Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 20-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Master
Personal Blends

And so it was, my mother went on eBay and bought $500 worth of essential oils, carrier oils, glass vials and labels.

I've been having fun all afternoon creating my own 'signature perfumes' and my flat smells like a florist shop.

The one I am wearing right now (my favourite blend):

Carrier oil - grapeseed
Top notes - musk and peach
Middle note - vanilla
Bottom note - coconut

It smells like I am eating a peach crumble - I could eat myself.

I made another:

Carrier oil - almond
Top note - sweet orange
Middle note - lavender
Bottom note - sandalwood

A very heady, yet relaxing aromatic blend.

What essential oils do you like mixing together?
Old 20-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Guide
I had a go at creating a perfume / room spray the other day. In a base of rose water, I put rose absolute, geranium and ylang ylang. It's lush!
Old 25-05-2017, 05:34 AM
Master

I mixed tea tree and lavender in a dish of water for a cleaning solution the other day.. turns out lavender makes an excellent and nice smelling fly catcher...
I caught about 20 flys in one afternoon.

Ps your mixes sound delicious
Old 29-07-2017, 04:40 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
And so it was, my mother went on eBay and bought $500 worth of essential oils, carrier oils, glass vials and labels.

I've been having fun all afternoon creating my own 'signature perfumes' and my flat smells like a florist shop.

The one I am wearing right now (my favourite blend):

Carrier oil - grapeseed
Top notes - musk and peach
Middle note - vanilla
Bottom note - coconut

It smells like I am eating a peach crumble - I could eat myself.

I made another:

Carrier oil - almond
Top note - sweet orange
Middle note - lavender
Bottom note - sandalwood

A very heady, yet relaxing aromatic blend.

What essential oils do you like mixing together?

These sound so amazing. I like grapeseed oil as a carrier too. :) I have been using a lot of ylang ylang lately but haven't found anything I think will go with it yet.

Lemongrass and sage was the last one I mixed. I always get iffy with that third oil. :) Thanks for sharing these!
Old 06-08-2017, 02:53 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I like to experiment, and when I find combinations that do something for me, I add the medley to my personal list and keep a bottle of it stocked. I have several, though. Lately in the morning I find that I really enjoy waking up to a combination of orange, rosemary and a touch of peppermint. A lot of medleys I experience for the first time when whipping stuff together for other people. I had been collecting tidbits of conversation from my neighbor for several months to give me clues as to what she might like, and in the end I combined cedar and lavender with a touch of clove and a touch of patchouli. She really liked it, but so did I, haha. So wound up making us both a bottle.