Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hi Moonglow :) as clear as the moonlight on a cloudless night (with a little fog on the horizen)

Would we be 'aware' of our lack of consciousness? If so, then would the answer be a resounding yes? :) its a curly question that one lol

haha agreed Kate! and that's where the mission gets interesting, should we choose to accept it

Peace & blessings,
7L/Amanda

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 21-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Master
repeat post..sorry mods connection wasn't showing post...please delete.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 21-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Master
repeat post..sorry mods connection wasn't showing post...please delete.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 21-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine_Dog
Oh boy, this is where it gets tricky.

Yes.. Awareness can be unconscious as well. Think of dreaming, your in a unconscious state, yet also aware (in a sense). Aware in this case by deriving meaning out of images without uhmm... Deriving meaning

Example: What's this?

Now you don't have to search for a meaning to this(consciously), you just know (aware) it's the sky. So this type of awareness is present in the unconscious.

Alternatively, a simple test of consciousness that couldn't be passed unconsciously is as follows:

Why can't we do this unconsciously, perhaps because in order to derive meaning from words there has to be a conscious collaboration (focus)of several brain functions. So now that the water is even more muddier. ..

Which came first again-- the conscious or awareness? The unconscious or unconscious awareness?

Hi Medicine Dog,

Yes, in what I understand of psychology there is the conscious state and unconscious state. In both states there does seem to be an awareness.
To stir up the waters more then there is Lucid dreaming, which is dreaming in a conscious state.

The human brain is very interesting and feel we are just beginning to realize its functions and potentials.

So yes there is that aspect that plays into it.

What about those things one may become aware or be aware of that does not seem to develop in our brains? May interpret these things with in ones mind, but what brings them to someone? Example; What may be sensed intuitively.

If it be Spirit or formless, then wonder if this in of itself notices itself and holds focus on us or is it us through noticing it bring our own focus to it?

To further play with this are we ever fully unconscious in our being?
Yes, may have no thoughts as I sleep, but my body still does it thing and even when I dream some are my mind working out problems or exploring possibilities. Aren't these conscious acts? Although not in the waking sense, but in the sense there seems to be some sort of focus going on.

It may just all blend together.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I would say there is only conscious awareness within mind ... what we are cannot be unconscious in reflection of what we are .. I suppose it could be said that aspects of the self are at times not aware of what other aspects of self are aware of ...

x daz x

Hi God-Like yes can relate to this and it is what plays around in my mind.

What brings what to what? and a bit of how it goes together.

Thank you for the insight.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Hi Moonglow,

The bolded words may highlight a consideration worth pondering. As human awareness brings consciousness `in form` to Spirit. While Spirit, bring a more `formless` consciousness to human awareness. And it is the challenge of human Spiritual development, to find ways of reconciling these two elements of consciousness into our human experiential awareness.

Exactly that, as that defines the human development of Spiritual awareness in our consciousness. And the many creative results of created/manifest ways in which human beings express potentials or possibilities, have evolved the psychic, medium, channel, or the extra sensory perception of a sixth sense. Whereas that evolution of potentials may be recognized to, “be just the continual flow of it”.

Makes sense to me to.

The awareness of Spirit may reflect in an adapted balanced harmony with `who`, they share that awareness. And though there are many levels to evolution, I feel that `source` Spirit may be the A and Z of evolutions alphabet, and thus the result of `every` potential fulfilled. While all else remains letters within that alphabet, evolving in the creativity of potentials, flowing and streaming into the next letter of evolutions alphabet. As we consider why our consciousness searches for `new` awareness, naturally.

Once again you define that which is a natural flow of interconnectivity, in shared existence. Of course they are integrated as that integration `is` life. But giving consideration to; “Isn't it when what one becomes aware of is integrated into ones life? What one focuses on seems to be what gets manifested in ones life.” On the surface yes, but, what we are consciously aware of, may be the tip of an iceberg that runs deep beneath our surface consciousness. As sub-consciousness and even unconscious awareness, may hold more than we recognize on the surface levels of conscious awareness. Yet they may still shape what manifests into our lives.

How many human beings are Spiritual mediums, unaware consciously of an awareness they experience naturally? How many are empathic or telepathic, while unaware consciously of an awareness they naturally integrate into their routine lives? For if there is a `sixth sense` common to human experience. How much of `its` awareness, finds its way into conscious focus or recognition. Yet it may still naturally integrate into routine life.

The currents and flows of interconnectivity, between `awareness` and `consciousness`, may not always be, as straightforward as first considered by human reasoning.

When we understand `how` they may both share sameness, what you reflect may be just what we find to be reality.

Just like that, as the observer can share sameness with an awareness of everything, without conscious reaction. What else but freedom could come from such observations in awareness, in the presence of consciousness?

Presentation is less important than freeing the expression, as exploration is consciousness seeking new awareness, from within. For self-reflection, can be the most illuminating guide when we may reflect our own exploration, because we expressed its possibility. And you demonstrate that well.

It is natural that we learn more, when we `share` our self-reflections? For they may produce `shared` insights, and what`s more creative than that possibility. Thanks for sharing yours Moonglow.

Hi Papa Bear,

It is an interesting wandering in mind and being. You present sameness and I feel as awareness/what I notice or brought to my attention places a deeper focus upon this. At times though the focus seems to transform into just it being there and it becomes part of the environment (so to speak). No thought really needed, it is just there.

