Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Seeker

Lord Shiva ...

Greetings,
I have a case.

Assume that dark spirits are destroying your life and are trying to take your soul....

What is the best approach to save yourself through LORD SHIVA... Which mantra to use, how to pray ... and so on...what to do ?

Also, from what I've read even though SHIVA is a being, he also exists in me as my "Inner self" .... Am I right ?
Old 09-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmode
Greetings,
I have a case.

Assume that dark spirits are destroying your life and are trying to take your soul....

What is the best approach to save yourself through LORD SHIVA... Which mantra to use, how to pray ... and so on...what to do ?

Also, from what I've read even though SHIVA is a being, he also exists in me as my "Inner self" .... Am I right ?

In my view, the best way to protect yourself from 'dark spirits' is a healthy lifestyle. Devas don't really like unhealthy, and prefer to hang out where the atmosphere is pure. So vegetarianism, avoidance of alcohol totally, have good thoughts.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings,
I have a case.

Namaste and welcome to the forums.

I can't add much to what Vinayaka has said (he tended to forget us tantriks exist though) but there is no limit as to who/what Lord Shiva is.

If you wish to pray to Lord Shiva, please allow me to recommend a book:

Lord Siva and His Worship - Swami Sivananda.

However, as far as 'dark spirits' and Lord Shiva goes, I like to remember that Lord Shiva is the 'boss' of them all anyway - He isn't called Bhuteshwara for nothing and I like to say; "back off or I'll report you to the one you also pray to".

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 10-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Master
In addition, I'm going to respectfully disagree with Vinayaka in the case of Lord Shiva.

Lord Shiva appeals to the tamasic (gross) qualities within people. If he hung around 'pure things', he wouldn't spend so much of His time in the śmaśānam, he wouldn't be followed around by legions of bhutas and he wouldn't appear as a yaksha to his enemies and sincerest devotees alike.

Suffice to say, I worship Lord Shiva in this aspect mostly. There are no mantras, no 'right ways' when one worships Mahakaal himself! Lord Shiva isn't really a 'being of Light', let's just put it that way, but through Lord Shiva, the Light can be found within by embracing and then transcending all of the apparent and inherent dualities of existence.

When one is fully engaged in the worship of Lord Shiva, dark spirits become very respectful towards you I have found and they have even called me 'sister' or 'mother'. Lord Shiva has also appeared to me in Mahakaal form and I wasn't even phased in the slightest. He said he was going to kill me, but I was like 'bring it' because we both know full well that being slain by a God = Moksha. Suffice to say, I passed the test and he appeared to me as Bholenath after that - I was disappointed by that. lol

Truth be told, all these 'dark spirits' and 'negative attachments' are self-created fear based thought forms and tulpas anyway. They come from our subconscious mind and even if they do not, they are still bound by laws dealing with their interaction with humans and I have read the akashic records in regards to this. I also used to communicate with them through EVP and ITC techniques and they tried everything to ruffle my feathers and instill fear and all I could say was "oh hai Shiva...I love you".

Where there is love, devotion or even the realisation that you are not the mind, not the body, not even the soul, these dark beings cannot even take a foothold OR you can use them to your own advantage, as long as the detachment and the distance is kept so you don't allow yourself to become personally and emotionally invested in it.

I allow myself to get possessed from time to time by 'dark spirits' but I have my boundaries and I have protection, so they know they will do my bidding and not have me do theirs.

However, I wouldn't be Tantric if I didn't offer you some practical advice in regards to all of this, so here we go:

Get yourself a Bhairav Yantra:

Mantra:

Shiva Namah Am Tham Nasi Masi

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 10-08-2017, 12:28 AM
Seeker

Interesting...

Those spirits claim that rule our world.I've seen how they use food, music, entertainment...television and public life to manipulate ordinary people... It took me an year to find out that what they want is the soul....But nevermind....

Thank you for the mantra...This "bhairav Yantra" ... can I print it out and use it ?
Old 10-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Interesting...

Those spirits claim that rule our world.I've seen how they use food, music, entertainment...television and public life to manipulate ordinary people... It took me an year to find out that what they want is the soul....But nevermind....

Thank you for the mantra...This "bhairav Yantra" ... can I print it out and use it ?
Yes you can print it out and use it, but it's better if you get yourself one...it works either way though, realistically.

Put it another way, if 'your' soul already belongs to Lord Shiva, there's not much these entities can do about that to claim it.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yes you can print it out and use it, but it's better if you get yourself one...it works either way though, realistically.

Put it another way, if 'your' soul already belongs to Lord Shiva, there's not much these entities can do about that to claim it.

Right.... :)
From time to time I have this doubt that Shiva is a living being and I look at him as if he is just a source of energy of some kind....But not a personality...I got this fate-problem...

I want to believe!! :)
Old 10-08-2017, 01:37 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
In my view, the best way to protect yourself from 'dark spirits' is a healthy lifestyle. Devas don't really like unhealthy, and prefer to hang out where the atmosphere is pure. So vegetarianism, avoidance of alcohol totally, have good thoughts.

Yes, especially alcohole...it's critical
Old 10-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Right.... :)
From time to time I have this doubt that Shiva is a living being and I look at him as if he is just a source of energy of some kind....But not a personality...I got this fate-problem...

I want to believe!! :)
Namaste.

How Lord Shiva reveals himself to you personally is the way it was meant to be. A lot of people have problems with what we call Shiva's "saguna" aspect (i.e Shiva in human/personal form) but I do not. I have seen it and I know it.

I like to think of it this way; the 'living being' of Shiva only represents what He is in pure essence.

I have light brown hair, green eyes, an olive complexion and I like to wear saffron robes, my rudraksha and parad malas...all of those things make up what I look like, but it is not 'me'. However, to love me in totality, includes loving what I look like, with the whole realisation that is not who I really am, it's only that part of me I outwardly display to others.

Thus, I can worship Shiva as a 'living being' and as 'a part of me' and as a 'cosmic energy' (purusha) as well as His Maya (prakriti). Shiva is Shakti and Shakti is Shiva.

All of those demons that influence people via way of media, TV, music, food etc...well, that's not real. It is a false perception of reality...it is mithya and so is any perception of Shiva whatsoever, however the former leads to bondage, to suffering and the latter leads to liberation. Thus I shall still worship Lord Shiva's Maya with all my heart (that isn't really 'mine' anyway). lol

Wanting to believe is the first step.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste and welcome to the forums.

I can't add much to what Vinayaka has said (he tended to forget us tantriks exist though) but there is no limit as to who/what Lord Shiva is.

If you wish to pray to Lord Shiva, please allow me to recommend a book:

Lord Siva and His Worship - Swami Sivananda.

However, as far as 'dark spirits' and Lord Shiva goes, I like to remember that Lord Shiva is the 'boss' of them all anyway - He isn't called Bhuteshwara for nothing and I like to say; "back off or I'll report you to the one you also pray to".

Aum Namah Shivaya

I just downloaded the book!!! So good!