Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Master
Music makes me emotional -why ?

Hey all,

Sometimes when i listen to music, especially deep and powerful music, i get quite emotional.

Why could this be ?
Does this happen to you ?
Old 20-11-2013, 02:55 PM
livingkarma

I used music as therapy during my grief ...
It brought powerful meaning to my journey ...
Provided words for my feelings when I had none ...
Surfaced buried emotions ...
Reminded me of being together & all the wonderfully fun experiences we shared as a couple ...
Music can be very healing for so many of life's hurdles ...
Old 20-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Experiencer

From an experience with a Heavenly Creature, a DJ who I won't name, I have found myself hearing/mixing/tuning into music of all kinds. The more one projects into it the more you might find you hear it when its not "switched on". Maybe you're an angel making music for someone like me who sometimes hears better than digital or live quality. I feel the more you 'feel' the music the more intune you become with angels, or telepaths, or singers who (for me its in the HOLY GHOST) make music and feel into music with and for each other in the Zeitgeist
Old 20-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Suspended

words ar just an expression of thought, what ever your listening to is prolly conjuring emotional thoughts. If you get really emotional all the time, that just means your tuned into your emotional side.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:40 PM
simcau

I remember watching something years ago where they hooked up some musicians to monitor their brain activity while those musicians created new music. It's available here on YouTube if you're interested in it.

When you experience, create, or even imagine just music, it activates parts of your brain that deal with emotion, along with other regions like visual and motor skills (which is why you tend to tap your feet or sway). Perhaps for you, music invokes memories that are tied with something that carries a lot of emotional links. A musical childhood, time with someone musical who is now gone, that sort of thing.

livingkarma mentioned musical therapy, and there is a type of musical therapy that is used amongst the elderly specifically because of it's ability to trigger those emotional memories. Playing the music they listened to when they were younger can help to clear even foggy minds, bringing the person back, reminding them of memories that surround the music. This video I saw a couple years back, and it's an amazing example of this at work.

If you remember back to when you were in elementary school, your teachers likely had you creating mind webs / brain clouds. That is a visualization of how your brain actually works. Memories are all linked together, and they will branch out to memories that connect through sight, sound, taste, smell, touch, or simply similar emotional states. When you feel emotional from music, what you would be experiencing is life - your life. It is activating memories of something that has that effect on you. Perhaps if you were to meditate while listening to that music, the memories being activated would be able to find their way to the surface to tell you specifically why you feel the way you do.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Master
Music is the best thing that ever happened to me, I don't own a tv, I dedicated my life to making/listening/writing music instead, and its carried me through just about everything, a soundtrack to my life, I honestly believe if we got rid of more telly and introduced more music in its place, a lot more smiles would be seen! All that Simcau said in reply here makes me smile, music is so powerful :)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 21-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
Hey all,

Sometimes when i listen to music, especially deep and powerful music, i get quite emotional.

Why could this be ?

LifeandOneness - Yes, I'm very much affected by music. It alters my mood almost instantly, especially piano music. I associate some music with different times in my life that weren't so happy and just to hear those songs can depress me as if I've gone back in time so I have to turn off the music in order to not cry. Then again, I tear up when an ambulance drives by me.

Blackraven
Old 23-11-2013, 02:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hey all,

Why could this be ?

Yes and I have found it to be a great healer. For me emotions clear my chakras. I fear no emotion. Lol. Or try not to. I have a ways to go

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Experiencer

I get the same way with singers...its weird, like if I am watching the voice or something and someone has a gvreat voice and hits a high cord, I start tearing up...weird.
Old 23-11-2013, 05:12 AM
good day

Quote:
Hey all,

Why could this be ?

You are naturally emotional.