Further thoughts At times things are noticed and other times seem brought to my attention.
Through this at times a deeper contemplation is taken and at other times it just integrates with me with out much thought needed.

There seems a flow going on between awareness and consciousness. At times may take thought and contemplation, at other times seems to just happen. Like when something is sensed or felt, but not quite sure what it may be. May seek it out in the mind or actions or just let it be and notice it is there and what it brings. Both ways can bring further awareness and consciousness.

It does seem some things just happen, I become aware of it, but have no idea how it came about. Still it seems to expand my consciousness in some way. Other times it has taken others to bring an awareness or another way of seeing it, to me. Perhaps it happens when needed or desired and comes into ones awareness and focus.

So yes would say it is not always so straight forward. Thus the sharing and exploring, which bring about a reflection to me of its diversity, but in its essence seems to hold a unity through the interconnections and flow.

So how this gets communicated in form and spirit and flows with in seems some of this contemplation, for me.

Gave me some good food for thought and reflection.
Thank You
Old 22-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hi Moonglow :) as clear as the moonlight on a cloudless night (with a little fog on the horizen)

Would we be 'aware' of our lack of consciousness? If so, then would the answer be a resounding yes? :) its a curly question that one lol

Hi Sound,

Guess it depends how deep one desires or dares to go.

In our essence do we ever lack consciousness? At times perhaps it takes just moving myself out of my own way with all the thinking and doubts, in order to realize what has always been there.

Thanks for the riddle (lol) and sharing.
Old 22-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Medicine_Dog

Quote:
What about those things one may become aware or be aware of that does not seem to develop in our brains? May interpret these things with in ones mind, but what brings them to someone? Example; What may be sensed intuitively.

Well there's two types of intuition, the first introverted(subjective) iNtuition (Ni) and second extraverted(objective) iNtuition (Ne). Ni is the most tricky to understand, I wouldn't doubt at all if it's got some kind of spiritual connection associated with it. Frued commented in a interview once that Ni is the hardest to explain, he related a story about a girl he once treated, she was on the beach and all the sudden an overwhelming thought of "this isn't right" took over her. She rounded up her family and got out of there just in time to escape a tidal wave that killed most people that was on that particular beach.

Ne is based on past experiences, it takes objective forms and catalogues them to memory for future reference. It's the comparative intuition that seeks to find meaning to objects, often entertaining multiple meanings to the same object. This type of intuition notices patterns Based on experience. If the last five hundred apples you seen where red, Ne would ascertain the next apple you see will most likely be red. This type of intuition doesn't seem to be spiritual in nature. At least in the opinion of this dominant Ne user.

Quote:
If it be Spirit or formless, then wonder if this in of itself notices itself and holds focus on us or is it us through noticing it bring our own focus to it?

Good question but probably better let a Ni dominate person take that one. As I mentioned Ne doesn't seem spiritual by nature.

Quote:
To further play with this are we ever fully unconscious in our being?
Yes, may have no thoughts as I sleep, but my body still does it thing and even when I dream some are my mind working out problems or exploring possibilities. Aren't these conscious acts? Although not in the waking sense, but in the sense there seems to be some sort of focus going on.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious? I assure you that while maybe a few functions stay alert, it's far from a conscious experience. Some people won't even remember getting Ko'd, like that boxer that gets Ko'd who gets up afterwards and still try's to fight, or asks the ref if he won.

It's probably safe to say that while not being completely out of the loop, the unconscious mind works different enough to at least be labeled something other than conscious..

Enjoy
Old 22-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine_Dog

Have you ever been knocked unconscious? I assure you that while maybe a few functions stay alert, it's far from a conscious experience. Some people won't even remember getting Ko'd, like that boxer that gets Ko'd who gets up afterwards and still try's to fight, or asks the ref if he won.

It's probably safe to say that while not being completely out of the loop, the unconscious mind works different enough to at least be labeled something other than conscious..

Enjoy

Hi M.D.

Similar to one that is in a coma in that they are not conscious of their physical reality (in a physical sense) but what we are remains in awareness beyond the physical reality . In that respect one remains in conscious awareness but from a different vantage point . If one does not remember such a vantage point then it can seem as if one has been unconscious .

x daz x
Old 23-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Potential(s) seem to, in my view.
From the potentials form manifests in its many varieties.

Does form give rise to consciousness?

As I look at this question it seems it does. For consciousness seems to be where one places focus. Which leads down the path to the next inquiry.
I agree that potential precedes actualizing into form. Not all potentials actualize, some remain potentials. Universes are ‘areas’ where some potentials have actualized.

Quote:
Can the Universe have consciousness without the manifestation of form?
To me, consciousness is one of the base potentials which sometimes manifests into form. Same for awareness.

Definitions as I use them:
Consciousness: being able to process information
Awareness: being able to gather (sense and acquire) information

As such a pure consciousness without any awareness exists in a self contained, self constructed reality.
Pure awareness would be something that is imprinted by its surroundings (with information) but never processes it.

Quote:
If there is nothing (formless) to have or express that consciousness or there is no focus being done, then is there just awareness?
While formlessness strictly speaking does not ‘exist’, conscious and/or aware beings can still operate solely in the realm of the potentials. Potentials can be created, destroyed, or mixed. In this state all possibilities are there and can potentially be perceived. However none of them ever ‘play out’. Without any actualizing, there is no experience.