Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Master
Why the aversion to people who claim Godhood?

What is the aversion to people claiming they are God?

The people who say "we are all God". Each of us is THE ONE. Each of us is God, the infinite God, made manifest.

Why is there such a resistance?

please refrain from 1-2 sentence replies. I don't want to hear "the ego" either. If the ego is part of your answer, fine, but if it's your only answer please keep it to yourself. We have all thought that before but clearly there is more to it than that.
Old 18-08-2017, 05:16 AM
Master
Because we have been led to believe it is blasphemous to say that by religion and the powers that want to control us.

Also then people would have to take responsilibilty for the shape the world is in.
Old 18-08-2017, 05:56 AM
Master
When someone says, "I am God" I consider it to mean that the person is acknowledging their divinity within. It brings to mind a rhetorical question in the OT (and I can't remember exactly where it is) that asks, "Know ye not that ye are gods?" This serves me as a reminder where I came from and that all of us have a divine spark within that needs to be nurtured and developed. It can take a leap of faith to acknowledge that we are divine while living in mortality.

Religion either ignores the rhetorical question and if not, then put it someplace in the future so far away that it appears out of reach and unattainable. As to why this is so I can only speculate which I don't want to do.

So go ahead, claim your divinity and work on nurturing that spark you were born with.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 18-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Master
Seems I forgot to say a word or two about the aversion to claiming one's divinity. To make such a bold statement of "I am God" seems to have a stigma concerning the person who said it. The person could be thought of as egotistic and/or mentally unbalanced so lock up the person in an institution while his/her mentality is brought to what society calls normal. That fear alone could be enough not to consider the divine from which we came.

Another fear could be based on being socially acceptable with family and friends in order not to be ostracised from any group. If one says "I am God" to a group of friends, they might think,"Who is this weirdo I'm hanging with? Not going to keep this person as a friend because s/he doesn't think the same way I do." Another reaction might be, "This has got to be joke, right?"

I think fear of making a bold claim like that is deep rooted in society so not much is discussed about claiming one's divinity, if it's discussed at all, while in this life. A huge maybe of claiming it in the afterlife?

An interesting topic for sure which may be a modern taboo due to societal conditioning.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 18-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Experiencer
That is just stupid theory and is self cycled. You say you are god, and when somebody says proove me, he say i don't have to proove anything, becouse i am god and exactly what i am and how it should be, so for my opinion it goes just for some feeling, that you justify yourself to yourself and can accept. It has nothing to do with god and also i can't say god exist and here again theory kick in again, becouse you are god and everything is god. Beh.. :)
Old 18-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Master
Just the same way that meeting your heroes can be disappointing someone claiming to be "God" multiplies that a millionfold.

In the west God is the almighty father of all creation. He created the sky, land & sea. Light & darkness, life, is the lord of heaven. Gavin from number 30 doesn't really fit this image very well ....

As a species we have followed leaders into chaos at every level be it military, politics, music or faith so I would hope that on many levels we instantly pull back when someone claims to be god.

Look at David Icke, he would go on to have an extraordinary amount of valid points (and some fringe) but the moment he claimed godhood he was a laughing stock.

Eastern mentality would interpret God differently which the great Alan Watt is wonderful at explaining to a western audience. If we are all divine because we are the universe claiming to be God is accurate .. from a certain point of view (thanks Obi Wan).

Perhaps the geographical location of the person making the claim is a large factor in gauging reaction?
Old 18-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Guide

To claim one's rightful place as "being one with God" or "filled with the God-spirit" is one thing. Such a claim is not likely to be heard with alarm or disdain or any negative reaction.

To claim one is "the God" implies that the individual believes themselves to be the ultimate power in the Universe. Not a part of it, but IT. This it the sort of claim that starts alarm bells ringing in people's minds.

Would God actually choose to walk the Earth as one physical being? Doubtful, at least in my opinion. As many physical beings? That seems a lot less limiting and confining.

So I would say the aversion to those who claim to "be God" is largely about how they present it, and what their perceived meaning is.
Old 19-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
What is the aversion to people claiming they are God?

The people who say "we are all God". Each of us is THE ONE. Each of us is God, the infinite God, made manifest.

Why is there such a resistance?

please refrain from 1-2 sentence replies. I don't want to hear "the ego" either. If the ego is part of your answer, fine, but if it's your only answer please keep it to yourself. We have all thought that before but clearly there is more to it than that.

Hi shivatar,

Ok...3 sentences and no mention of ego (oops!).

Depends on pov....
1) It's insanity for rational materialists.

2) It's blasphemy for conventional dualistic religionists.

3) Even for consciously dedicated spiritual aspirants...
it is merely intellectual speculation for those who haven't integrally
and fully realized what amounts in that case to conceptual theory.
So, in many ways, the issue can be problematic to 'group cohesion', according to what the basis is.

~ J
Old 20-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Master
I just had an idea.

There is not only an outter aversion to the claim "I am God", but there is also an inner aversion. The ego doesn't like that statement.

if you say "I am God" the ego will battle you. It will say "prove it". And when you act out of spontaniety the ego will say things like "look at how you act! God wouldn't act like this! you are not god! clearly!".

I think every single one of us realize this on a deep level. That we are it. The mystery. The infinite. GOD! Perhaps part of the rules of incarnation is we must all agree "ok, you can't go around claiming you are the one, that would ruin the illusion for everybody else". And we all have this sub-conscious agreement, for reasons unknown, that we will all keep our ultimate identity a secret. That we will all do our best to make do with what we have (the ego) and not use our forbidden powers (God powers).

If someone manages somehow to tap into their God powers (no idea what god powers are... sounds cool tho. lol) and can finally self-realize and say with convinction "I AM GODDDD" or maybe "i am god!" or... "i am god -_-" lol. If someone manages to break the spell, suddenly everyone else and their ego is like "if I can't do it, you can't. you are not God. You are not God because I can't be God, so you can't". And that is the end of it. their ego is such a strong pursuader that they lose the battle before they realize a battle is taking place.
Old 20-08-2017, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
That is just stupid theory and is self cycled. You say you are god, and when somebody says proove me, he say i don't have to proove anything, becouse i am god and exactly what i am and how it should be, so for my opinion it goes just for some feeling, that you justify yourself to yourself and can accept. It has nothing to do with god and also i can't say god exist and here again theory kick in again, becouse you are god and everything is god. Beh.. :)

The deeper you go into the rabbit hole (of spirituality and the infinite mystery) the more you realize that it is true.

Understanding how it can be true is difficult.
Understanding why can be difficult.

But just accepting that it can be possible... I mean I see so much wonder and mystery in the world I find it mind-boggling how a person can not believe what I do and see what I do.