Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 27-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Ascender
Any electronic wizards out there?

One drawback from the Stagg amplifier, if drawback is the right word, the guitar signal is too clean. The Stagg does have a passive/active switch to give some overdrive but like most guitarists who like to play lead, there needs to be plenty of Fuzz.

I was reading a really good online article about the difference between overdrive, distortion, and fuzz. And how when using operational amplifier (solid state Integrated silicon chips), the diode limiting pre-amps used to create the fuzz effect can have a wide variety of usable circuit configurations.

For example, usually I would build the circuit with symmetry in mind, so that the output signal is equally clipped both positively and negatively. However the beauty of fuzz is to skew and warp and distort the signal any which way you can. Therefore symmetry is not really essential.

This is like saying that there are lots of possible flavours to the ice-cream - vanilla being not the only one. And for a guitarist/electronic enthusiast this has limitless and exciting possibilities.

Even LED's can be used to clip the signal. Fancy that!
With the sound of the fuzz there can also be a burst of colour, WOW!

So tomorrow it's a trip to Maplin electronix store, where I'll be like a kid in a sweetie shop.

Amp, guitar, DAW ... bag of sweets!
It's going to be a GREAT autumn.

Old 27-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Two amps!

One of the best sound effects I know is to mic one amp into the other. It creates a warmth and tone not found from any effect pedal. Of course a mixer console is essential to give good balance and control. Also, with a good mixing desk you would be able to channel the guitar through the bigger amplifier into the smaller amplifier. That should reduce the loudness but keep the power quality of the heavier amp.

Finally assembled my amplifier and it works just fine. The toaster pick up on the guitar is not as lo-fi as I had imagined, and sounds pretty good. The tone control isn't working properly and need to open up the guitar again when I can find the time.

So, does anyone DAW with their guitar?

That sounds like a good idea! I was reading up about ground loops the other day. Perhaps I will try connecting up my Blackstar Fly amp. My reverb pedal has stereo out.

I'll have to put an audio interface on the list at some point.