Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-08-2017, 04:25 PM
boshy b. good

thread : love?

conquer the feel, don't stop,
Old 06-08-2017, 01:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Years ago, in one of my first OBE experiences, I met a being that was emanating almost indescriptible feelings of happiness, safety, infinitum, love. I've never felt something close to that neither in my waking state, nor in my dreaming, nor during my projections.

When I hear others talking about the "love" with which we are welcomed on other planes of existence, I imagine they refer to something like what I experienced then.

I neither believe, nor disbelieve, that "love" is the all encompassing feeling over there. I just don't know.

What I wonder, as object of this thread, is that even believing that that kind of "love" is what expects us in the afterlife, after each life, or at the end of a long string of perfecting incarnations, I wonder if "love" is what we are supposed to do, or to learn in this life. I'm referring here to "love" for the sake of love, unconditional love towards all, without expecting or desiring reciprocity, undiscerning love spread around, as I infer from others' stated beliefs.

The way I understand karma, which supposedly gauges our progress on our journey, manifests at thought, desire, and actions levels. When our thoughts, desires, or actions aren't up to snuff we get corrected.

I understand, and subscribe, to the concept of not hating anybody. But I have difficulties with the concept of loving everybody, and acting with love toward everybody. I think that we have to be discerning with our feelings, thoughts and, desires, actions.

I think that being understanding toward others doesn't mean being indulgent to them, being forgiving toward others doesn't mean giving them a pass in every situation, both for their benefit, and for the benefit of the others.

As an example, being indulgent and forgiving with a criminal, is bad not only for him not receiving the feedback, and interfering with his karma, causing him most likely to accumulate more negative karma when recidivating, but it is even worse for his probable future innocent victims.

As in most situations, there aren't only black-and-white situations, judgements, decisions, so there are more valid possibilities than "love = good", or "lack-of-love = not-good". You can still fell and act lovingly, but proportionally appropriate to the situation.

Without expanding on it, I find amusing, sometimes ridiculous, how some people who express love for the less fortunate (be it health wise, wealth wise, or anything else), at the same time hate those who don't share their attitude. They are also proof that, at least on our physical plane, unconditional, indiscriminate love isn't neither achievable, nor desirable.

There are a lot of discussions on this and other forums about being spiritual, who is spiritual (good), and who isn't (bad). I don't think that being "spiritual" means being a "loving" person. And, definitely, if you feel hate of any kind, you aren't "spiritual" yet!

For some time already I've been searching for why we are here, what are we supposed to do, what do we have to learn and improve. At first I had no clue. Over the years I started to form opinions, I adjusted and changed them, and I feel I made progress. I don't like to take others' word for it based only on faith, or if it sounds nice.

Being mistaken with the best intentions still adds to your negative karma.

I just touched on this in another post but the way you were describing that feeling of love happened to me with one person. It was 8 years ago and I was with her for about 8 months. The relationship ended when she went to Colorado (from California) to pursuit her Masters Degree. Before or after her I have never met someone I was truly spiritually connected with. Being apart was hard for both of us. I never truly felt so free being in someone's company (which is probably why I end all of my attempts at relationships). Nothing has measured up in my heart or soul like it did with this woman. She felt the same way and I honestly could have proposed to her after 8 months. I've never even come close to that with anyone else and have dated women longer. Amazing thing is that neither of us married. I recently got back in contact and we are going to see each other next week. Fingers crossed that this is some little twist of fate.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:16 AM
Master
from baro-san, post #13 on 08-02-2017:
Quote:
I'm saying that indiscriminate love can't be what we're supposed to learn. Even more, indiscriminate love is a bad thing when enables others' negative actions; it generates negative karma, and you're responsible for its consequences.
i say that indiscriminate love may indeed be a worthy lesson to learn.
love honors life, in whatever form it may take. those exhibiting bad
behavior cannot learn the value of loving intentions if they are aren't
exposed to the experiencing of it. withholding love doesn't increase it.
i submit that love does not "enable" anything "bad"; it does support
free-will, and that allows for the freedom of choice... choices may be made
out of accord with well-being, but those choices are the sole responsibility
of the choosers (otherwise the universe itself could be held to blame for
having allowed the poor choice maker to exist).
Old 06-08-2017, 03:18 AM
Master
best wishes for you on your reconnection Jude96.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
best wishes for you on your reconnection Jude96.

Thank you... hoping for the best...

...and I while-heartedly agree with the free will that goes along with love; I think this also includes that sense of 100% and utter trust if we're speaking of romantic love...
Old 06-08-2017, 03:52 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

In my perception, love is sort of like a prism. Its presence creates the potential for any and all other emotions to activate/manifest. For example, even in many cases of war, in which people have done rather horrible things, many of those people were motivated by love, love for their own people and family, who they perceived to be threatened, and so they sought to vanquish the threat. This is why also in my perception, love alone is not enough, nor is it inherently benevolent or benign without proper nurturing, temperance and guidance. Beautiful and amazing, yes, but just like a young child, it is both precious and vulnerable and requires great care. I also do not believe in the concept of karma within the discussion context I most often see it used. In my perception there are a great many people who are suffering but who do not in any way 'deserve' that suffering. Likewise, there are many people who are quite fortunate in some ways, but who did not necessarily 'earn' that fortune more so than many who are much less fortunate. The closest concept to karma that I harbor, is that different types of situations and experiences offer different types of opportunities for different types of personal growth, but still the individual must be open to those opportunities and open to that growth, in order to seize it.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToad
In my perception, love is sort of like a prism. Its presence creates the potential for any and all other emotions to activate/manifest. For example, even in many cases of war, in which people have done rather horrible things, many of those people were motivated by love, love for their own people and family, who they perceived to be threatened, and so they sought to vanquish the threat. This is why also in my perception, love alone is not enough, nor is it inherently benevolent or benign without proper nurturing, temperance and guidance. Beautiful and amazing, yes, but just like a young child, it is both precious and vulnerable and requires great care. I also do not believe in the concept of karma within the discussion context I most often see it used. In my perception there are a great many people who are suffering but who do not in any way 'deserve' that suffering. Likewise, there are many people who are quite fortunate in some ways, but who did not necessarily 'earn' that fortune more so than many who are much less fortunate. The closest concept to karma that I harbor, is that different types of situations and experiences offer different types of opportunities for different types of personal growth, but still the individual must be open to those opportunities and open to that growth, in order to seize it.
well said....
Old 06-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Master
I'd say, after all I've experienced and seen, that Love is why we are here. But, I also don't know.

And that Unconditional Love doesn't have to be just in the "afterlife." We can experience it for ourselves and as reality.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 PM
boshy b. good

i suggest it's the looking out that sets people up, look deep, inside, as
relieved, toward carefreeing all the messing up nosea, give up to
rested at day to day going to give out points, that awkwids love

jesus : yup. awkwid is the way to ascended peace