Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Guide

Thank you Sorai. I've never heard of Spiritual Response Therapy so I'll look into it. Funny, Qigong has been coming up a lot for me lately and I've been looking into that as well.
Old 15-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Newbie ;)

@Sorai, that sounds lovely.

@Lucky, I'm still questing in this field. I will say that any videos you will find on YouTube don't give as much info into the means of how to get a result, as much as it does in defining the field itself and addressing the significant correlations. His book(s) provide much more practicality. Their's and a lot of other's work in this area deal with identifying that a trend or pattern in the way we act, relationships, events we attract, and so on, are often the result of behaviours we picked up in our early childhood, therefore largely unconscious, and ultimately as a survival adaption so to cope with a trauma, seek and obtain a lacking affection or a desire for attention, etc. Based on the trends we see in the present, we can hopefully zone in on the precise root of the adaptation and find ways to consciously override it. Kind of an epigenetic therapy if you will. They say achieving awareness of the disease-causing adaptive behaviour(s) is half the battle as the awareness can often be the catalyst for a change.

Last edited by taoistscholar_v2 : 16-02-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 16-02-2019, 01:20 AM
Guide

Taoistscholar....I watched one video on YouTube by Gabor Mates...this man is brilliant! Thank you!!
Old 16-02-2019, 05:59 AM
Knower

When I first began self-healing I used 'The Emotion Code' http://home.hccnet.nl/pbl.smit/Bradl...otion_Code.pdf

You could ask yes or no questions and then once you got closer to the date you'd intuitively know the reason for the trapped emotion. After doing the magnetic release I would get goosebumps or shaky, which is an indication of energy being released. You may not immediately experience the emotion but you may be touchy afterwards like even a week later so it's hard to pinpoint down on whether the emotion was brought to the surface but the healing does occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
...but my question is, if the trapped emotion surfaces as a memory of the event and you find yourself analyzing it and picking it apart yet you still can't uncover the root cause, how is it released? Through talk therapy? With that being said, are all of the other above methods effective if the emotion is never brought to your consciousness?

I think memories could actually be a root cause to having a trapped emotion. The memory is stored and imbued with the strong emotion based on your interpretation of the event that then becomes trapped.

Sometimes when memories surface they might be brought up for a lot of reasons. If you are doing things like reiki or other healing it may simply be resurfacing from your subconscious and once you consciously acknowledge it, analysation better off not being used, then the acknowledgement itself brings about the healing or release. So, yes, that could be accompanied by a release of emotions or leading you to cry but also it may bring about an energetic release in the form of feeling goosebumpy or shaky. Personally, I think analysation can stop the healing event in its tracks. Its better use is in hindsight.

Depending on the method I think the modalities can indeed be effective but the most important thing to note is how do you know that emotion has not been brought up to your consciousness? It doesn't always happen immediately.

I couldn't always be certain I'd gotten to the root cause but that didn't mean that the type of healing I had was ineffective. I think it's just important to continue to try different modalities for releasing and to journal (to keep track or reflect) until you feel whole within yourself.

Personally, the modalities or areas I experienced emotional and energetic release are: The Emotion Code, You Can Heal Your Life - Louise Hay (the work before the affirmations), Akashic Records Reading, seeing a Past Life Regressionist, Reiki. Even just thinking about wanting to forgive someone manifested a positive event, which then triggered a big emotional release. So, thought in itself is a powerful tool to bring about a release.

Usually, for me, a genuine release is always accompanied with an intuitive notion of why this is happening so, that is more or less the root cause and the surfacing and releasing in itself is acknowledged on both levels conscious and subconscious and therefore complete. If time has passed and you don't feel any better then try something else.

Heal yourself and you heal the world

~
Old 16-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Master

Trapped emotions. What do they come from? You seem to not know. There are two modalities that come to mind.

One is regression therapy to find out why you have trapped emotions. Maybe from your childhood or from a previous lifetime.

The other is what I did to heal from childhood trauma. I'd call that trapped emotions. I was carrying around rage for decades. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your question but I will go ahead and post this anyway just in case.

I tried traditional counseling and it did nothing for me. So I worked on it my self.

I'm cutting and pasting here Lucky. I wrote this a long time ago and just post it when needed.

I'm 65 years of age. I have no anger issues, fear issues, panic issues or psychotic episodes anymore. It's all healed.

As I always say on this forum, I was told to forgive those who abused me. I thought that was an absurd statement. It would be like abandoning everything I ever went through and invalidate me. Just stamp "cancel" on my forehead, why don't you.

I refused to forgive them. Instead, I forgave myself. For arms that weren't strong enough to fight back, for legs not long enough to run away, for whatever behaviors that attracted these people to me, for being born a girl, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time..the list goes on. I healed myself that way. It took a few years but I made it.

I learned to nurture and love myself. Once I was healed I was balanced again. Then healing and letting go of those who had abused me was natural. Because I took care of myself first. It was my choice to let go of all of them. And I can't describe the lifting of that burden from my shoulders. It was a massive amount of weight I had been carrying around all my life. All gone.

