Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-04-2020, 03:08 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If the sacrifice is a lamb. as in this case a perfect lamb, would that in of itself qualify?
No it would not .

Especially if that's the nickname of a person
Old 26-04-2020, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,

He was promoting a return to the Father. We are all ‘prodigal sons’ to one degree or another.

I think the cross represents the egoic body, ( I am the body ).... Killing the ego through self realization is the Crucifixion and the ' True Self ' which arises is the Resurrection....
Old 26-04-2020, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think the cross represents the egoic body, ( I am the body).... Killing the ego through self realization is the Crucifixion and the ' True Self ' which arises is the Resurrection....

………….Amen.
Old 26-04-2020, 10:09 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicValet
I had brought this topic up in another forum. It did not go well...

"If believing He died for you could provide you an egress into a whole new life, could you?"

My point was, if you believed his crucifixion was for you, that it can release you from your pain, suffering and regrets, would your life change from there? The phrase "born again" is often used as an analogy for crossing the line between doubt and belief.

I invite our Christian Friends to extrapolate on the above and further explain the significance of the Cucifixion of Christ.

As always...Namaste.

I'd say don't let the crucifixion detract or distract from the core message of His teaching.

https://swamivivekanandaquotesgarden...ents_8298.html
Old 26-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think the cross represents the egoic body, ( I am the body ).... Killing the ego through self realization is the Crucifixion and the ' True Self ' which arises is the Resurrection....

Sky123,

That is very insightful and probably comes close to checking all the boxes. I particularly the specific mention of the ego. In my mind that makes it more palatable to a larger audience. The ego is a much more all encompassing term/concept than sin. Of course my only amendment is my preference for the term Christ realization rather than self realization.
Old 26-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Sky123,

That is very insightful and probably comes close to checking all the boxes. I particularly the specific mention of the ego. In my mind that makes it more palatable to a larger audience. The ego is a much more all encompassing term/concept than sin. Of course my only amendment is my preference for the term Christ realization rather than self realization.

I too prefer Christ realization, having the Mind of Christ.
Old 26-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky123,

And I understand your preference but I see it differently.
It's me and my idea of a separate self/false self that needs to be eradicated not Christ's, I can only kill my own ego through ' Self Realization ' and then the ' True Self ' is ' Resurrected ' . It was always there but hidden by the ego.
You can call the ' True Self ' whatever..... Christ/God/Source, I personally use Source.
Old 26-04-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'd say don't let the crucifixion detract or distract from the core message of His teaching.

https://swamivivekanandaquotesgarden...ents_8298.html
NICE POINT

The 'core message of his teaching' is something I would say most people are not aware of.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
NICE POINT

The 'core message of his teaching' is something I would say most people are not aware of.

BigJohn,

Perhaps it is simplistic to speak of “the core” message. After all the Apostle Paul said “we preach Christ crucified” .
Old 26-04-2020, 08:55 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
BigJohn,

Perhaps it is simplistic to speak of “the core” message. After all the Apostle Paul said “we preach Christ crucified” .

To be fair to John it was I who posited the crucifixion wasn't the core of Jesus' teaching.

Is my understanding simplistic? Perhaps, but notice my handle. LOL! Oh, I'm also a rebel and I think Jesus would understand...

Question: Do you think the only way to salvation is through strict acceptance of and adherence to religious doctrine? If the answer is yes what about those never exposed to said doctrine? Or someone who only heard Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and was ignorant of his crucifixion?

What I'm saying is there's a massive body of Jesus' teaching of brotherhood, oneness, divinity and unity capped by one horrific day.