Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:39 PM
developing1

Exclamation Ego

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be honest here and say there's nothing in the world I would love more than to be a medium

when sitting in my circle and getting the psychometry exercises right really gives me a 'high' and if I'm honest strokes the ego a little bit

I have since learned that if we're developing mediumship to have no thoughts of our egos and not to let ourselves become big headed as the next week i sat in circle i could'nt get anything at all!

I'm sure this was deliberate on spirits part to teach me a valuable lesson that mediums are infact just messengers passing a message/information on and what really matters is service and love to others

what I'm trying to say is we shouldn't develop mediumship to stroke our own egos but we should stay humble and realise that it is service to others that's important, not being seen as special because we might have some gifts

service and love to others is what this life is all about

best wishes

developing1
Old 04-09-2006, 10:45 PM
kundalini

I concur, developing1.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Deactivated Account
i agree, but we wouldn't be human if we didn't feel that little 'high' when we get it right, it's natural surely? it's just when you get silly and boastful and think you're above everyone else it becomes a problem in my opinion anyway, enjoy your gifts but don't take em for granted i reckon
Old 04-09-2006, 11:12 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
i agree, but we wouldn't be human if we didn't feel that little 'high' when we get it right, it's natural surely? it's just when you get silly and boastful and think you're above everyone else it becomes a problem in my opinion anyway, enjoy your gifts but don't take em for granted i reckon

I fully agree with you daisy. I am always grateful with regards to the gifts of spirit.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Deactivated Account
yeah you're a genuine guy k can tell, most of the folk here are
Old 05-09-2006, 11:21 AM
lumas

totally agree that its the service to others that boosts the ego rather than for myself although daisy it is a good feeling to know you are correct, i always get a feeling when something is right its a feeling of goosebumps/tingling all over...
Old 05-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumas
totally agree that its the service to others that boosts the ego rather than for myself although daisy it is a good feeling to know you are correct, i always get a feeling when something is right its a feeling of goosebumps/tingling all over...

exactly my point we're only human and it's only natural to feel good when you're successful, the point being not to go from happy/ pleased to overbearing and selfish spirit don't want us to be miserable
Old 14-09-2006, 01:18 PM
mikron

bring the ego.............on the journey of ascension..... full circle
Old 14-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Light Mage

I know I would feel really good about myself if I had spiritual gifts such as healing, mediumship or aura sight, because that would mean I'm "special". Although would that count as Pride, which is frowned upon?

Maybe it is ego, but I would hope that it's better than being apathetic about things you can do to help others.

(Of course the "I'm so powerful, respect my authoritaah!" types just come across as being rude. I hope I never get like that!)

Being humble is a virtue many of us forget.
Closed Thread