Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Sorry if I have offended you, but I see this conversation is not going anywhere. You have consistently said that I am doing this or that, and believe this or that, and I have told you I have not many times, and here it arises again. I am not avoiding anything - I posted to speak about specific points, and have done so.

Right.. this isn't going anywhere. I see, a lot of discussions here on SF.. sometimes I participate, others times not.. and people don't just disagree but nitpick, and straw man over and over again. I honestly think most of this wouldn't be there at all if we all talked about it in person, when facial cues tell us more, and we all share a drink. This form of communication isn't ingrained into our being, it's just words on a page.. but words can be interpreted in many ways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
OOB experiences aren't spiritual in my definition. And as to the "Mind of God" presumably one would have to know God first to even speak of such things (for or against) JL

It depends on what we see as 'spiritual'. I'd say our subtle/astral body isn't the 'spirit', as it's a 'form' and therefore changing, so strictly speaking, I could view it as not spiritual. Alternatively we could state everything is 'ensouled' which would make everything already spiritual. It's a question of perception, and of dualism/pantheism/panentheism..

Last edited by Altair : 19-04-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 19-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Right.. this isn't going anywhere. I see, a lot of discussions here on SF.. sometimes I participate, others times not.. and people don't just disagree but nitpick, and straw man over and over again. I honestly think most of this wouldn't be there at all if we all talked about it in person, when facial cues tell us more, and we all share a drink. This form of communication isn't ingrained into our being, it's just words on a page.. but words can be interpreted in many ways..

True.

JL