Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-03-2019, 02:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Am I just making up all this intuitive stuff? How do you know it’s real?

Hi guys! I don’t mean to sound so pessimistic, but I’m honestly to the point where I’m starting to question EVERYTHING. Maybe religion, spirituality, signs, twin flames etc are just a way for me to grasp onto something to make myself feel secure...to give meaning to the chaos of emotions and feelings. Maybe intuition is just gas? Maybe twin flames are just a level of delusion??? Lol

How do you know? Are there any of you out there who have a twin flame “success story?” I know we’re supposed to follow the small voice within, but I feel as if my voice is pointing to things that my heart craves, but it’s not logical.
Old 15-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Experiencer

You can't trust other peoples experiences, only your own. Someone might say they have a twin flame, but that's their perception not yours. There are also people who think the earth is flat.
To make sure you understand, i'm not saying it's one way or the other.
But if you are having these kinds of thoughts, you should listen to them. Meditate on it, try to come to a conclusiont that maybe you don't know and that's ok.
Maybe you'll experience it youself someday, but to wait for that to happen or even putting labels is usually something that gives us heartbreak.
You don't need beliefs to make you happy. You just need to experience and enjoy what you have.
Old 15-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac195
Hi guys! I don’t mean to sound so pessimistic, but I’m honestly to the point where I’m starting to question EVERYTHING. Maybe religion, spirituality, signs, twin flames etc are just a way for me to grasp onto something to make myself feel secure...to give meaning to the chaos of emotions and feelings. Maybe intuition is just gas? Maybe twin flames are just a level of delusion??? Lol

How do you know? Are there any of you out there who have a twin flame “success story?” I know we’re supposed to follow the small voice within, but I feel as if my voice is pointing to things that my heart craves, but it’s not logical.
I will say the way you know is to test it. Is it as real as you believe your emotions and feelings to be? Then it's real, to you. You cant see or touch emotions but they're still there. No one else can tell you if it's real. You gotta decide for yourself. :)
Old 15-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Knower

I get what you're saying. In my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and experiences, as long as it is not harming him or her self (or others.)

That said, for me personally, I used to think life was very black and white. Now I believe it is gray. Not everything, in my opinion, is visible or tangible as far as explanations go. There is so much that we don't know or understand about the human body - such as the brain and thyroid. This makes me wonder how much we don't fully know or understand about life.

Follow your heart and intuition. To each their own! Only you have experienced your own experiences. Meditate, free your mind, and be your own lovely self with your own lovely beliefs. Sending love and light to you!
Old 17-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Newbie ;)

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
You can't trust other peoples experiences, only your own. Someone might say they have a twin flame, but that's their perception not yours. There are also people who think the earth is flat.
To make sure you understand, i'm not saying it's one way or the other.
But if you are having these kinds of thoughts, you should listen to them. Meditate on it, try to come to a conclusiont that maybe you don't know and that's ok.
Maybe you'll experience it youself someday, but to wait for that to happen or even putting labels is usually something that gives us heartbreak.
You don't need beliefs to make you happy. You just need to experience and enjoy what you have.

Tbh, I didn’t know anything about twin flames until I googled the emotions and experience I’ve been having with someone and twin flame popped up. I dismissed the notion for a couple of months, until things became confusing and I read more into it.

I think I’m just torn and I don’t know where to land...I don’t know a definite answer. I like how you said that “maybe I don’t know and that’s okay.” That’s reassuring.

My heart says I know and that it’s true. My head is nervous and obsessive. I also feel there’s this part of me that’s trying to make myself aware, dismiss everything and focus on the present; The here and now. I’ve been doing this by meditating. I often feel my heart pulled towards the person, but I’m meditating and focusing on the present so I will make it go away somehow...
Old 17-03-2019, 02:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
I will say the way you know is to test it. Is it as real as you believe your emotions and feelings to be? Then it's real, to you. You cant see or touch emotions but they're still there. No one else can tell you if it's real. You gotta decide for yourself. :)

I know, I get it. But is it the same as a schizophrenic or someone with mental health problems? It’s real to them...I just want reassurance I guess. But like you said, it depends on what’s true to you. *sigh*
Old 17-03-2019, 02:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloneyetnot
I get what you're saying. In my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and experiences, as long as it is not harming him or her self (or others.)

That said, for me personally, I used to think life was very black and white. Now I believe it is gray. Not everything, in my opinion, is visible or tangible as far as explanations go. There is so much that we don't know or understand about the human body - such as the brain and thyroid. This makes me wonder how much we don't fully know or understand about life.

Follow your heart and intuition. To each their own! Only you have experienced your own experiences. Meditate, free your mind, and be your own lovely self with your own lovely beliefs. Sending love and light to you!

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you come to this conclusion after having black and white thinking? I grew up in a religious home and now I’m more spiritual than religious. After so much confusion and pain, I’m starting to think that I’m causing my own pain by believing in things like this...
Old 17-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Guide

Quote:

As we grow older and experience life things we were taught growing up can come into question. It's ok to become your own person.

I grew up in a home with regular church attendance, following religious observations, religious education. As I got older I found this did nothing for me. I never felt prayers were answered. I now am more spiritual, believing a different way and my life has improved. I find more "prayers" being answered.

A "success story" depends on what your definition of success is. This is a complicated, life long journey. If by success story you mean finding a perfect love and marrying, that tends to be not the case. I met my twin when we were kids but knew nothing of twin flames. We had no contact for 20 years then in 2016 he came back in my life unexpectedly. He's in a relationship but he and I have our own kind of "relationship" and love that's difficult for most people to understand. We are good friends, with almost daily contact.
Old 17-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you come to this conclusion after having black and white thinking? I grew up in a religious home and now I’m more spiritual than religious. After so much confusion and pain, I’m starting to think that I’m causing my own pain by believing in things like this...

I think it just goes back to needing to do what's right for you. By black and white thinking, what I mean is, when I was little, I used to think that those who were Christian were "right" with their beliefs, while those who aren't are "wrong". (Not bad people mind you - just in the "wrong" belief system.) Growing up I went to church with my family. I still attend church, but my thinking and beliefs are more broad.

These days, I don't think there's necessarily a right and wrong. For me it's hard to pinpoint the "right" religion or belief into one denomination. I think it's more broad than that, and more comes in to play. I get more peace from gray thinking versus black and white, but again that doesn't mean that I'm right, it's just my beliefs and thoughts. My experience with my TF is partially what brought me into being more gray - although it started way before all that came along.

If where you are at now with your beliefs isn't serving you or doesn't make sense, think about why that is and look into other possibilities or options that do make sense to you. Your beliefs and perspective are totally yours. Do what works for you. Love and light!
Old 18-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdm1
I met my twin when we were kids but knew nothing of twin flames. We had no contact for 20 years then in 2016 he came back in my life unexpectedly. He's in a relationship but he and I have our own kind of "relationship" and love that's difficult for most people to understand. We are good friends, with almost daily contact.

Thanks for answering. How do you move past the ache? It’s almost as if there’s this pull between us. I just wish I could write it off and move on. How did you make peace with it? What’s your story?