Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
TaoZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
Yes, the phrase is about seeing when someone is just blowing steam out of their ***. Usually those kinds of people are gasbags.

precisely why I started this thread with total honesty about my newness to the concepts of Tao...not interested in BSing people :-p

-Kyo
Old 12-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know.

Imagine if Jesus had never spoken....because clearly he knew.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:58 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Welcome to the Talking Club.. those who know talk, those who don't know talk, the trick is identifying which is which.
Don't forget that those who are silent also talk.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
windwhistle

"Those who know don't talk, those who talk, don't know."

Kind of a pompous statement huh? Full of Eastern spiritual arrogance! Lol. I'm guilty of that too. Ahhhhh well...this is a great place for learning....it's usually those rude posters that **** me off and get under my skin that I actually learn something. Thanks to all you thorny and truthful people. Love ya. I don't know a heck of a lot and seem to learn really slowly. So what. The sky sure is a pretty blue today.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
The sky sure is a pretty blue today.
The Tao of Zen..

Be well..
Old 14-04-2011, 11:19 PM
LIFE

"Nothing is true because i say it.. it becomes true when you experience it as such..."

As a little aside, I'd like to comment on TzuJanLi's postscript:

The moment you listen to someone say some sort of "truth" about reality, it will inevitably influence (distort?) your experience of it.

Your experience is filtered, informed, and shaped by your perception, your perceptions through your beliefs, and your beliefs through what you have been taught (i.e., heard, so to speak).

This is why the same event can be experienced completely different by different people depending on their perception of reality, world-view, etc. If it has been said to someone that such-and such- event is "bad" then they are likely to have negative experience of the event. If another person has it said to them that this same event is "good" then they are likely to have a positive experience of it.

Which person's experience is "true"?

So, if you've ever had anyone (including any spiritual teacher/sage-past or present) say to you anything about reality, it essentially precludes you from any sort of "pure" unfettered experience of reality.

Unfortunately, experience is a rather unreliable guage of truth.

How many people have you heard say: "In my experience..." and then go on to describe something that you experienced completely differently.

Last edited by LIFE : 15-04-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 14-04-2011, 11:34 PM
windwhistle

There is no such thing as truth. It's like trying to comprehend infinity.

Perhaps it is best to watch light and shadows drift across my courtyard on an April afternoon and not bother myself with insanities.
Old 14-04-2011, 11:45 PM
LIFE

Quote:
There is no such thing as truth. It's like trying to comprehend infinity.

There has to be truth, not in terms of some abstract concept, but "Truth" as absolute reality.

But like you, I don't think that truth/ultimate reality can ever be comprehended, so in some respects it is the equivalent of it not existing.

One of the reasons we can't see it is that we are it. They eye can't see itself and the teeth can't chew themselves. Ultimate reality can't know itself.
Old 15-04-2011, 02:13 AM
windwhistle

I have read this before...Watts, I believe. And I have read Course in Miracles that says we ARE God and that we choose to separate from Truth because we can't know it while we ARE it...so we separate off to experience our ownness...not our oneness.

Perhaps this is where 'truth can only be experienced' comes in to play. Maybe experience is as you said... an illusion due to perception...but perhaps it is as close as we can get to truth in our earth-dream-human-state.

Ultimate Truth must be the realization of the Whole Thing.

The truth is who you are. We are it.

After re-reading and re-wording this post 20 times, I have come to the conclusion that Ultimate Truth can not be thought about, verbalized or intellectualized without getting a headache. I am confused.

Therefore I remain stupid and consider ordering a pizza for supper.

I thank you for your post. I love your approach to ultimate reality because it has shattered another precept I held about personal experience being the only way to truth. Now I am aware of yet another belief that I didn't come up with myself yet believed as tightly as cement between pavers. A young dandelion now grows from a tiny hole in that cement.

The less beliefs I have...the more innocent I feel. I think it is getting back to that uncarved block.

I know less now than I did an hour ago and damn it feels fine!
Old 21-04-2011, 09:58 PM
aser's homie

Quoted::dealing with, choosing the potentials oneself aims for will be the guide of life nevertheless.

Response:: I mean't to say that to have a grip is to have potential.

Quote::If someone has a friend and then moves on with time and improves within, how about that friend being left aside and behind? If oneself is better now than then, how did Tao apply as a result with it's peaces.

I mean't to say Tao will be needed with moving on and returning to things.
Quote::The main thing with the function of tao is the ease of comfort to and more so that. Life, will outgo according to how many privilages oneself allowed to be handled in the surrounding made evident.

I mean't to say that Tao is good alternative.