will be so. What do you think?

Ever sine I fist visited sf I have been asking this qtn.

Like some peeps will talk about past life's for instance and seem to know every detail and know it as a fact.
I have had visions seen spirit and all sorts but to me its a belief.
in places where others do not.
Old 25-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
What do you think is more powerful, belief, or knowing? I feel like both are extensions of our will. We know what we know is real and thus we will it to be real. Whereas belief doesnt really know for sure. I think knowing is stronger then belief. And yet belief is like faith and faith can do anything. I think faith can be a form of knowing if it is strong enough. You can have so much faith that you know it will be so. What do you think?
This is a good question and I've been pondering on it for a few days. It seems at the moment and for a lot of the time I don't really Know anything but there are moments when, especially if I've been questioning something Clarity comes and that feels like a great revelation to me. Then in that moment I Know and I feel invincible and clear. I guess the clarity is the moment I put my beliefs aside and allow the answer to come through, giving space for it. But just like a cloud that blocks the sun on most days my beliefs get in the way and colour the gem I was given.

Beliefs on the other hand seem to be what most of us use to create our reality around us even in near death moments it seems our beliefs dictate what we experience. Beliefs cut us off from Source at varying degrees, it provides limitation, so is quite powerful in that sense I guess...to make us believe that we are powerless even. Is there a balance there perhaps? If we knew it all is it possible to create and experience?
Old 25-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Deactivated Account
To me knowing is more important than believing, because belief is unreliable due to it's unpredictability.
Old 16-11-2017, 12:12 PM
boshy b. good

yup

We know of Good input, that makes Us happy.

We believe stomps our footing on the ground,
That can be used up as great health.

We are going to believe New stuff that's adapting-sure, "at our puzzle and puzzle size"

yup

Last edited by boshy b. good : 16-11-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 16-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Master
In my experience, one believes until they know.
Old 16-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Badcopyinc

What i once had faith in eventually became belief. then in time i found it to be false.

what i once thought to false eventually became belief and then that became false as well.

The only thing i once knew for sure was "I AM" and even now that is wrong as i am not.

I agree with crystalsong all ideas of belief and knowledge and faith are all beautiful things they all lead to the same understanding eventually. everything in this experience directs you back to yourself and that dissolves the idea that anything is greater than or than less anything else they are all same they are all reflections of you!
Old 17-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Master

Knowledge v. belief is a very interesting contemplation. It can be argued both ways with strong arguments. I lean to belief. I see it this way: I see belief as being linked to 'opinion'.....I see knowledge as being linked to 'fact'. There is a dynamic element to belief/opinion in that it demands continual substantiation even if it is directed to a pre-conceived opinion. On the other hand, knowledge/fact seems a static proposition. Further contemplation is not demanded. In this sense it exhibits the state of being close-minded.

Truthfully it happens that knowledge(facts) can be proven erroneous......e.g. the world is flat, the sun orbits the earth, etc. These accepted 'facts'(knowledge) went unquestioned for eons but were eventually proven to be in error. It seems to me that beliefs/opinions can be more easily relinquished due to revelation or contemplation. I find it much more easier, realistic and truthful to speak of possessing beliefs/opinions rather than to assert I possess the truth/knowledge/facts. I much prefer to be able to say that I could be wrong rather than to believe I could not possibly be wrong.
Old 17-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
I AM is the only certainty.
ARE you? It sounds a little bit cocky ... The afterlife is loaded with souls knowing they're in heaven, and others knowing to be alive on Earth. I believe they're both delusional (not in a pejorative way).

In my opinion knowing isn't different from believing.