When my childhood memories surfaced when I was in my 30's I was kicking and screaming. I wanted to do it on my terms, in my time. I didn't want to remember and I did. But I wasn't given that choice. God or whatever you want to call the Creative Force said, "It's time."

I had very little professional counseling. I thought their methods distracted me. I did most of my healing myself. And I'm here to tell you, even if you go through a professional you will still have to come to terms with your damage yourself. Only you can heal yourself. But it takes a very lot of time. But well worth.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Guide

Taoistscholar: Agreed...knowing and recognizing the pattern is half the battle, which I have come to realize fairly recently. I'm at the point now where I'm like, ok...sooo...now what?

Taurus: I read The Emotion Code and stumbled upon a practitioner offering free demonstrations at a mind body spirit fair. The woman worked so quickly and spoke so quickly as she was muscle testing me to narrow in on a block she found. Turns out my "heart wall" is 19 miles thick! She traced it back to an age and a few specific emotions and she was spot on with a major life event I experienced during that time (early 20's)! I could not have consciously followed what she was aiming for because she asked my subconscious questions so quickly using the suggested method (is the emotion in column 1 or 2 etc.). She then ran the magnet bar down my spine and confirmed I lost a whole quarter mile from my heart wall by releasing that emotion (rolling my eyes). When I consciously recalled the events of that time in my life I did not feel sad or anything, however I am wise enough to know that that event in my life was one of many in this pattern so it didn't result in a profound change moving forward. Granted it was a free demo, but my inner skeptic isn't sold on this method actually working that easily...especially when I googled practitioners in my area and saw the vast difference in prices per session some were charging.
By the way...loved Louise Hay's book You can Heal Your Life.

Linen53:
Does Regression Therapy involve hypnosis? This definitely stems from childhood, and possibly carried over from a past life...heck, I'm sure that's why I'm here yet again to work on healing it. Regarding talk therapy, I agree it would get me nowhere. I talk it all out in my mind already, and I can't imagine a therapist would offer anymore than some "mm hmm's" and suggesting I journal.
I love your old post you've pasted here, especially your interpretation of forgiving others, and instead forgiving yourself. That method of forgiving others had me stumped too...it was as if I was condoning their mistreatment of me in a way. Sure, I can forgive them to an extent, in a way that I can understand that their actions weren't directed towards me specifically and they must've had some troubling life experiences of their own to cause that type of behavior. However we are all capable of making a conscious choice to work on ourselves...so if I'm willing to do the work, why aren't they? That's when I came to a similar conclusion as you did to just forgive myself for not having the strength or the voice to speak up/stand up for myself at that time. In fact, I can be grateful for the rough experiences and lessons they've brought me.
It is easier I find to adopt this viewpoint as it relates to experiences in adulthood, but not so easy for what we may have experienced as children. We can't as easily make sense out of what we were truly feeling during that time, and it's likely that we fragmented that part of little selves off because we didn't know how to deal otherwise.
On a final note, I agree only we can heal ourselves in the end...and I suppose there's many methods or ways of going about it, it's just finding the one that clicks with you.
Old 19-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Master

Yes, regression therapy involves hypnosis. You can do it yourself. There are many You Tube videos out there but truthfully, I'd recommend you getting a reputable regression therapist that can walk you through the process.

My processing worked for me. I hold no hostility towards those who hurt me. They have to deal with what they did on their own terms. I have released them from me to move on to go their own way. Most are dead now, actually, all but one. It's not my place to judge them. They were the instruments of my learning experiences. That is all. I no longer take it personally.
Old 19-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Guide

That's terrific linen! I'd like to believe I've adopted this same outlook regarding forgiveness and blame, however as much as I can say I am not taking it personally I do think a part of me still is. Thanks for the advice on the regression therapy. I just read a fascinating long article all about cellular memory. It all made perfect sense to me, and turns out I had already read the same article maybe a year ago...funny how I stumbled across it again. To heal from negative cellular memory it suggested Donna Eden's Energy Medicine tools. They are physical movements anyone can do, although I'm not sure how this will address cellular memory. I believe I will look into regression therapy. Thank you so much, and glad to hear it worked so well for you!

Here's the link to the article on Cellular Memory, in case anyone reading is interested.

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.co...ling-clearing/
Old 23-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Ask yourself what benefit are you receiving from holding on to them? What is the secondary gain that you are seeking in not letting them go. The same as you let go of the breath when it has been used, the emotion only needs to be experienced once.
Bibi
Old 23-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibibayliss
Ask yourself what benefit are you receiving from holding on to them? What is the secondary gain that you are seeking in not letting them go. The same as you let go of the breath when it has been used, the emotion only needs to be experienced once.
Bibi

Yes! I like to look for the purpose if I’m otherwise unable to release something. Let Spirit guide in exploration.