Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 04-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Odd Night Experience...was it real?

Alright so last night was incredibly strange. I had a pretty weird dream, and at the end I was being attacked by a pretty wild dog and I didn't seem to be fighting back. When I did some, I eventually woke up. When I woke up I looked at the chair which is next to my bed and it was draped in some clothes. As I looked at it, it looked like a girl I know from school wearing a usual outfit. It suddenly switched to a body less (no recognizable form in the dark) form moving in the hoodie. I know how the mind can make up interpretations when you're in the dark, but this was vivid and unwavering. I've had experiences similar to this on acid, but even this seemed more real. The head, which seemed to be under a black hood, was moving in a wavy and creepy way, back and forth. Then it started moving as if it were laughing hysterically. Almost as if it knew I had no idea what the **** was happening. It would alternate from the wavy moves to the laughing. I checked to see if I was out of body and that didnt seem to be the case. I also tried several checks to see if I were dreaming. I wasn't paralyzed in any way, except I was just hesitant to move due to the closeness of the thing. I managed to calm any internal anxiety, but just didn't want to move incase it tried anything. I then went into a strange narrative in my mind. The details are fuzzy, but it was like I knew someone else's life. Thinking things like what if I was....and I was in....from 1973 to 1975 doing xyz. But I had the feeling that this all happened. Then at this point due to annoyance of the thing and not wanting to get out of the bed, I forced myself to man up and close my eyes to sleep.

Like what is that lol??
Old 04-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Master
"reality" is what gets experienced. whatever that may be.
it is the journey of an experiencer.
what you're seeming to ask is if your experience is fact or fiction;
does it have objective veracity, or is it a creation of yours.
the very best information i have available, what rings true for me,
is that there is no objective reality whatsoever, and all experiences are creations of the experiencer.

so, for you to have experienced something means that it was real.
your question then becomes one of understanding what meaning it has for you.

first things first: the event had peculiarities which led you to ask yourself
if you were dreaming. in my experience, people don't ask this question
during normal wakefulness -- i'd say you weren't (fully?) awake. that
sounds sorta like a trick answer to me, but it's the best i can provide.
ever seen Heaven Can Wait (1978)? it that movie, there's
a scene where an angel says something to the effect of: "dreams have
a certain quality to them, something you can feel; this is not a dream".
so: remember the feel of the experience... was it dreamlike, wakefullike, or 'other'?

another point to consider is your fear indications. in the preceding dream,
you've expressed no fear associated with the attack you were receiving. at the very end of the "hallucinatory event"
(not to truly label it as that -- just for conversation), you say "forced myself to man up" which indicates a mustering of courage.
throughout the bulk of your narrative, only the words "managed to calm any internal anxiety" seem to indicate a fear flavor to me.
plus, looking at that again, the word "any" sticks out for me ... "any" as if to say "just in case there was any", as opposed to "my" anxiety,
which would acknowledge an attained state.

this event could have specific meaning for you, but it seems more likely that
having any event is the significant development.
if i were to provide a meaning to it:
your higher self is playing with you.
you desire to experience 'otherworldly' things, to glimpse beyond the veil
[i've drawn this idea from considering your other thread].
the part of you in the know, your higher self, is blocking this
[not through fear, but with denial energy, masked as scary things].
the "strange narrative" involving past activities was a fabrication of your
higher self, meant to distract you.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Oh wow...you gave me so much more than I could have hoped for. Thanks for these amazing words, and you've really given me such a joy in finding this website now. Thanks! I'll take these words and continue on my journey.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Master
i greatly appreciate having had the opportunity to communicate.
that you've enjoyed it is especially gratifying.
for no particular reason that i understand, i wanna mention the
Delphic maxim know thyself to you.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Newbie ;)

That aligns perfectly with the vision I've been following with intent this year. It's honestly incredible the layers that have been pulled back in such a short period of time. Feels like I'm going crazy sometimes, and it's so beautiful. Thank you for affirmation.