Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Elfin

Could I be so brave?

Hi all.... This is something that has been on my mind for a while, and I can't stop thinking about it.I keep thinking about when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac. And he went to do it. Could I or anyone actually do that? My little grandson is called Isaac and there is no way that I could ever do that. I simply couldn't. Does that make me bad? Human?...just a random thought... Interested in replys ...
Old 07-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Master
I don't know the story from the bible. But a god asking someone to kill their own child doesn't make sense does it. Nice name Isaac btw.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't know the story from the bible. But a god asking someone to kill their own child doesn't make sense does it. Nice name Isaac btw.
Hi..he was asked by God to sacrifice his son to prove his loyalty to God. Just before he killed his son God stopped him... He had proven his loyalty and Isaac was spared...... If God appeared to me tonight and asked me to do same I just couldn't...or would I " pretend" to do it?.... Good grief... These are the kind of thoughts that spin round my head!!!!.... P.s Thank you...I think it's a lovely name too...
Old 07-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
These are the kind of thoughts that spin round my head!!!!

Join the club! I was thinking about a body with no senses earlier! I'm now watching cake videos, aahh
Old 07-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Join the club! I was thinking about a body with no senses earlier! I'm now watching cake videos, aahh
Hmmmmmmm..... Now let me think.... Thinking about cakes, or sacrificing my grandson.. no brained... Come on Isaac .. get your coat on lol.. IM ONLY KIDDING.. please excuse my dry sense of humour... This is why I was drowned in a duck pond in a former life no doubt. Enjoy the cakes !
Old 07-03-2020, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi all.... This is something that has been on my mind for a while, and I can't stop thinking about it.I keep thinking about when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac. And he went to do it. Could I or anyone actually do that? My little grandson is called Isaac and there is no way that I could ever do that. I simply couldn't. Does that make me bad? Human?...just a random thought... Interested in replys ...

The story is a Metaphor Elfin, not to be taken literally
Your Grandsons safe.....
Old 07-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Master

The part of the original post that had the most impact on me was the idea that Abraham could be considered "brave" for being ready to do that killing. Even metaphorically speaking ... That was nothing to aspire for. Humanity's history, including the present, is full of abominable deeds committed from blind faith. That can't be "the" way.

Anyway, my advice is not to follow, nor believe those who tell you what to do, or what to think, but those who teach you how to learn to make your own decisions. Follow not those who give you fish, but those who teach you fishing.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin

hi elfin, it wasn't about the sacrifice, or even about courage. It was question.
How far are you willing to go? Will you take this all the way to the end, or will you just say whatever you think will please me without really meaning it? The answer was given and then God spared the child.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:52 AM
Master

Holy cow...the mind truely boggles.

There is no way that God the Heavenly Father would ask a person to sacrifice a living sentient being.

Also there is no need for God the Heavenly Father to test Abraham's faith whatsoever. God would already know of Abraham's level of faith. So it would be a pointless unloving exercise.

And also if Abraham believed that God wanted him to sacrifice a living being & then actually set out to do so, then there is something wrong with Abraham's mentality & quality of Soul'self.

And any persons, that consider that the biblical story of God asking Abraham to sacrifice a sentient being, is true. Then those persons do not understand the all Holy, all Loving & all merciful way of the Heavenly Father Christ entity & of the Christ entities WAY OF LOVE.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:00 AM
Master

never mind.