Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 04-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Weird energy shift after yoga

I recently attended a yoga day at a local studio, and after the first session during the relaxation part I felt a physical shift of energy inside my body twice, it felt like a big thud and as if my body was putting itself back in the right place, and then that evening I stirred a little from my sleep and had a kind of vision/feeling of dark black energy leaving my body, has anybody had a similar experience? Or know what this could have been?

Thanks
Old 22-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Seeker
Sounds positive. Has your character shifted in anyway also? Many Thanks
Old 09-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Experiencer
It sounds like your body went through an energy balancing or clearing. Not a lot has been said about it in regards to yoga but that is a big part of yoga - it helps open your chakras (afterall, it did originate in india) which is your body's energy centers. Keeping your body physically fit is only one benefit/aspect of yoga.

So... you experienced something for your highest good. I've not experienced this before through yoga (i've only spent a few months practicing), but I've felt energy shifting in my body after meditation before and I've been practicing for over 2 years. I also want to suggest drinking more water. (I studied reiki which is a an energy balancing system and that is what I am told when I go in for a session -- to drink plenty of water afterwards during the following week.)
Old 24-07-2018, 04:56 AM
Experiencer

I did not have such an experience. But I guess the energy is moving.
Old 24-07-2018, 09:03 AM
Ascender
I was on a few year hiatus from my hot yoga practice until this past spring.

I worked my way through hatha classes into power. I love them both but I am definitely a vinyassa flow/ashtanga person.

When I reached my 15th class, as I laid in savasana, I began to feel like I was coming out of my body. It was like a thud and from my third eye, expanding across my head and shooting through my body, I finally felt this blissful detachment from everything I had been hanging onto over the years. You see, I forgot about my practice. This thud was amazing. I feel so much more open and receptive.

I do believe you went through an energy shift. It's totally possible. Flowing with body, mind and breath cleanses your energy, allowing it to pass.

Keep it up!